Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 5-25-2021 - Game #2

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
And undoubtedly, Monty needs to work on some in-game adjustments. He hasn't seemed particularly proficient at shifting things up on the fly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what do you propose we do if we let him walk? Go back to winning 30% of our games, piss Booker off, and hope we can sign a difference maker before Book asks to be dealt? Ill keep Paul and improve the team around him. Its not his fault we lost, we need more size.

wouldn’t be an issue if we had drafted Halliburton.

nothing is ideal, but throwing huge money at a declining player probably isn’t the solution.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I thought Cam Johnson did a fine job. He hit a couple big 3s and played really good defense on both Davis and Lebron. In fact, I thought defensively he did a better job than Bridges.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty felt he had to take Chris Paul out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said he needs to be a superstar? But with Paul out and Book getting double and sometimes triple teamed, Bridges (and Crowder) needed to make some shots. They didn’t...

WTF? NO ONE said Bridges needs to be a superstar.

BOOK needs to be a Superstar in a game like tonight and he fumbled the game away when it was superstar time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And what do you propose we do if we let him walk? Go back to winning 30% of our games, piss Booker off, and hope we can sign a difference maker before Book asks to be dealt? Ill keep Paul and improve the team around him. Its not his fault we lost, we need more size.

I can’t do Book and Ayton as our two best players again, especially without the leadership of CP3. They have to re-sign him risk be damned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the Clippers lost. Man, I hate that team.

if the Lakers get through us, I think they get to the Finals because Denver is dinged and the other bracket just stinks.

but they will get drilled by the Nets and as much as I loathe the Nets, I loathe the Lakers more.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t do Book and Ayton as our two best players again, especially without the leadership of CP3. They have to re-sign him risk be damned.

so you want a 40 year old Chris Paul making 20 million a year that’s not realistic dude

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This game was so distressing. Paul isn't even fit to be second string right now. Everything Saric did was obnoxiously stupid Everyone else seemed up and down. It's like was this team drugged??

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

if the Lakers get through us, I think they get to the Finals because Denver is dinged and the other bracket just stinks.

but they will get drilled by the Nets and as much as I loathe the Nets, I loathe the Lakers more.

Remember, Nash coaches the Nets so seeing them win a title won't be that bad. Also seeing Kyrie beat LeBron in the finals would be interesting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this team has a lot of conundrums facing it in the off-season.

CP3 always gets hurt in the playoffs.

Ayton will want MAX but hasn’t proven he deserves it and I fear one good series clouds the issue even more.

People are talking about Bridges being a 20 million dollar a year player... who no shows a lot in the reg season on offense and totally in the playoffs.

lf Rudy gets the max, then ayton deserves it too. He has potential to be a lot better than him, and he will probably eventually get there.

I’m not worried about giving bridges that contract either, he will continue to get better.

cp3, I would prefer he just plays out his contract. Cam Payne might be outplaying him by next season - if we can even keep him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about if Paul picks up his $44,211,146 option?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game was so distressing. Paul isn't even fit to be second string right now. Everything Saric did was obnoxiously stupid Everyone else seemed up and down. It's like was this team drugged??

Crowder was the biggest disappointment. He’s supposed to bring the playoff fire and he immediately took himself out of the game, then shot like garbage most of the game.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Cam Johnson did a fine job. He hit a couple big 3s and played really good defense on both Davis and Lebron. In fact, I thought defensively he did a better job than Bridges.

And he wasn't out there as much as he should have. He was dominate at defense and hit the 3s when he shot them.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The threes that bridges shot were more closely contested than he’s used to taking. He really needs space to wind up. Reminded me of Marion against the spers.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Crowder was the biggest disappointment. He’s supposed to bring the playoff fire and he immediately took himself out of the game, then shot like garbage most of the game.

I think he was great everywhere else but his crappy shooting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was great everywhere else but his crappy shooting.

He wasn’t great getting second snd third fouls taking him completely out of the game and putting us at a big disadvantage in the first half.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought his intensity was really important during the come back. He had a few incredible sequences on defense.

They should’ve just left him in after the second foul. Let him foul out. He needs to be out there.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Dont give up on the suns yet cheese...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson