Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If he was healthy and available every night he'd be the best player in the league, the guy is incredible. I just wish he had to play the game by the same rules as the rest of the league. He travels and commits fouls regularly and rarely gets called for either.
Yeah he’s a beast but he gets away with a TON. He’s also the most skilled and physically gifted player I’ve ever seen that size who spends so much time on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thoughts:

danny green is the complainiest b***h in the league.

book had an awful game - AWFUL game - until those last three shots. And that last one was pure butter.

big game from bridges. But he’s got to drop that WIDE OPEN dagger corner three that he bricked.

saric - yeesh. I don’t get how we are surviving without another effective big. Kudos to all our wings for doing yeoman work on dudes much bigger than them.

Carter dropped some big bombs tonight.

Paul was just filthy all night.

hope crowder is okay. Need Nader back if crowder out for a while now.

craig big on boards.

nice solid game by cam Johnson.

until the end of the game Ayton was making embiid work offensively. But at the end embiid just took over. I liked Ayton’s effort but when he gets outperformed 38/17 to 10/5 it makes it a real uphill battle for us. He was soft on the offensive end. Gotta make embiid work on that end of the court instead of being able to conserve energy. And please, I don’t want to see another game where Ayton gets swatted twice by guards.

but again we’ve walked away from a big game with a W. That’s the bucks and sixers on back to back games. Suns are smoking.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Monty HAS to give minutes to Frank at this point, right? Saric is the biggest liability on the team now, especially defensively. Give credit to the Sixers for making it much closer than it should have been in the last minute. Two tough threes and then that heave at the end that still gives me chills! :eek:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I watched it a few times and just couldn't tell for sure and someone on NBA TV (can't remember if it was the Philly broadcast crew or the NBA TV guys just after the game) also wondered the same thing. Did you see something official or semi-official on it or are you offering your opinion?
It was out if his hands with .1 left on the clock and the light on the backboard was still off. Watched it in .25 speed here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty HAS to give minutes to Frank at this point, right? Saric is the biggest liability on the team now, especially defensively. Give credit to the Sixers for making it much closer than it should have been in the last minute. Two tough threes and then that heave at the end that still gives me chills! :eek:

Frank, Gallo and Moore havent seen time in a while.

Sixers blew by Saric last night on a few plays due to defensive mixups with Bridges and the help defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Near the end of the game I loved seeing Paul gather everybody, particularly Carter who was kind of meandering aimlessly after having blown an assignment and huddling them up and speaking to them emotionally. I’d love to know what he was saying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we play really physically in the paint but not up top like the sixers, bucks, and clippers do.

It's so refreshing to hear something like this after all these years. I can't remember when I have ever heard this said about the Suns. Yes, there are times in the game where they clamp down inside and come out of there after stripping the ball loose.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
that one was the most insulting classic opposing player hits a playoff 3 to win or tie a playoff game against us.

I mean... We could understand the Paxson, loathe the Elie, but the Duncan?! That just felt like God was being downright cruel.

Heartbreaker but it wouldn’t have mattered. Our defense was so bad with Shaq and Amare that San Antonio got whatever they wanted.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Props on the win last night gang. Tough with no Simmons and Toby, but thems the breaks. We certainly had a chance, but couldn't get key stops. I bow down. Good luck the rest of the way!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Props on the win last night gang. Tough with no Simmons and Toby, but thems the breaks. We certainly had a chance, but couldn't get key stops. I bow down. Good luck the rest of the way!
To be fair if those guys played then Booker likely has a much better game because Thybulle wouldn't be starting. Game would have looked quite a bit different, but the Suns may still have won.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

in a year where so many guys are out and pretty much one player turned a team around from an under .500 club to the second best record in the league, the CP3 4 MVP thing has definitely picked up steam.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's the W that counts.
Primarily, yes. But let’s say Paul wasn’t able to carry them, Ayton’s inability to counter is a shortcoming of the team. His lame play tonight was evidence of that. Also, though we absolutely earned that win on the road against a top team, if we were at equal strength Ayton getting outdueled to that extent would likely have been our undoing. Mind you I italicized that phrase for a reason. I don’t expect Ayton to match embiid’s numbers. But to be outscored by 28 and outrebounded by 12 at the center position (actually it was a lot worse if you factor in Dario and Howard) is an enormous deficit to make up elsewhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose