Malcom Butler signed

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So it does preclude him from writing a post of goodbye to the fans and state?
Which is a nowdays tradition even for players who had just a short stint with the former team

Exactly!! Carson Wentz wrote a goodbye post and he was damn near strung up and quartered by this city the last 2 years here. PP has gotten nothing but love from the Cards fanbase, and he goes out like this? A little miffed though I wish him success.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP2 has never received the love that Fitz has, nor should he. I think he thinks he does deserve that same level. I hope Viking fans boo him as I'm sure he will not play well.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PP2 has never received the love that Fitz has, nor should he. I think he thinks he does deserve that same level. I hope Viking fans boo him as I'm sure he will not play well.

I don't think that's 100% fair. The seasons surrounding the All or Nothing documentary he was the face of the franchise and played like it too. He doesn't have the longevity of Fitz and his decline was abrupt, but he was Mr. Cardinal for a few seasons.

Pre-diabetes he was the best at his craft. He tried to find an unethical way to beat diabetes and got caught and is a shell of his former self and the Cardinals should have moved on when he got suspended because having to stay clean meant a very average to below average CB.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Malcolm Butler: “Kind of amazing” to play home games where I first became known
“I actually wasn’t really thinking about it like that,” Butler said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “A lot of people have just been mentioning it to me over and over, though and it is kind of crazy that I’ll be playing a lot of home games where I first became well known and made one of the best plays in Super Bowl history. It’s kind of amazing.”

While the stadium wasn’t a factor in his decision, Butler said that the presence of players like Budda Baker and DeAndre Hopkins helped convince him to join the NFC West squad’s pursuit of its own signature Super Bowl moment.
Malcolm Butler: “Kind of amazing” to play home games where I first became known (yahoo.com)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think that's 100% fair. The seasons surrounding the All or Nothing documentary he was the face of the franchise and played like it too. He doesn't have the longevity of Fitz and his decline was abrupt, but he was Mr. Cardinal for a few seasons.

Pre-diabetes he was the best at his craft. He tried to find an unethical way to beat diabetes and got caught and is a shell of his former self and the Cardinals should have moved on when he got suspended because having to stay clean meant a very average to below average CB.

You may be correct but he never was that for me.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's hilarious to watch people like Shannon Sharpe talk about Peterson like he is still an elite CB. Watching Peterson get abused on a number of occasions last year, just demonstrates how people like Sharpe don't actually watch the Cardinals at all.

Shannon Sharpe is an absolute moron. He is nothing but a foil to make Skip Bayless more appealing and he has no clue.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Pp is still pretty damn good, not what he once was, but damn good. He juiced - excuse all you want, but without it he declined. Still I like him, survived the trade demand bs

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Butler’s compensation for 2021 is $3.25 million fully guaranteed and includes a $2.175 million signing bonus. His base salary of $1.075 million is also guaranteed. By adding a voidable year in 2022, the signing bonus is prorated over two years and creates a cap charge of $2,162,500 for this year. That will produce dead money of $1,087,500 against the cap next year.

It turns out that Butler actually counts more against the Tennessee Titans cap this year than the Cardinals. When Butler’s contract was terminated on March 10, his $10.2 million salary for 2021 was removed from Tennessee’s books. However, there remains $4 million in dead money for the two years remaining of proration based on the $10 million signing bonus he received after signing with the Titans in 2018.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/more-cap-friendly-contracts-malcolm-butler

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Malcolm Butler excited about “everything” in Vance Joseph’s defense

The cornerback has said he feels like he can have his best season at age 31, after tying a career-high with four picks in 2020. If he’s to excel this year, it’ll be in defensive coordinator Vance Joseph’s scheme. Butler said in an interview with Lisa Matthews of the team’s website that “everything” about Joseph’s defense excites him.

“He seems like he knows how to call plays [for] situational football,” Butler said. “He knows that good football teams are led by the players, not by the coaches. And I like his scheme.

Butler also noted that playing alongside former Patriots teammate Chandler Jones and defensive lineman J.J. Watt were also factors in his decision to come to Arizona.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol i just saw this being busy watching suns

Very awesome depth can start asap and if he balls resign if not see ya

Hope cards finally got a physical corner.... fingers crossed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose