Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals signed an often injured Watt, often injured AJ Green, often injured Alford; now people here want to sign often injured Gurely and often injured Clowney?

Jesus. you guys banking on this team to be successful?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

JJ played 16 games and over 1000 snaps last season and both Green and Alford come into this season healthy.

You can't predict injury.

* P.S. I'm not in favour of signing either Clowney or Gurley.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
JJ played 16 games and over 1000 snaps last season and both Green and Alford come into this season healthy.

You can't predict injury.

* P.S. I'm not in favour of signing either Clowney or Gurley.
There's a difference between flukey injuries and guys that have nagging injuries and recurring issues with the same injuries.

Watt has had multiple injuries in the same spot, like his back, and has had muscle tears in different areas all over his body, showing he is prone to them. Green has dealt with foot/toe/ankle ligament damage for multiple years, even before sitting out 2019. Both players have a 91% chance of reinjury. It's not like they had an awkward fall or got blindsided. You can have a reasonable predictor of injury especially as guys age and wear down.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a difference between flukey injuries and guys that have nagging injuries and recurring issues with the same injuries.

Watt has had multiple injuries in the same spot, like his back, and has had muscle tears in different areas all over his body, showing he is prone to them. Green has dealt with foot/toe/ankle ligament damage for multiple years, even before sitting out 2019. Both players have a 91% chance of reinjury. It's not like they had an awkward fall or got blindsided. You can have a reasonable predictor of injury especially as guys age and wear down.

Are you sure it isn't 90 or 92%?

We wouldn't want to mislead, would we?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't 90 or 92%?

We wouldn't want to mislead, would we?
Okay, per sportsinjurypredictor.com. Or do you think every injury Green and Watt have ever had are just flukes on two perfectly healthy guys?

Questioning your football knowledge if you're saying you can't predict injuries in guys who have missed dramatic amounts of time in the past 3 years.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, per sportsinjurypredictor.com. Or do you think every injury Green and Watt have ever had are just flukes on two perfectly healthy guys?

Questioning your football knowledge if you're saying you can't predict injuries in guys who have missed dramatic amounts of time in the past 3 years.

You seem to confuse prediction with some sort of certainty.

Every football, hockey player is prone to injury given the contact of the sport.

I know that JJ played 16 games and over 1000 snaps in 2020, and you can't possibly know how his health will turn out in 2021... but, of course, you can predict to your heart's delight.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You seem to confuse prediction with some sort of certainty.

Every football, hockey player is prone to injury given the contact of the sport.

I know that JJ played 16 games and over 1000 snaps in 2020, and you can't possibly know how his health will turn out in 2021... but, of course, you can predict to your heart's delight.
It's still silly to say you can't predict injury when evidence is clearly laid out that it's a repeating pattern. The human body breaks down, it's just reality. To not be mentally accounting for the possibility these guys might get hurt again when they have year after year is to be poorly prepared.

Reactions: PJ1

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's still silly to say you can't predict injury when evidence is clearly laid out that it's a repeating pattern. The human body breaks down, it's just reality. To not be mentally accounting for the possibility these guys might get hurt again when they have year after year is to be poorly prepared.

Start punching the keys on that Enigma machine between your ears and give us the odds on JJ, Green, Alford making it through camp and what percentage of the season they'll play, if they do.

Inquiring minds want to know?

Bottom line: they passed the physical before signing and the chance of injury is part of the vagaries of the sport; it's not written in the stars or found on a spread sheet.

And teams account for injury with backups.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start punching the keys on that Enigma machine between your ears and give us the odds on JJ, Green, Alford making it through camp and what percentage of the season they'll play, if they do.

Bottom line: they passed the physical before signing and the chance of injury is part of the vagaries of the sport; it's not written in the stars or found on a spread sheet.

so, this is really GuersneyCard right? I thought you quit in a huff over people daring to question the idea of the royals.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guersney’s last post was March 12 asking Shaggy to delete his account. Quebec’s first post was... March 13th.

Wow.... all over a royal beef huh lol wow

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to do. Take the past three years and get the percentage of games or snaps they did play, apply it to this season. Hell, if you think the odds of Alford even making the team should be better than 50/50, I don't know what to tell you.

Your backups become soon-to-be-starters when your team is old and made up of a MASH unit. Adding players like Clowney (who began this discussion) is just a likely way to ensure your backups are playing anyways. Again, if you really think all of these guys have just as high of a likelihood to play 17 games as say, Isiah Simmons, you're either being purposely obtuse or don't know football.

so, this is really GuersneyCard right? I thought you quit in a huff over people daring to question the idea of the royals.
lol that I didn't know.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to do. Take the past three years and get the percentage of games or snaps they did play, apply it to this season. Hell, if you think the odds of Alford even making the team should be better than 50/50, I don't know what to tell you.

Your backups become soon-to-be-starters when your team is old and made up of a MASH unit. Adding players like Clowney (who began this discussion) is just a likely way to ensure your backups are playing anyways. Again, if you really think all of these guys have just as high of a likelihood to play 17 games as say, Isiah Simmons, you're either being purposely obtuse or don't know football.

lol that I didn't know.

Obtuse is actually thinking this can simply be reduced to math.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Obtuse is actually thinking this can simply be reduced to math.
You're overly focused on the 91% number from earlier, and I already told you where that came from. There's a high chance one or multiple of these older, oft-injured players repeat history.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're overly focused on the 91% number from earlier, and I already told you where that came from. There's a high chance one or multiple of these older, oft-injured players repeat history.

Not saying it can't happen. Rather, it's not simply a statistical question.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not saying it can't happen. Rather, it's not simply a statistical question.
Okay, well I'm done circling this. Go back and read what you wrote because it basically dismisses that our old injured players are anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose