Cardinals : AJ green signed

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald had 107 receptions 1023 yards and 6 TDS. At 33 years old. If AJ can do that. I’ll take it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald had 107 receptions 1023 yards and 6 TDS. If AJ can do that. I’ll take it.

Larry Fitzgerald hadn't been dogged by injuries for four years prior to that, missing half of one season, the entirety of another season and then looking like warmed up dog crap after he returned.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I have to say is we better hope he was intentionally dogging it to get out of Cincy, otherwise the numbers say he is washed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did someone say he's a young 32 or did I dream that? Besides the fact that he'll be 33 when training camp starts, a guy with a litany of injuries to his legs over the last four years being a young 32 is one of the more out there things I've seen today.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
He looked pretty good to me in 2020 with a rookie quarterback and then more inexperienced quarterback play. Remember, he didn't even have a training camp and preseason games. He was also playing in a new system. I think he has plenty left in the tank!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He looked pretty good to me in 2020 with a rookie quarterback and then more inexperienced quarterback play. Remember, he didn't even have a training camp and preseason games. He was also playing in a new system. I think he has plenty left in the tank!
47-500-11.1. Other guys on the same team, with the same conditions, with close to the same targets, but who weren’t as hall of famey as AJ (in fact one was a rookie), blew him away in terms of production.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the moves that the Cards have made in free agency except this one. IMO there are better WR free agents out there that we could get at the same price or even less than AJ Green. I hope he proves me wrong.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Haven’t watched much of the Bengals at all over the years, and not fully up to speed on Green, but willing to give him a chance.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m probably alone on this but I would still would go iOL over WR. Factor K1’s size + athleticism to hesitate EDGEs, I think he needs iOL protection more than any other QB in the league.

A duo of either AVT/Asante Jr or Greg Newsome/Wyatt Davis would have me do backflips

But I’m not opposed to going WR. I get it.
At Kyler's size he needs the pocket clean more than any other QB to see the field. I love the Hudson signing & would love to have Creed Humphrey or Tucker. We also need to draft a good CB. Newsome or Horn would be the 2 most likely at #16.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a make or break signing. There's other WR's that would've made more sense. We'll find out soon enough. Maybe he just quit giving effort in Cincy & wanted out? I know he's injury prone but it's too late now, we can bitch & moan all day long & it doesn't matter cause he's ours now. Hope for the best. Maybe he gets us 800 yards & 7 TD's? Taller WR's can be a good thing for a shorter QB imo. If I were him, I would've wanted out of Cincy too. Maybe a change of scenery & playing with Hopkins will motivate him to show something is left in the tank?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This signing is really the biggest head scratcher for me. Big WR market. Not a lot of money for them. We spend a solid chunk on an old, busted dude who we’re all hoping quit on his last team.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This signing is really the biggest head scratcher for me. Big WR market. Not a lot of money for them. We spend a solid chunk on an old, busted dude who we’re all hoping quit on his last team.
I was hoping for Curtis Samuel but I think he ended up getting around 10.5 per year with Washington? It is what it is now, we can just hope that Green still has something left? Maybe we end up finding a good WR in the draft? Keim sucks at drafting so probably not lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fake News?

You must be registered for see images attach

How? His aDot is a full 2.2 yards more than anyone.

Here's a Bengals fan breaking down AJ Green early in the season and how many bad deep passes he had.

I think it's clear AJ wasn't happy in Cinci before the season which was made worse by having to suffer through going untargeted or being missed by 4 yards.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So actually considering the age and the future holes in the roster we must to draft

WR
CB
OLB
RB
And this class of linemen is too to pass

Trading down and add a couple if picks more

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mind the Green signing, but man I'd rather have has Curtis Samuel for $11.5m per. That's Fitz money. He's 24. Tonnes of upside.

In a year or 2 he will be WR1 quality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave