Suns @ Mavericks Monday game thread 2-1-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker with nice elevation on his shot for the win.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great to have Booker back and Nader back on the bench. It's key for us to stay healthy so we don't have to get to the end of our bench, really weak there.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm going to say it, even with DAs inconsistency I'm glad we got him over Doncic. Guy is overrated. Maybe covid has just made me hate everyone in the west, but he just seems essentially worthless

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it, even with DAs inconsistency I'm glad we got him over Doncic. Guy is overrated. Maybe covid has just made me hate everyone in the west, but he just seems essentially worthless

uh... no. He’s just got a really poorly constructed team around him. That team is Cavs-esque during LeBron’s first run there.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
uh... no. He’s just got a really poorly constructed team around him. That team is Cavs-esque during LeBron’s first run there.
He's just the euro James harden to me. Or Westbrook. But I think he'll be a lot of noise but won't have much to show for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's just the euro James harden to me.

that’s a HOF level player. I also think he’s a much better passer than Harden. And he’s only 20.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dough Boy has the most punchable face in the NBA.

TJ

Reaction score
He's just the euro James harden to me. Or Westbrook. But I think he'll be a lot of noise but won't have much to show for it.

If what I’ve heard about Doncic’s extra curriculars is true, that’s not the only commonality he shares with Harden

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Ok. I've reserved the right to say this. I haven't said it this season I don't think.

The officiating sucked tonight.

The no call on Luka's behind the back carry...
The call on Langston who stood still while Luka elbowed one of the hairs on his head...
The call on Ayton when Luka lost the ball on DA's great D and went head first into him...
The offensive fouls on Book when they refuse to call the Defensive holding on him going around screens...
The fact that Dallas got twice as many FT's on a ton of questionable calls...

Glad to see the Suns can beat a good team with trrrible officiating.

Awful awful game by the officials.

TJ

Reaction score
Ok. I've reserved the right to say this. I haven't said it this season I don't think.

The call on Langston who stood still while Luka elbowed one of the hairs on his head...
The call on Ayton when Luka lost the ball on DA's great D and went head first into him...
The offensive fouls on Book when they refuse to call the Defensive holding on him going around screens...

Sadly, the Mavs can’t take advantage of lopsided officiating. They are not a good team

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I really try not to succumb to yelling about the refs, and I am fully cognizant that we will usually have FT disparity bc we don’t drive the hoop, but yeah tonight was a really poorly officiated game for the suns. I really don’t like the treatment doncic already gets. Is Lebron-esque.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think Doncic is starting to look normal.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Doncic is starting to look normal.
Teams are getting used to his game. He is going to get numbers but his overall effectiveness is limited.

he is a horrible defender. The entire Dallas team is. There is no way CP3 should have that much specs to shoot in the midrange.

Ayton’s game is under appreciated here. His d is still solid and his rebounding is stellar.

btw Ouchie, just a minor point but Rodman was a natural rebounder. He just had a knack for knowing where to be. He didn’t block out much.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Teams are getting used to his game. He is going to get numbers but his overall effectiveness is limited.

he is a horrible defender. The entire Dallas team is. There is no way CP3 should have that much specs to shoot in the midrange.

Ayton’s game is under appreciated here. His d is still solid and his rebounding is stellar.

btw Ouchie, just a minor point but Rodman was a natural rebounder. He just had a knack for knowing where to be. He didn’t block out much.

Meh on Ayton. Honestly he's a waste of height because he could completely dominate the game if he had it in him.

TJ

Reaction score
Meh on Ayton. Honestly he's a waste of height because he could completely dominate the game if he had it in him.
We’re past the “if he had it in him” talk. Dude doesn’t gobble up rebounds and defend his ass off if he “didn’t have it in him.” The chief complaint is offensive mechanics, which to me are more surprising than his meteoric rise on defense. Confident he’ll figure that out because that was his bread and butter in high school and college, not his defense

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton had numerous stops on Doncic this game while the Suns played Mikal on Porzingis (quite effectively) a lot of the time.

If I was a Dallas fan, that would embarrass me.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll probably qualify my position on players as I get back into the groove of watching the NBA, but every time I watch Ayton go, I feel like he's growing. We argue on other sections of the board about how our #1 pick needs to develop... but I'm feeling hopeful when I watch him play D.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave