Cardinal History

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It’s unbelievable how inept our franchise was back then. We traded a very good WR for a backup QB, who never took a snap for us. Michael is a pretty poor owner & yet he’s 1000x better than his father was.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s unbelievable how inept our franchise was back then. We traded a very good WR for a backup QB, who never took a snap for us. Michael is a pretty poor owner & yet he’s 1000x better than his father was.

If you read the whole article the real truth is in there. The Cards didn't think he was crazy, or underrate him, his name was Bobby Moore, then he changed it to Ahmad Rashad. Bidwill didn't like having a guy convert to Islam so he traded him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you read the whole article the real truth is in there. The Cards didn't think he was crazy, or underrate him, his name was Bobby Moore, then he changed it to Ahmad Rashad. Bidwill didn't like having a guy convert to Islam so he traded him.
That doesn't surprise me a bit. Old man Bidwill ranks right up there as one of the worst owners in ANY sport in history. I earlier said Rashad was very good. Let me correct myself. Rashad was great! I'll always remember his 98 yard pass from Hart when they dragged him down at the 1. It may still be the longest NON TD play from scrimmage in NFL history.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember this play well. Pretty sure it was 1974. People forget that 1973 was Coryell’s first season with us and we were 4-9-1. Even when we started off hot in 1974, it wasn’t until we beat the Cowboys that I felt this team was legit. And that single play made me believe this team had the intestinal fortitude to actually win the NFC East.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good catch there.
Yes, that Al Cowlings. But not the same Mike McCoy who was part of the disastrous 2018 Cards campaign. Also of note, the Browns pick of Mike Phipps was their “reward” for shipping HOF stud WR Paul Warfield to the Dolphins that offseason.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Surely, the WORST of many horrible decisions made by Bill Bidwill. Arguably, not only the worst owner ever in NFL history, but he ranks right up there as one of the worst owners in all of sports history. Many would say that Bill Bidwill was too cheap to win. The sad reality is that, when the Bidwill family was awarded this franchise, they never had the financial resources to ever be a consistent winning franchise. It was a different NFL back then. In today's NFL, there's no way the Bidwill Family would ever be awarded an NFL franchise.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that Al Cowlings. But not the same Mike McCoy who was part of the disastrous 2018 Cards campaign. Also of note, the Browns pick of Mike Phipps was their “reward” for shipping HOF stud WR Paul Warfield to the Dolphins that offseason.

My dad was Mike McCoy's (DT, not OC) best man in his wedding. I still see him every once in a while. He's still a huge human being.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose