2021 6th round pick B is Tay Gowan CB

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watching his highlights I think he needs to chill with self-hype. He’s very handsy & will get tagged with a bunch of penalties. He seems to get beat on routes a lot and is late to recover. That won’t fly in the NFL.

Heh. I've noticed over the years a number of top corners in the NFL play this way. I'd tell my corners to mug receivers all of the time. Sherman mugged people his entire career. Ramsey does too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Heh. I've noticed over the years a number of top corners in the NFL play this way. I'd tell my corners to mug receivers all of the time. Sherman mugged people his entire career. Ramsey does too.
Yup. Volume. They won’t flag of them. And if you eventually get the rep of a great, but physical, cover guy they’ll eventually just let you do it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
but I won't be shocked if some of these opt-out and -- underclassmen guys pop off in this draft.

the NFL generally gets the draft right order right, but between a transfer to UCF and an opt out due to covid --there is a plausible rationale for why a really good prospect lasted until the 6th round

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
the NFL generally gets the draft right order right, but between a transfer to UCF and an opt out due to covid --there is a plausible rationale for why a really good prospect lasted until the 6th round
Normally, but draft scouting has been very different these past two years. A lack of overall film, recent film, and in-person interactions makes the process less certain. NFL front offices are mostly risk-averse and scouts aren't banging on the table for guys that come with more uncertainty.

From a scout's perspective. No one is firing you for another team drafting a guy who cam e with "risk" in the 4th round and him becoming a stud. You will get fired if you advocate for a guy in round 4 who came with "risk" and gets cut in camp.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the guy's swagger. Hope Tay can back it up on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think I found my favorite in this draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Self motivated guys like this normally find ways to hang around the league. This isn't to say he is a starter we found at the bottom of the draft, too early to say, but I can see him being a 10 year special teams guy if this is his mindset.