Suns @ Lakers Tuesday game thread 3-2-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Suns wrap up their three game road trip at the Los Angeles Lakers in a game that will draw a lot of national attention.

They then return home to play the Warriors on Thursday before the NBA All-Star break.

Lakers are 24-11 after winning their last two games over the Trail Blazers and Warriors. However, they are only 5-5 in their last ten games.

Anthony Davis will not be back until sometime after the All-Star game.

Suns are 22-11 with wins over the Bulls and Timberwolves in their last two games. They are 8-2 in their last ten games.

The game will be televised on TNT.

Start time is listed at 8 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric is again listed as QUESTIONABLE for the game but he played against the Timberwolves with this designation.

Lebron James and Kyle Kuzma are listed as probable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY excited to see how we play in this game. Bright lights, Bug City game!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the West playoff race: Jazz lost to the Pelicans, Spurs lost to Nets in OT. Nuggets beat Bulls.

Trail Blazers are tied with Charlotte at halftime.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Anthony Davis were playing so this could be a true measuring stick with type of game. It won't be an easy win without him but the Suns match up a lot better without his involvement. Should be a good game and its nationally televised so I hope the Suns come ready to play.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is Lebron shooting free throws yet? How 'bout now? I can already hear him crying about a missed call.

Didn’t Stern create a no-whining rule like 10 years ago where you’d get T’d up for complaining? I wish they’d go back to a zero tolerance rule. I’d be a rough transition at first but the players would be forced to adapt if the officials stayed strong. It’s so out of hand.

I watched all those rewatchables that Simmons did during the Last Dance and it’s amazing how much respect players had for the refs. They let them play and nobody complained.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Stern create a no-whining rule like 10 years ago where you’d get T’d up for complaining? I wish they’d go back to a zero tolerance rule. I’d be a rough transition at first but the players would be forced to adapt if the officials stayed strong. It’s so out of hand.

I watched all those rewatchables that Simmons did during the Last Dance and it’s amazing how much respect players had for the refs. They let them play and nobody complained.

Yeah, like the attempt to curtail flopping, it died a quick death. I'm not positive but I don't believe they officially changed their position, they just don't pay much attention to it anymore.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, like the attempt to curtail flopping, it died a quick death. I'm not positive but I don't believe they officially changed their position, they just don't pay much attention to it anymore.

I remember that. Officials started calling A LOT of technicals and it lead to players being pissed. There was some sort of meeting between the players union and the commish where the players got the refs to back off some. By the following season it was forgotten altogether. I want to say it was Stern's last year. I could be wrong on the timing.

Found this from ESPN.

ESPN.com/nba/news/story?id=5609817

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's shock the world and w this one suns

Looking for huge gms from ayton booker

Rise up suns!!

Yes, winning tonight would be a shocker but the Suns need a win to make a statement.

If the Suns are going to make noise in the playoffs they need to rise up for the big games.

The Warriors game before the All-Star break will not be an easy game either.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, winning tonight would be a shocker but the Suns need a win to make a statement.

If the Suns are going to make noise in the playoffs they need to rise up for the big games.

The Warriors game before the All-Star break will not be an easy game either.
Yup hoping suns get atleast 1 w out of these 2... Don't want a 2 gm lose streak before break....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup hoping suns get atleast 1 w out of these 2... Don't want a 2 gm lose streak before break....

If the Suns want to be one of the top four teams in the West they need to play like it. Playoff teams are starting to close ranks. Suns need to show they belong and bring it every game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns want to be one of the top four teams in the West they need to play like it. Playoff teams are starting to close ranks. Suns need to show they belong and bring it every game.
Yup soooo tru to try also get use to playoff scenarios

Just curious do people from this forum ever do meet up at suns gms that be fun!!! I know cards fans on this board tailgate sometimes

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Come on, we were 12-3 in February and the Lakers are missing Anthony Davis. If we win, it won't be a shocker. It will be a good win against a good team, like a handful of other wins we've had in the last month. If they had Anthony Davis, then yes, you could put this in the "shocker" category. But they don't.

Give the Suns some credit. They are among the best in the league at this point, alongside the Lakers. Not beneath them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup soooo tru to try also get use to playoff scenarios

Just curious do people from this forum ever do meet up at suns gms that be fun!!! I know cards fans on this board tailgate sometimes

I live outside the Valley but occasionally I read about posters attending a game. This would be a great opportunity to meet up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on, we were 12-3 in February and the Lakers are missing Anthony Davis. If we win, it won't be a shocker. It will be a good win against a good team, like a handful of other wins we've had in the last month. If they had Anthony Davis, then yes, you could put this in the "shocker" category. But they don't.

Give the Suns some credit. They are among the best in the league at this point, alongside the Lakers. Not beneath them.

I really feel like the Suns should win this game, but it's going to come down to how we are shooting the 3 again I think.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I really feel like the Suns should win this game, but it's going to come down to how we are shooting the 3 again I think.
We certainly can't win if we get into another 3 quarter hole and expect to climb out in the 4th. The Lakers won't let us do that.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I live outside the Valley but occasionally I read about posters attending a game. This would be a great opportunity to meet up.
Yea someone should post a meet up thread on suns forum be cool put faces with names

I'm in mesa az hoping suns gms bit more relaxed next yr covid wise

I try to go to several gms a yr depending on work schedule

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am reluctant on this one. We usually have a bad game on TNT, and we face LeBron. I hope I am wrong!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I agree. Even with Davis I wouldn’t put it down as a “shocker” anymore. Would I expect it? No. But it shouldn’t be a shock for this team to beat anyone. Now beating them in a 7 game series is another thing completely. That would shock me. But a single regular season game? Nah.