CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I probably like this Denver team more than most. IMO, they are very close. They have two stars in Murray and Jokic and a nice bunch of complementary players. I'm thinking Michael Porter Jr. has a chance to be a Gordon Hayward type player.
He’s not the ball handler or passer that Hayward is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not the ball handler or passer that Hayward is.

I was mainly looking at the shooting. I'm sure there are better comparisons.

If injuries do not plague MPJ, I think he can eventually be a star at 6'10" but that's a big "if."

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope this series will stop any talk of acquiring Aaron Gordon or thinking he's a guy to pay. Totally outclassed all series.

Id still like to have Gordon here as our PF but not at the cost of our youngsters or the salary he's likely to demand after next season. Decent player who asked to do too much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was against this trade at the beginning mostly because I didn't like the risks involved. I got on board prior to the deal being made but it was for the wrong reason, I bought in because of the rumors/reports that Booker was pushing for it along with the rumors about him leaving for LA if we didn't show improvement. We all saw the right reason to be behind this trade in the last 6 playoff games. Chris is incredible. And he's been the best leader this franchise has EVER had - I can't think of anyone that even comes close.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Paul greatly outclasses even peak Nash. On offense. When you throw in the defense it is laughable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was against this trade at the beginning mostly because I didn't like the risks involved. I got on board prior to the deal being made but it was for the wrong reason, I bought in because of the rumors/reports that Booker was pushing for it along with the rumors about him leaving for LA if we didn't show improvement. We all saw the right reason to be behind this trade in the last 6 playoff games. Chris is incredible. And he's been the best leader this franchise has EVER had - I can't think of anyone that even comes close.

without a doubt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul greatly outclasses even peak Nash. On offense. When you throw in the defense it is laughable.

I don't want to sell Nash short, he was incredible on offense and for most of the game, I'd give a big edge (offensively) to Steve. That is, until you factor in turnovers and Paul's ability to come up big in the closing minutes. Nash struggled in those late game situations where the refs put their whistles away, Chris seems to thrive in those moments.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Late game moments are so much more important than the rest of the game, and it so much rarer to find even great players that are nails in them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is seriously one of the best thread bumps ever.
After a suns win i always come back read this thread!!

Paul such a goat epic godly signing wow!!

Hope next series provides the same paul and injury free!!

Staying cool inside during crappy az heat wave fun reading old threads with morning coffee!!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just looked at the trade as an upgrade over Rubio. Paul gives you those big shots in the 4th. Rubio is great, but scoring with the game on the line is not his forte. So immediately we then had both Booker and Paul that can hit big shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose