Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the second stop of a five game road trip the Suns play the 76ers on Wednesday.

It's the first game of back-to-back games. Suns play at Boston on Thursday.

76ers are 39-18 and 7-3 in their last ten games. Mostly recently they lost to the Warriors on Monday.

Suns are 41-16 and 8-2 in their last ten games. The Suns are coming off a big 128-127 over time win in Milwaukee on Monday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and NBA TV.

It's an early game with a start time of 4 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric is listed as PROBABLE. The NBA injury report shows Abdel Nader as still OUT.

Nothing on Deandre Ayton which is great news.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very hard gm especially after hard w vs bucks

Hope the right suns team shows up

Gonna be a brutal stretch of gms to get suns rdy for poff basketball!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to give the guy some rest. Insert Craig into starting lineup.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Duane Rankin
@DuaneRankin

·
1h

When defending Joel Embiid, #Suns forward Dario Saric, a former teammate of his in Philadelphia, said you have to take away his midrange, don't be "scared," compete, but added you have to be "a little bit lucky," too. Embiid scored 35 on #Suns in 1st meeting Phoenix won at home.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know it's funny. After having a bad team or so long, it's kind of funny (and refreshing) to see people freaking out if the Suns get back to back losses. It's a change.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big game to see if Ayton can keep taking steps forward. Embiid has eaten his lunch for years. Let’s see if Ayton’s learned anything and can use his more consistent aggression to slow him down a little.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to give the guy some rest. Insert Craig into starting lineup.

I'm not sure about the starting lineup as Crowder seems to be Monty's preference at starting power forward. Crowder didn't play particularly well off the bench.

Monty may need to rotate Craig as the backup 4/5 to give Saric some rest. It seems like wherever the Suns have a vacuum they use Craig.

The Suns may need to find a role for Kaminsky again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the starting lineup as Crowder seems to be Monty's preference at starting power forward. Crowder didn't play particularly well off the bench.

Monty may need to rotate Craig as the backup 4/5 to give Saric some rest. It seems like wherever the Suns have a vacuum they use Craig.

The Suns may need to find a role for Kaminsky again.

I think Craig is a better defender than Kaminsky, Craig can help shoulder the defensive load to keep Ayton out of foul trouble early on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Craig is a better defender than Kaminsky, Craig can help shoulder the defensive load to keep Ayton out of foul trouble early on.

Craig is more than Kaminsky but there are only so many holes he can fill. Right now the Suns need Craig to come off the bench unless Monty shakes up his rotation.

The Suns already use Craig in various substitutions with the starters.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And let's all hope mini version of shaq shows tonight lol i remember that quote by booker or ayton....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Embiid has eaten his lunch for years.

They've faced each other all of three times, and only once since January 2019. Embiid won all three of those matchups decisively, but I don't think we can identify a trend that's been going on "for years."

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
All I ask for is... PLEASE NO ISO BALL LEADING TO A CONTESTED 3 IN THE FINAL 2 MINUTES!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They've faced each other all of three times, and only once since January 2019. Embiid won all three of those matchups decisively, but I don't think we can identify a trend that's been going on "for years."
3 lopsided contests. More than one year. Seems pretty accurate.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if all 4 of those guys (on injured list) play they wont be in top form. Guess maybe they should have built a deeper team.
Go Suns!
They are afraid to play us. Want to save their energy for the Bucks. That's a little tongue in cheek. But only sorta.

If you are the Bucks and you face the Suns and Bucks back to back, you are probably not really confident you are going to win both games. Worst thing to do is beat yourself up against the Suns and then lose to the Bucks too. Might be better to take the loss against the Suns, let your players heal another day, and then go for the win against the Bucks--a conference opponent.

Thinkin out loud here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose