Suns @ Bucks Monday game thread 4-19-2021

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
You can't underestimate Ayton's tie up for the jump ball with Giannis in that 4th. That's something he doesn't do his rookie year, last season, or maybe even in January. The kid's confidence is growing noticeably in the last two months now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was a big balls win. Everyone but Dario really contributed.

Ayton had some difficulty with giannis early but his play down the stretch might be the most DOMINAYTING I’ve seen from him yet. He called for the ball. Repeatedly stoned giannis. And he owned the defensive glass. I was incredibly impressed.

nice to see book bounce back and contribute in ways other than scoring - though I hate that final hero ball crap against a top defender to end the game. It was definitely a foul, but refs usually swallow their whistles in those instances.

Paul kept us in it early, thank goodness.

bridges just played huge down the stretch. This was a night of confidence building for that kid.

bench really played well.

STOKED for the bounce back win!

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
This was a big balls win. Everyone but Dario really contributed.
nice to see book bounce back and contribute in ways other than scoring - though I hate that final hero ball crap against a top defender to end the game. It was definitely a foul, but refs usually swallow their whistles in those instances.

Give credit to the Bucks defense, and also in large part to the Suns' plan to dribble down the clock, they didn't leave Book much of a window to deliver a passable ball to an open teammate. It was get the shot off or 2OT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Give credit to the Bucks defense, and also in large part to the Suns' plan to dribble down the clock, they didn't leave Book much of a window to deliver a passable ball to an open teammate. It was get the shot off or 2OT.
I’d give the bucks d more credit if we hadn’t seen the step back three point shot her ball failure a bunch of times already this year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I’d give the bucks d more credit if we hadn’t seen the step back three point shot her ball failure a bunch of times already this year.

It looked to me like the coaching staff assumed Booker would be able to break Holiday down off the dribble, and then he couldn't.

Polecat

Reaction score
The Suns tried screens to get Holiday off Booker. It didn't work. Everyone knew Booker would dribble around and he would take the last shot.
He ended up taking tough shots in regulation and in overtime.
Hero ball is not what got the Suns to where they are now. We have multiple playmakers and shooters on this team. We will have major trouble at the end of close games until the coaches and Booker make use of these players.
Jordan, if not the greatest then at least one if the greatest, understood this as the Suns fans well remember.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Suns tried screens to get Holiday off Booker. It didn't work. Everyone knew Booker would dribble around and he would take the last shot.
Hero ball is not what got the Suns to where they are now. We have multiple playmakers and shooters on this team. We will have major trouble at the end of close games until the coaches and Booker make use of these players.
Jordan, if not the greatest then at least one if the greatest, understood this as the Suns fans well remember.
Didn’t Bridges hit a huge 3 with like 20 seconds left in OT??

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He's the greatest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing that win showed is we are starting to gain respect from the league. There’s no way in previous years we get that call at the end of a big game on the road.

hell, we didn’t get that call earlier THIS year against Charlotte.

Last edited:

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Man that was the best suns game to watch in a long time. Ayton has arrived, hope he stays. Can't believe how much progress he has made in the last 2 months. Everyone played well, did what they had to do, well accept Saric, what happened to him? 1-7 in 18min

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It looked to me like the coaching staff assumed Booker would be able to break Holiday down off the dribble, and then he couldn't.
That’s crazy if they thought that. We’ve seen that “strategy” fail time and again - and against much worse defenders than Holiday.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awful game but a win is a win.

Booker was bad despite hitting his numbers. Ayton was huge tonight. Cam and Bridges hit some big shots.

Giannis traveled before the Bucks were granted the timeout, he flopped all night, thankfully the refs were not buying that crap.

I think we should've started Craig over Dario. Dario is either worn down or injured, hopefully Nader comes back soon to improve our depth.
We probably need to shorten the leash on Carter, if he's not hitting his first 3 shots then sub him out, I think Galloway can hustle just as much and spread the floor even more.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow really surprised the ref called that foul. Inconsistent from what I usually see at the end of games.

They were inconsistent and they made some bad calls but regardless of time remaining, IMO the refs usually do call fouls like that (where the defender hits the outside shooter's elbow).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose