BRING ON DENVER!!!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think him being robbed in the slam dunk contest a few times helped build the adoration he receives here. As Suns fans we're used to getting screwed, he'd fit right in.

Plus we were spoiled, and then robbed, of Amare's above the rim game. Gordon is another high flying big who attacks the rim like it owes him money. That's something Suns fans have longed for since Amare left. We even drank the Marquis Chriss kool-aid because of his potential to fill that role.

Each time we've been contenders we've had an athletic PF. Tom Chambers, Antonio McDyess (ever so briefly and a huge "what if" in franchise history), and Amare. If we could somehow add Aaron Gordon to this roster, we'd be more than contenders but actual favorites for a title.

Not sure he starts over Jae.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Jamal Murray, the Nuggets were a true underdog to the Suns from the get go. The excitement of the Blazers series affected people's judgement.

Not that it would be hugely shocking for the Suns to lose. Injuries, bad play by the Suns... sure it could happen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even that one guy???

They're calling a gentleman's sweep now.

I had never heard that phrase before this year's playoffs. Is that new or have I just missed it somehow? Urban dictionary has it listed and its entry is from 2014. So I guess I have missed it somehow. I blame McD for that. I followed the NBA playoffs despite the Suns not being in it but didn't pay that much attention to the 1st round. Usually didn't get into it until after the lottery drawing, which usually occurred toward the end of the 2nd round.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had never heard that phrase before this year's playoffs
. Is that new or have I just missed it somehow? Urban dictionary has it listed and its entry is from 2014. So I guess I have missed it somehow. I blame McD for that. I followed the NBA playoffs despite the Suns not being in it but didn't pay that much attention to the 1st round. Usually didn't get into it until after the lottery drawing, which usually occurred toward the end of the 2nd round.

Well, I'm right there with you, I didn't come across it until the conversation here a few weeks ago about the difference between backdoor and gentleman's sweeps. I watched some of the playoffs too but I didn't follow it closely with Phoenix being so irrelevant and when I did watch the games I'd switch my audio feed to music so I wouldn't have to listen to what was usually pretty poor commentary.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. If you are coaching Denver, how do you approach game 2?

I am not sure. The Suns have figured it out. Play d, push the pace, run your depth in waves. The game might stay close in the first half but Jokic will be grabbing his shorts midway through the third quarter.

oh. Paul vs the Argentinian and Booker vs Rivers is just not fair. Aaron has played well though.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. If you are coaching Denver, how do you approach game 2?

I am not sure. The Suns have figured it out. Play d, push the pace, run your depth in waves. The game might stay close in the first half but Jokic will be grabbing his shorts midway through the third quarter.

oh. Paul vs the Argentinian and Booker vs Rivers is just not fair. Aaron has played well though.

More screens for Porter and more iso of Gordon on phoenix guards. I'd look for them to attack more since their coach called them soft.

Maybe less of Rivers/Scarpachi

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I had never heard that phrase before this year's playoffs. Is that new or have I just missed it somehow? Urban dictionary has it listed and its entry is from 2014. So I guess I have missed it somehow. I blame McD for that. I followed the NBA playoffs despite the Suns not being in it but didn't pay that much attention to the 1st round. Usually didn't get into it until after the lottery drawing, which usually occurred toward the end of the 2nd round.
what is that? Losing 1 and then winning 4?

OK. Well we can't do that now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More screens for Porter and more iso of Gordon on phoenix guards. I'd look for them to attack more since their coach called them soft.

Maybe less of Rivers/Scarpachi
Porter tweaked his back. That was why he had so much difficulty in the second half. Usually that type of stuff does not go away quickly, especially for a player with a history.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Porter tweaked his back. That was why he had so much difficulty in the second half. Usually that type of stuff does not go away quickly, especially for a player with a history.

oh yes I forgot about that.

Funny how there's really no media coverage about last nights game, oh wait only LA and NY teams matter.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yes I forgot about that.

Funny how there's really no media coverage about last nights game, oh wait only LA and NY teams matter.

Another reason to cheer for a Suns-Jazz WCF (And Bucks/Hawks, but don't think Milwaukee can come back)

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
to be fair, no nugget fans predicted a sweep. The person who posted that was mistaken.

Just about every Nuggets pod I saw had them winning in 5/6/7 (most of these in 6).

getting swept with -16PD was uh not close to Nuggets fans’ predictions

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to be fair, no nugget fans predicted a sweep. The person who posted that was mistaken.

I see no shame in a fan picking his team to win, sweep or otherwise. I'm sure most Nuggets fans thought they had a decent chance to win the series, a few were wildly confident and some were predicting doom and gloom. Just like here.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Just about every Nuggets pod I saw had them winning in 5/6/7 (most of these in 6).

getting swept with -16PD was uh not close to Nuggets fans’ predictions

every fan picks their team to win. Just like the suns fans will in the WCF. Nothing wrong with that.

but zero nugget fans picked a sweep. That’s all I was referring too.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
I see no shame in a fan picking his team to win, sweep or otherwise. I'm sure most Nuggets fans thought they had a decent chance to win the series, a few were wildly confident and some were predicting doom and gloom. Just like here.

agreed.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
every fan picks their team to win. Just like the suns fans will in the WCF. Nothing wrong with that.

but zero nugget fans picked a sweep. That’s all I was referring too.

that would be impossible to prove.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hahaha thanks for bringing on den

Even few day's after still suns actually swept them ouch lol...

Will see big changes in den i think they keep Malone though

With murray den would not have got swept imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard