Who Do You Love

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are in a spot where likely all of the "blue chip" prospects will be gone.

I like AVT, but I don't like using first round picks on guards. Even with his positional versatility, his best spot is likely guard.

I like Farley also, but his medicals ARE a concern, even though I think he has the highest ceiling of the CBs in the draft. I can see passing on him and I can see drafting him. Newsome is similar.

Outside of the top three receivers, none are really worthy of #16.

I hate the idea of using another high pick on an ILB.

Edge isn't a big enough need and none of the edge players are significantly better than other positions.

I like the idea of Najee Harris, but the position has been a bit devalued.

As I said, I want a good football player. With all of this taken into account, I probably will now cast my vote for AVT. Murray is the franchise and what better way to commit to him than by protecting him.

Yep this is all of me as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In general for this draft, here are guys who I really like at various stages. I will skip round 1 because I feel I have posted that in multiple places.

Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis
Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana
Walker Little OT Stanford
Quinn Meinerz OL Wisconsin Whitewater
Daviyon Nixon DL Iowa
Jayson Oweh - EDGE Penn St
Payton Turner EDGE Houston
Chris Rumph EDGE Duke
Dylan Moses LB Alabama
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse
Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
Ar'Darius Washington S TCU

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
In a perfect world I’d want the first two picks for the Cards to Be Patrick Surtain II in the 1st round and Asante Samuel jr. In the second round...

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alabama is by far the best team in the land. For the 1st round, I want an Alabama player.
1. Waddle
2. Surtain
3. Smith
4. Harris

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So if you were the GM and truly believed he was that good would you select Moore with the 16th pick?

It would depend, because I think there is a legit chance he goes #15 to the Pats.

If one of the top Cb's were there at #16, I would have to lean that way because its a bigtime need and an expensive position to try and fill in FA.

If our choices at 16 are Moore, Toney, AVT, Jalen Phillips.....those types...I would try to trade down or just take Moore.

That guy is ELECTRIC with the ball in his hands. Everyone is comparing Waddle to Tyreke Hill...but I see it more with Rondale Moore. He is also a class act and team leader.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
***WHOM***

The question comes directly from and quotes the song. George Thorogood certainly didn't sing "Whom do you love?"

:hammer:

Don't mess with a writer, son ;)

(except when he's not paying attention and posts irresponsibly, or *gasp* makes a they're-their-there error, then mess away)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In general for this draft, here are guys who I really like at various stages. I will skip round 1 because I feel I have posted that in multiple places.

Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis
Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana
Walker Little OT Stanford
Quinn Meinerz OL Wisconsin Whitewater
Daviyon Nixon DL Iowa
Jayson Oweh - EDGE Penn St
Payton Turner EDGE Houston
Chris Rumph EDGE Duke
Dylan Moses LB Alabama
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse
Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
Ar'Darius Washington S TCU

Unfortunately, I think probably ALL of these guys will be long gone after the Cardinals 2nd rounder.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How many third and shorts did we not convert last year? Answer: Najee Harris.

Not going to lie but I won't be disappointed with Najee even though the value kind of sucks.

Najee reminds me so much of Steven Jackson and if his career mirrored Jackson, the Cardinals wouldn't be disappointed. I think with Murray being smaller, it would be nice to have a big, hulking back lined up in the backfield.

Conner has good size and Chase would be a good third down back. RB would become a pretty good strength for the Cardinals.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not going to lie but I won't be disappointed with Najee even though the value kind of sucks.

Najee reminds me so much of Steven Jackson and if his career mirrored Jackson, the Cardinals wouldn't be disappointed. I think with Murray being smaller, it would be nice to have a big, hulking back lined up in the backfield.

Conner has good size and Chase would be a good third down back. RB would become a pretty good strength for the Cardinals.
It’s actually scary how the least valuable positions on both sides of the ball are being discussed as real possibilities at #16.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***WHOM***

COP OUT.

whom do you love?

I love Waddle or Devonta Smith. Don’t know enough about everyone else but if it’s not one of those guys, AVT. It wouldn’t be sexy, but if opens up big holes and creates a great pocket, it could be the best thing a young QB needs.

I’m not enamored of Newsome and Fairley’s medical obviously scares the crap out of me. If we can go CB in the 2nd and hopefully add another vet after the draft, I’ll be fine with that.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s actually scary how the least valuable positions on both sides of the ball are being discussed as real possibilities at #16.

Well, I think because quite a few people think there are less question marks with Zaven Collins and Najee Harris compared to OTHER positions.

I've moved to the AVT bandwagon now personally. The benefit is that he can immediately step in at RG and then could take over for Pugh once he is gone (which should be soon). An IOL group of Pugh-Hudson-AVT backed up by Murray, Gaillard, Winters, and possibly Jones is pretty solid. Jones can probably just focus on RT and take over for Beachum. A good amount of competition and back ups that have a good amount of playing time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A move down is the most ideal I've seen in any of the years I've followed the draft. The difference in value in #16 and #30 is minimal.
I think there’s a lot of eye of the beholder differentiation in that range. Also bc we could use a wr, ol, cb, rb, dt, edge, lb, or te it gives us a lot of flexibility.