2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns should not only fill their 15th roster spot but take advantage of expanding rule changes and add another two-way player.

I guessing the Suns are looking at waived players for the 15th spot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns should not only fill their 15th roster spot but take advantage of expanding rule changes and add another two-way player.

I guessing the Suns are looking at waived players for the 15th spot.

This only makes sense with injuries and covid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA COVID-19 update.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Literally, the best player in NBA history

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake Griffin might be bought out. Also a number of teams are showing interest in P.J. Tucker.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Remember when folks thought Ayton would be as good as Embiid?

30 PPG
12 RPG
3 APG
52/42/85 (nearly 12 FTA per game)

#2 PER
#2 win shares
#2 WS/48
#2 RPM
#6 VORP

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

30 PPG
12 RPG
3 APG

#2 PER
#2 win shares
#2 WS/48
#2 RPM
#6 VORP

No matter how absurd the subject there are always people that push the crazy side of the issue but was there really a sizable group of people claiming he'd be just as good? I know I heard some people compare him to Embiid when talking about DA's potential but I can't recall anyone insisting he'd be just as good.

Regardless, and acknowledging that Embiid is far more impactful right now, if we had the chance to swap players, I don't believe I'd do it. DA, for me, has more value going forward. Unless we think our window is this year and this year only, I'd stay with the guy who is less likely to lose serious time to injury.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

30 PPG
12 RPG
3 APG

#2 PER
#2 win shares
#2 WS/48
#2 RPM
#6 VORP
As good as embiid has been, he’s playing outta this universe this season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No matter how absurd the subject there are always people that push the crazy side of the issue but was there really a sizable group of people claiming he'd be just as good? I know I heard some people compare him to Embiid when talking about DA's potential but I can't recall anyone insisting he'd be just as good.

Regardless, and acknowledging that Embiid is far more impactful right now, if we had the chance to swap players, I don't believe I'd do it. DA, for me, has more value going forward. Unless we think our window is this year and this year only, I'd stay with the guy who is less likely to lose serious time to injury.

Probably not. It was unnecessary to include Ayton in that post.

And yes if we made that swap we’d probably be title favorites. I think we discussed it maybe two years ago when he was suspended and Philly was floundering a bit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not. It was unnecessary to include Ayton in that post.

And yes if we made that swap we’d probably be title favorites. I think we discussed it maybe two years ago when he was suspended and Philly was floundering a bit.

My feelings on Embiid haven't changed, the guy is incredible. But If it were up to me we'd never again gamble on a high injury risk (other than short term acquisitions). It worked out with Grant Hill but we've fallen flat on our face several times because of it. And with Sarver as our owner (as opposed to one of the truly wealthy owners), I think it's in our interests to be even more cautious.

Embiid has already risen further than I thought his injuries would allow but he's still a huge risk. I'd love him if he were on our team already but I wouldn't pay the price to acquire him (Ayton and multiple picks to start the conversation).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My feelings on Embiid haven't changed, the guy is incredible. But If it were up to me we'd never again gamble on a high injury risk (other than short term acquisitions). It worked out with Grant Hill but we've fallen flat on our face several times because of it. And with Sarver as our owner (as opposed to one of the truly wealthy owners), I think it's in our interests to be even more cautious.

Embiid has already risen further than I thought his injuries would allow but he's still a huge risk. I'd love him if he were on our team already but I wouldn't pay the price to acquire him (Ayton and multiple picks to start the conversation).

James Jones essentially put the Suns first round draft picks in a lock box with the protection he put on the 2022 traded first round pick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

30 PPG
12 RPG
3 APG

#2 PER
#2 win shares
#2 WS/48
#2 RPM
#6 VORP
I don't recall that anyone thought he would be good. I do recall saying that if Ayton wants to watch a certain player and emulate them to be great, then that player is Embiid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are considered the favorites to land Blake Griffin.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
The Nets are considered the favorites to land Blake Griffin.

I'm not sure what value Griffin brings to the table anymore. Mostly he just camps out at the 3-pt line and hoists them up at a sub-standard 31.5%

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what value Griffin brings to the table anymore. Mostly he just camps out at the 3-pt line and hoists them up at a sub-standard 31.5%

Griffin would mostly give the Nets big man depth and play a role. He can rebound if he wants too and give the Nets another inside presence. They don't have a lot of quality depth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson