Free Agency Rumors

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Man, I didn’t say it lacked importance, but compared to damn near every other position on the field, it certainly comes last. Especially when you look at how many needs at way more valuable positions we have. I don’t like the thought of drafting JaVonte Williams in the 2nd round only to see his production go down after his 3rd season due to his violent running style. Meanwhile, that 2nd round pick could have been used on a CB or WR that will be productive for 5+. I honestly think Kyler would benefit more from a good TE than a good RB.
The only way that I am going to push back on this is there could be an argument to be made that because of our bad draft history and roster needs, we need to focus on drafting players who stick, regardless of position.

That's it. All I can mount in terms of a "devil's advocate" argument.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OBJ & Hunt for our 2nd. Maybe a 3rd and 5th.

Of course you do that deal, because there is no possibly way you are getting the production out of a 2nd round pick that we would get out of those two over the next 2 years. Make no mistake, this would be an all-in, win in the next 2 years move....but I'm ok with that.

Id rather go all in over the next 2 years, and then completely blow it up then just be mediocre and blow it up anyway. Keim knows if he doesn't make up a contender hes done.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No on OBJ. Rather get someone not coming off an ACL and a diva.

Reactions: PJ1

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Years ago, the Broncos blocking scheme turned every running back into a 1000+ yarder.
And we can't turn the 5th highest paid RB in the league into a 1,000 yard rusher. I just lack that kind of optimism.

Man, I didn’t say it lacked importance, but compared to damn near every other position on the field, it certainly comes last. Especially when you look at how many needs at way more valuable positions we have. I don’t like the thought of drafting JaVonte Williams in the 2nd round only to see his production go down after his 3rd season due to his violent running style. Meanwhile, that 2nd round pick could have been used on a CB or WR that will be productive for 5+. I honestly think Kyler would benefit more from a good TE than a good RB.
I just like to think a good RB would take a lot of pressure off of Kyler to play hero ball, but I can respect your perspective.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A good OL will take a lot of pressure off Kyler
Undoubtedly. Doesn't mean you can't improve the OL and invest a high/mid round pick, or moderate FA contract on an RB so you don't have to count on an undersized guy who has never carried the load lasting all year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does the latest info about JJ's salary cap impact free up dollars for another blue chip signing?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could we afford Fournette?
Probably? But he's been known to have attitude problems with the Jags and last season he only showed up once his team got to the playoffs. The Bucs overcame a lot of adversity last season and Fournette did not play a role in overcoming that adversity. Don't want. We need a bell cow, not a finisher.

I watched a few of their November games and he looked so bad.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why San Fran? They have like 5 good backs.

Tevin Coleman and McKinnon are FA.

They still have Mostert, Hasty and Wilson though who have all shown talent and with their limited cap it would surprise me too.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We all are our biggest cheerleaders.

I guess Dre can point to a number of games that he made some big plays.

The argument is obviously "Whats he supposed to dsay? Im middling, pay me thusly."??? Cant fault a guy for trying. Fake it til you make it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Dre was a decent last minute pickup by Keim. He had his share of idiotic penalties, but I still think he played with a greater sense of urgency than Peterson did. Obviously though, I wouldn’t break the bank to keep him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson