Free Agency Rumors

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wasn't necessarily trying to criticize, but can you name one successful team making it work at RB with a stable full of essentially undrafted guys?

The closest I can think of is James Robinson (still a 7th) from JAX, but I'm just not buying the complete lack of importance at the position you seem to be selling, especially on this team. If finding any running back anywhere in UDFA is so easy, why haven't we been able to do it?

I know PFF is no gospel, but even for the best OLs in the game, they don't have undrafted rookies back there and thriving. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings
People around here really forget the super lean RB years where we were praying a jJ Arrington or leeland mcelroy would work out. We have known bleak rob years. They weren’t pretty.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still think Dre was a decent last minute pickup by Keim. He had his share of idiotic penalties, but I still think he played with a greater sense of urgency than Peterson did. Obviously though, I wouldn’t break the bank to keep him.
I agree. He was a passable bandaid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah bro, how TF do you think you deserve a pay day? Like come on.
It’s like he doesn’t realize that he ended up playing for us for that coin bc no one else wanted him for more . . . and he’s a year older. The lack of self-assessment with pro athletes really makes me shake my head.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People around here really forget the super lean RB years where we were praying a jJ Arrington or leeland mcelroy would work out. We have known bleak rob years. They weren’t pretty.

Javonte Williams round 2.

I want a smash mouth back to balance the pretty boy offense.

Reactions: PJ1

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Javonte Williams round 2.

I want a smash mouth back to balance the pretty boy offense.
Only if we go Vera-Tucker or iOL in the first round.

But then again, that gaping hole at CB would have to be filled with a 3rd round CB.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only if we go Vera-Tucker or iOL in the first round.

But then again, that gaping hole at CB would have to be filled with a 3rd round CB.
Have to fill two of following spots with free agency:
IOL
CB
WR
RB

I think rb has greatest impact as a rookie. My ideal offseason is we fill IOL and CB with free agency, go BPA/trade down with 1st rounder, and get a RB and WR somewhere in first three rounds of draft.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IOL
CB
WR
RB

I think rb has greatest impact as a rookie. My ideal offseason is we fill IOL and CB with free agency, go BPA/trade down with 1st rounder, and get a RB and WR somewhere in first three rounds of draft.
I would love trade down in the first and adding another cb or Og/c in the third round
Asante Samuel Jr or Meinerz who is a nasty blocker, two guys u think they can contribute immediately

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IOL
CB
WR
RB

My dream scenario is signing Corey Lindsey while drafting Vera-Tucker. iOL goes from weakness to immediate strength. Asante Samuel Jr in the 2nd. I might be the only one here, but I think a TE would help Kyler more before another WR. Arnold isn’t consistent enough(& he’s a FA) while Maxx has durability problems. Tommy Tremble & Hunter Long are my targets in the 3rd.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carson wouldn't be a terrible compliment to Edmonds. They definitely are missing someone who can make the first man miss and break tackles. One reason I feel that Javonte Williams will be a real option for them if he is available in round 2.
Ideally, we could use a 220 lb bruiser who can pick up tough yards , hang onto the ball and keep rushers off Murray. More and more, it looks as though KK is most successful when he can draw from a wide assortment of weapons he can use to exploit mismatches.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fix the other solutions first.

RB is an issue and it isn't going to fix itself. So how do you fix it for this season? Merely addressing the IOL isn't going to get you a solid back. I mean, if we were the Jags, we could try to go that nickel-and-dime route, but we're supposed to be "contenders." We need SOMETHING at the position.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling Najee Harris is in play for the Cards at 16.

I don’t think they use FA money on the RB position and allocate it elsewhere.

I don’t know if I’d like that plan or not. Harris would be a good fit but...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Fix the other solutions first.
I'm still interested in BritCards' solution.

RB is an issue and it isn't going to fix itself. So how do you fix it for this season? Merely addressing the IOL isn't going to get you a solid back. I mean, if we were the Jags, we could try to go that nickel-and-dime route, but we're supposed to be "contenders." We need SOMETHING at the position.
This. I want to fix the IOL as much as the next guy, but Edmonds has struggled with staying on the field, and you don't prop up a young QB by forcing him to be the only chance for us to put up points.

One way or the other, I think the Cardinals will add something though, I just don't know what.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still interested in BritCards' solution.

This. I want to fix the IOL as much as the next guy, but Edmonds has struggled with staying on the field, and you don't prop up a young QB by forcing him to be the only chance for us to put up points.

One way or the other, I think the Cardinals will add something though, I just don't know what.

The solution is having the best offensive line possible
Then u can add a cheap rb in free agency and a fifth round pick
Using an early pick for a rb with the holes we have in the roster is a no sense

Stout

Reaction score

I'm not saying we should use an early pick on a RB, but I KNOW I don't want us standing pat with what we have and crossing our fingers on a late-round pick. FA is always littered with cheap and decent options. Sign one of those, and then draft one late, and I'll be happy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There's a lot of runway to go until the draft. If we have plugged those holes semi-adequately in free agency, you can leave it open to take an RB higher.

We have to consider that at #16 or #49, there may not be a great option to fill one of our holes, but rather a BPA running back that could help make this offense dynamic for years in tandem with Kyler.

Honestly, this was one of my biggest concerns last year during the draft... our RB room looks pretty pathetic right now. I think a lot of people will be very unhappily surprised if we don't upgrade.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a lot of runway to go until the draft. If we have plugged those holes semi-adequately in free agency, you can leave it open to take an RB higher.

We have to consider that at #16 or #49, there may not be a great option to fill one of our holes, but rather a BPA running back that could help make this offense dynamic for years in tandem with Kyler.

Honestly, this was one of my biggest concerns last year during the draft... our RB room looks pretty pathetic right now. I think a lot of people will be very unhappily surprised if we don't upgrade.
Free agency starts in 9 days
If we are with that rb room in July I'm agree with u

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earliest to go would be Round 5.

RB is a issue, I didn’t deny that, but it’s so far behind way more important issues like iOL, CB, WR, & possibly EDGE if Reddicks leaves that I just can’t bring myself to actually go hard for a RB. If we go RB round 5, I think I might be fine with that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You mean the first 2-3 years before most likely falling off? When that position could have been a CB or C contributor for 5+ years instead? I know Cowboys fans regret drafting Zeke over Ramsey.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trey Sermon
Kylin Hill
Rhamondre Stevenson
Larry Roundtree
Demetric Felton
Elijah Mitchell

One of these guys will fall in the fifth round

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Earliest to go would be Round 5.

RB is a issue, I didn’t deny that, but it’s so far behind way more important issues like iOL, CB, WR, & possibly EDGE if Reddicks leaves that I just can’t bring myself to actually go hard for a RB. If we go RB round 5, I think I might be fine with that.

AND sign a FA.