Suns @ Lakers Tuesday game thread 3-2-2021

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish Anthony Davis were playing so this could be a true measuring stick with type of game. It won't be an easy win without him but the Suns match up a lot better without his involvement. Should be a good game and its nationally televised so I hope the Suns come ready to play.

LA are -1.5, so no it won’t be an easy win. It would be a slight surprise if we win.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I honestly don't think it's a surprise when the Suns beat anyone. They are a real, solid NBA team. All it takes is for one of the wings and one backup guard to have a good game while Booker, Paul, and to a lesser degree Ayton do what they do. If two of the three wings have good shooting night, the Suns are hard to beat. AD or no AD, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns win. Sadly, I am no longer surprised when they lose a random game either.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After we beat Milwaukee and Philly back to back it’s pretty clear we can beat anyone. Beat the Jazz by 11, too.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LA has a really good defense, but I think Booker and Paul should be able to get to their spots and shoot over Gasol/Trez. LA Does a good job of preventing 3s and guarding the line. They are elite at protecting the paint and not fouling. Really unusual to be so good at all of these components.

But, the Suns have the weapon to combat this: elite mid range shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need Jae Crowder to get back on track tonight. He was scoreless against the Wolves and only scored 3 points against the Bulls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a game Ayton should make a major impact. It’s a bright lights National TV game against the defending champs so he should be motivated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Montrezl Harrell will be a tough match up for anyone that guards him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a game Ayton should make a major impact. It’s a bright lights National TV game against the defending champs so he should be motivated.
Yup. He should go off. But what he should do and what he does do are often unrelated.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Very interesting with Gasol out.

Ayton should absolutely take Trez now and probably should minute match him.

Brings Jae into fold as a starter to match up with LBJ to start.

Lakers are going to go small and have Kieff/Kuz as the nominal 5. Really glad that Dario won’t have to deal with Trez too much, he just doesn’t have the length to bother him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. He should go off. But what he should do and what he does do are often unrelated.

He should just play his game, let the offense come to him, get near the rim if he can, set good screens, roll hard, create space for our all star guards, and defend hard without fouling.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After we beat Milwaukee and Philly back to back it’s pretty clear we can beat anyone. Beat the Jazz by 11, too.

Honestly, The team that scares me the most - by far - is the Nets.

I feel like the Suns can beat anyone in a series other than maybe the Lakers, and for sure I feel like the Nets would kill us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I cannot believe the Lakers were quick to pick up Damien Jones. The guy keeps getting NBA jobs based on potential I guess.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly, The team that scares me the most - by far - is the Nets.

I feel like the Suns can beat anyone in a series other than maybe the Lakers, and for sure I feel like the Nets would kill us.

Agree.

Nets
Lakers
Clippers
Utah

are in order who I fear most

nobody else is that scary

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Lakers were quick to pick up Damien Jones. The guy keeps getting NBA jobs based on potential I guess.

He's got 2 rings from his time with the Warriors. Dude has a resume that far exceeds his ability and contributions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Montrezl Harrell will start at center for Lakers so he could be a handful for Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Montrezl Harrell will start at center for Lakers so he could be a handful for Ayton.

It will be interesting to see if Ayton allows him to him or Ayton uses his quickness to win that battle.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrell reminds me of a scoring version of Bo Outlaw. He's undersized at 6'7" but has a motor that doesn't quit and is willing to mix it up inside.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose