That Kyler Murray kid

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have seen some character shots tossed at him.

Plenty.

He is a kid. I think some fail to realize that they were knuckleheads at 23 or 24. Murray probably plays too many video games, but would you rather he plays video games, or is a hardcore clubber like many pro athletes?

He also gets attacked because he is an introvert and he visibly shows his disgust when he loses. You remember the fallout from Derek Anderson laughing on the sideline when the Cardinals were getting their butts kicked? Murray doesn't do that, and I'm actually pleased that he takes the losses like WE do.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plenty.

He is a kid. I think some fail to realize that they were knuckleheads at 23 or 24. Murray probably plays too many video games, but would you rather he plays video games, or is a hardcore clubber like many pro athletes?

He also gets attacked because he is an introvert and he visibly shows his disgust when he loses. You remember the fallout from Derek Anderson laughing on the sideline when the Cardinals were getting their butts kicked? Murray doesn't do that, and I'm actually pleased that he takes the losses like WE do.

Some people can always find a reason to complain

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have seen some character shots tossed at him.
I can still question his football character without it being a judgement on his real character. Hell, everyone I work with knows I'm not going the extra mile at work and staying in the office late and over the weekend, but they also know I'll be there for them in a time of need and never snap on anyone, maintaining a positive attitude and being a friend both in and out of the workplace.

I think everyone here would say they have no problem with Kyler Murray the man. Kyler Murray the quarterback has some growth left.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can still question his football character without it being a judgement on his real character. Hell, everyone I work with knows I'm not going the extra mile at work and staying in the office late and over the weekend, but they also know I'll be there for them in a time of need and never snap on anyone, maintaining a positive attitude and being a friend both in and out of the workplace.

I think everyone here would say they have no problem with Kyler Murray the man. Kyler Murray the quarterback has some growth left.

I agree with the basic premise, but there are quite a few people who seem to be more concerned with being right on their initial analysis on Murray and take every possible shred of evidence to attack the kid.

Kyler Murray isn't one of the Cardinals problems. He could play better at times, but his shortfalls would be much smaller if the defense played better, or the running game was more effective, or the kicker didn't miss clutch kicks.

He is literally coming off of a top 3 Cardinals Quarterback season all time. I say this because he scored 37 TDs....that's easily right up there with Palmer and Warner.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I agree with the basic premise, but there are quite a few people who seem to be more concerned with being right on their initial analysis on Murray and take every possible shred of evidence to attack the kid.

Kyler Murray isn't one of the Cardinals problems. He could play better at times, but his shortfalls would be much smaller if the defense played better, or the running game was more effective, or the kicker didn't miss clutch kicks.

He is literally coming off of a top 3 Cardinals Quarterback season all time. I say this because he scored 37 TDs....that's easily right up there with Palmer and Warner.
I'll agree with everything past the first part about looking for reasons to attack him, I think it's just a big symptom of many's battered fan syndrome to question if we've struck gold or struck copper.

He's already basically the best young QB we've ever had, at least since the move to AZ. But lots of us are going to fear he's just a stat monster until we start making the playoffs regularly.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What I want to know is if he was talking to the people serving the meals and not pouting on the sidelines. I base all my opinions on his facial expressions

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on here has ever accused Kyler Murray of being a bad human being.

Good on him for helping his community.

Certainly not to the extent calling someone him a bad human. Nothing wrong with questioning a player’s leadership ability when it gets brought up on 98.7. Some folks get defensive.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, cool - politics on the Cards' board. :rolleyes:

Is helping your state in times of need political? I am sure many people fled to Mexico rather than tough it out and help people. They might have fled by cruise or airplane. Who knows

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with everything past the first part about looking for reasons to attack him, I think it's just a big symptom of many's battered fan syndrome to question if we've struck gold or struck copper.

He's already basically the best young QB we've ever had, at least since the move to AZ. But lots of us are going to fear he's just a stat monster until we start making the playoffs regularly.
Take a look at Deshaun Watson. He hasn’t won crap. Should he be in the class of stat monster?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Take a look at Deshaun Watson. He hasn’t won crap. Should he be in the class of stat monster?
2018 - playoffs. 11 wins.
2019 - playoffs. 10 wins.

How is that "hasn't won crap?" His rookie year with a torn ACL shouldn't count, and last year wasn't his fault. That team self-destructed.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 - playoffs. 11 wins.
2019 - playoffs. 10 wins.

How is that "hasn't won crap?" His rookie year with a torn ACL shouldn't count, and last year wasn't his fault. That team self-destructed.
Last year great stats, team stunk. Can’t knock Kyler until he has a full ensemble.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose