Georgia OLB Azeez Ojulari - Reddick replacement in Rd 1

OP
OP
P

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chandler Jones isn’t getting any younger and he’s in the last year of his contract.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Chandler Jones isn’t getting any younger and he’s in the last year of his contract.
Not to mention he’s coming off injury

I think folks are expecting more from Chan than he is gonna be able to deliver

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing like blowing your #1 pick on a backup OLB when your roster at CB and RB is among the worst in the league. Sounds like a Keim move to me.
Would still draft Azeez over a RB, but yea, can’t do that with the huge CB hole.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We have one CB under contract for next year, one RB (Eno Benjamin), 0 TEs, DHop and the useless Isabella and Johnson at WR. Plenty of more dire positions to deal with.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing like blowing your #1 pick on a backup OLB when your roster at CB and RB is among the worst in the league. Sounds like a Keim move to me.

I prefer CB in Rd#1, but he would be a situational pass rusher in 2021 and an investment in the future.

It has, as a choice, more value than a RB at #16 unless you're into fantasy as opposed to real football.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
assuming the top 15 goes the way most expect

there would be a rationale for taking him

the team could very well conclude that a year off from football + back surgery is too high a risk for Farley. I would understand that.

the move would be like drafting DJ Humphries

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I prefer CB in Rd#1, but he would be a situational pass rusher in 2021 and an investment in the future.

It has, as a choice, more value than a RB at #16 unless you're into fantasy as opposed to real football.
Okay, we'll see how many wins we get when the running game is weak and pathetic and the offense sputters as Kyler is having an off day or is a little hurt. I'm sure situational pass rushing will help us score points.

I'm never rooting for my team to lose, but it's hard not to want to see how shocked people are going to be when the run game isn't holding up its end of the bargain and we can't close out teams or rely on anything but hero ball from Kyler.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, we'll see how many wins we get when the running game is weak and pathetic and the offense sputters as Kyler is having an off day or is a little hurt. I'm sure situational pass rushing will help us score points.

I'm never rooting for my team to lose, but it's hard not to want to see how shocked people are going to be when the run game isn't holding up its end of the bargain and we can't close out teams or rely on anything but hero ball from Kyler.

If the O-line opens holes our running game will be fine and I'm "shocked" you fail to appreciate the relationship.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If the O-line opens holes our running game will be fine and I'm "shocked" you fail to appreciate the relationship.
Let's not pretend our O-line is the late 90s/early 2000s Broncos. We don't even know who is starting on the right side of the line yet, and we were willing to move on from Pugh to save money.

Edmonds has had a few good performances splitting carries but has been a non-factor when getting the opportunity to start. Benjamin and Ward are afterthoughts at best. A 5th round rookie or cooked veteran like a Gurley aren't going to have success either.

Talent at the RB position actually matters.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also, sort of a followup, I don't understand what leads people to act like we've been a successful team for the past five years and suddenly these things should come easy to us. We were 2nd to last in RB production last year, but lose our starter and upgrade at C and we're supposed to just be running at will with 7th round picks, undrafted rookies, and guys going in the late rounds of the draft?

Was anyone clamoring for Edmonds to be the starter over Drake last year? I don't remember it, and I was the most anti-Drake guy on the board.

I don't want to derail the OLB conversation here too much, but the optimism some of you show for this team in its current state makes me think we could go 3-14 and you guys would call it a couple of fluke losses.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmm I think people are perhaps overestimating our oline at this point. It wasn’t dominating last season. We added an excellent center but the rest of the line returns. Hudson alone does not make this the 90s cowboys offesnive line.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, sort of a followup, I don't understand what leads people to act like we've been a successful team for the past five years and suddenly these things should come easy to us. We were 2nd to last in RB production last year, but lose our starter and upgrade at C and we're supposed to just be running at will with 7th round picks, undrafted rookies, and guys going in the late rounds of the draft?

Was anyone clamoring for Edmonds to be the starter over Drake last year? I don't remember it, and I was the most anti-Drake guy on the board.

I don't want to derail the OLB conversation here too much, but the optimism some of you show for this team in its current state makes me think we could go 3-14 and you guys would call it a couple of fluke losses.
I know you’re newer to the darkside, but what you just described has been the koolaiders from time immemorial. For most teams the reality typically resides somewhere in the middle. Though for historically bad organizations it trends toward the darksiders views.

OP
OP
P

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to mention he’s coming off injury

I think folks are expecting more from Chan than he is gonna be able to deliver

Yes. Jones was having his worst season before the injury.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One step forward, two steps backs.
We should of just kept Reddick and then we wouldn’t have to waste a pick replacing him. We could draft a CB or BPA with our pick and help solidify our roster instead of filling holes.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's not pretend our O-line is the late 90s/early 2000s Broncos. We don't even know who is starting on the right side of the line yet, and we were willing to move on from Pugh to save money.

Edmonds has had a few good performances splitting carries but has been a non-factor when getting the opportunity to start. Benjamin and Ward are afterthoughts at best. A 5th round rookie or cooked veteran like a Gurley aren't going to have success either.

Talent at the RB position actually matters.

Let's not pretend that the Cole/Sweezy tandem wasn't absolutely horrible last season, and it's not a quantum leap to believe that our fortunes will improve with the envisaged changes. Talent matters and it can be had outside the first round.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One step forward, two steps backs.
We should of just kept Reddick and then we wouldn’t have to waste a pick replacing him. We could draft a CB or BPA with our pick and help solidify our roster instead of filling holes.
I’ve been watching a lot of game replays from last year. The only problem with Reddick is that he got run over more than I would like to see. In the system that Joseph runs, that position requires a more stout against the run type LB. That isn’t Reddick.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a lot of game replays from last year. The only problem with Reddick is that he got run over more than I would like to see. In the system that Joseph runs, that position requires a more stout against the run type LB. That isn’t Reddick.

Isnt golden either
Reddick can't disengage from blockers but once he is free he can pursuit the runner , same can't be said with Jones and golden, then u add the slow Hicks and I can see too many first downs allowed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave