NBA Trade Deadline Thread 2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are reportedly interested in Aldridge in the buyout market.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No to LA.

Nance sounds promising for carter and stix, no pick should be sent over as well. BUT wasn't Nance out with injuries one time or another?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why would Miami be ahead of us. That Miami team I saw last night is going nowhere.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

aldridge in there to spell Ayton or take a little load off Dario would be potentially huge for this team. We’d be easily the deepest team in the league. I’m salivating over the possibility of nabbing him on the buyout market.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why would Miami be ahead of us. That Miami team I saw last night is going nowhere.

Add Lowry and Goran to it.

They did make the Finals last year. The Suns played an amazing game. Ayton is tough for what Jimmy and Bam like to do.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No reason not to add Aldridge in buyout market. Cut Frank again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aldridge in there to spell Ayton or take a little load off Dario would be potentially huge for this team. We’d be easily the deepest team in the league. I’m salivating over the possibility of nabbing him on the buyout market.

Aldridge would be a solid rotation player. Suns need more depth than Saric upfront.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eddie Johnson was joking last night about Heat fans claiming to have more culture in Miami.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add Lowry and Goran to it.

They did make the Finals last year. The Suns played an amazing game. Ayton is tough for what Jimmy and Bam like to do.

I thought Goran was involved in the discussions for Lowry. If they can get Lowry and keep Goran, they can be a darkhorse in the East again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No reason not to add Aldridge in buyout market. Cut Frank again.

would they even have to cut Frank to bring in Aldridge? If that's what needs to happen, i'm all for it and will thank Tank for his contributions this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson was joking last night about Heat fans claiming to have more culture in Miami.
Look I love Phoenix as a former Zonie, but there’s no comparison between Miami and Phoenix. The city, the beaches, Miami has a much more alive nightlife and more diverse population. Remove the humidity and I’d rank Miami ahead of SoCal, and I say that about nowhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look I love Phoenix as a former Zonie, but there’s no comparison between Miami and Phoenix. The city, the beaches, Miami has a much more alive nightlife and more diverse population. Remove the humidity and I’d rank Miami ahead of SoCal, and I say that about nowhere.

I think they were talking about basketball culture. The Celtics and Jazz have more basketball culture.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Would love Aldridge as a buyout guy. I see him as the third in a three big rotation.

I like the thought of nance, and even though he’s not tall, he’s not light in the loafers at 245, so likely can anchor defensively a bit better than most of our wings. But man that would be an army of short wings:

bridges 6’6
Cam 6’8
Crowder 6’6
Nader 6’5
Craig 6’7
Nance 6’7

there’s only 96 minutes between the two forward slots. That’s 16 mins per, divided evenly (which, of course, it wouldn’t be).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the problem with the buyout market. All the contenders are wanting a bargain.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they were talking about basketball culture. The Celtics and Jazz have more basketball culture.
Ah, well, when it comes to championships they have more. Wade/shaq and the lebrons. And Riley is considered basketball royalty. Arison is an influential owner and Spoelstra is widely regarded an very good established coach.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Here to say that there are no major trades that would help this team. We're #2 in the conference. We should be scouring the buyout market or maybe flip a couple of end-of-the-rotation players for a better player.

There may not be any major moves but I don't think they should stand pat because we are #2 in the conference. I "think" the last time we beat a team over 500 that wasn't missing a key starter was the 76er's 18 games ago.

Its been a great season, the team has played great but I have an uneasy feeling that the top teams, when healthy are going to steam roll us inside. Gordon would be a great addition.

Now, if Ayton continues to play like he did last night we are fine. But if the suns don't believe he will, we should be looking for an impact player

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, well, when it comes to championships they have more. Wade/shaq and the lebrons. And Riley is considered basketball royalty. Arison is an influential owner and Spoelstra is widely regarded an very good established coach.

I'm not buying into the culture thing... that they have more. I'm with Eddie on this. Other cities have just as much history on their side.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So if rumors ae correct:
Drummond - LAL or LAC
McGee - BKN
Aldridge - MIA

If PHX wants one of them, Jones is going to have to make a trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if rumors ae correct:
Drummond - LAL or LAC
McGee - BKN
Aldridge - MIA

If PHX wants one of them, Jones is going to have to make a trade.

I'm sure we want one of them but as a buyout only. A trade (multiple players out) would likely do far more harm than good.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Would love to get Collins from the Hawks. It's superteam time...... We could win the damn West IMO if we do this right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard