Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went to bed last night with the Suns up 17, but their lead was shrinking.

I wake up this morning to great news, bring on the Nuggets!

Like I said before the Lakers series started, "Suns in six."

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder and Booker were ejected? Wow, that's a crazy way to end a game

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder and Booker were ejected? Wow, that's a crazy way to end a game

Booker wasn't ejected, he only got a technical. Crowder had a technical earlier in the game and got another at the end so he was tossed. Apparently he was T'd up for taunting. He did a little dance, which was pretty funny.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Lakers fans on my UCLA board are all saying if we had been healthy this was another title year. At least one guy pointed out Paul was playing one handed much of the series for the Suns and that played a large role in the Lakers going up 2-0.

Booker was insane the first quarter was unreal, 6 threes against a team essentially doubling him inside of 30 feet, that was like Steph.

The Suns have to hope Paul will be healthy but I think the big concern from this series is Ayton's defense or lack of going against a Denver team with Jokic. Ayton scored and rebounded very well in the Lakers series but every game I watched it seemed like the Lakers had their way in the paint, they lost because they couldn't make 3's, or guard Booker.

It's an interesting question they won a title by getting Davis but did they gut their future? Remember they had Randle, Ingram, Lonzo in their youth. Randle and Ingram had showed they were going to be good. They let Randle walk when they brought in lebron and then the next year traded Ingram and Ball in the Davis deal. They won a title but their lack of depth was pretty obvious in this series and it's directly related to that trade and letting Randle go.

Congrats on the win and keep it going against Denver.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ranking the Suns' playoff wins over the Lakers -

1. 1989-90 - "The Cotton Express" years. The first time is always the sweetest.
2. 2020-21 - After a decade of missing out on the playoffs, they open up beating the champions.
4. 1992-93 - Westphal's guarantee after they lost the first two games and they backed it up.
3. 2005-06 - Kobe basically quits in game 7 and the Suns crush them by 31
4. 2006-07 - The Suns in a cakewalk.

All enjoyable experiences!
I agree exactly with this list.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won’t be surprised if the NBA rescinds that T

Yeah, if they decide it was celebratory (it looked like it was to/with Booker) it will be rescinded. Obviously if they feel it was taunting, it will stand. I thought they were celebrating but they didn't give us the best views on that sequence in addition to not knowing what was said.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, if they decide it was celebratory (it looked like it was to/with Booker) it will be rescinded. Obviously if they feel it was taunting, it will stand. I thought they were celebrating but they didn't give us the best views on that sequence in addition to not knowing what was said.

The angle sucked but you could tell Crowder was facing away from the Lakers bench. I think that will help the case to get it rescinded.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Antoine Walker said that LeBron ought to consider retiring because his career from here forward will be more about chasing stats than winning championships.

Last night’s game will be recorded in history as the moment LeBron James was dethroned. AND DEVIN BOOKER DID IT.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Antoine Walker said that LeBron ought to consider retiring because his career from here forward will be more about chasing stats than winning championships.

Last night’s game will be recorded in history as the moment LeBron James was dethroned. AND DEVIN BOOKER DID IT.

lol that’s great, finally people are getting off of lebrons D.

Lakers fans are so dumb or privileged, claiming lebron needs more help again SMH, and now they’re going to get Dame

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For anyone who might have missed it. Heres the Gone Fishin segment from Inside the NBA last night sending.the Lakers off. The Lakers are at 2:02 after.the Blazers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13 of those against a really soft Eastern Conference. Suns would have made the playoffs multiple times in the East

LeBron has never won a REAL Western Conference Playoff series

Lebron has won four NBA championships and too many other awards to mention so I won't take that away from him. He has had to carry many teams in his journey to greatness.

I guess a sobering moment for me is him presenting a signed jersey to Devin Booker with ice packs on both knees. At 36 he may nearing the downside of his career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything seems surreal this morning after beating the Lakers. The only thing sobering is the Suns facing the Nuggets on Monday.

I wish we had more time to celebrate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard