Minimum 2021 team performance to retain Kingsbury?

What will it take for you to be on board for another year of Kliff after next season?

• 8-9 record

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 9-8 record

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • making the playoffs

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • winning in the Super Wild Card round

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • making the Divisional playoffs

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • more than making the Divisional playoffs

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The way-too-early opinion poll on what is the absolute minimum for Kliff to keep his job after the
upcoming season.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Sorry for the duplicate choice. I blame it on fear of Covid. :bang:

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He has got to get to the playoffs.

The NFL was banking on Arizona being a wildcard and when they couldnt get that, fellow owners were looking at Bidwill crazy.

I dont think he has 5 years, he has next year to get his act together or him and Keim are out the door

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has got to get to the playoffs.

The NFL was banking on Arizona being a wildcard and when they couldnt get that, fellow owners were looking at Bidwill crazy.

I dont think he has 5 years, he has next year to get his act together or him and Keim are out the door

What does that mean?

And it's BIDWILL.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL is a business, they were hoping that Arizona makes the playoffs because thats one more exciting new face they can market to the ends of the earth.

And you have news reports, quotes, etc. from "They" in support of your earlier contention, right?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you really think the league wanted a boring Mitch Trubisky led Bears team in the playoffs over Kyler Murray youre drinking drano or just arguing to argue.

To be fair he didn't exactly say that. I didn't know what he meant until your post either...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I almost think he has to go to the playoffs and get a win. Lots of it will depend on how we accomplish getting to the playoffs. A strong showing down the stretch where we look like we've grown will look a lot better than whatever we turned into in the back half of this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They would keep him if he went 7-10. Hell maybe even 6-11.

The next change is a BIG change. If they fire Kliff then Mike has to fire Keim. It's a full clean house and rebuild. Kyler would still have a year left of his rookie and a 5th year option. A rebuild would likely waste them.

And lets face it, winning is really just a bonus for Mike. If he gets to come into the office every day and pal around playing football boss with his pals then it's a good day. Firing Keim would take away one of his work buddies.

It would likely have to be a disastrous 3-14 type season where Kyler is bad and it looks like his career is in jeopardy if Kliff stays.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If I was the decision maker, it'd be playoffs or back to the Scottsdale playboy house for Cliff.

From the Keim/Mikey B perspective, it'd have to be a catastrophic collapse, like 4-13.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
BTW - it just dawned on me that we're gonna be doing a 17-game season. Weird.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He's got to get to 9-8. And he's got to make a 6-team playoff game. If 7 teams, the divisional round is maybe needed.

But more importantly...... Kyler needs to grow. And the entire team needs to sustain momentum throughout the season instead of limping to the finish line again.

P.S. I put the odds on any of this being less that 40% right now.

Keim can't be trusted to draft well.
Vance & Kliff can't be trusted to have a winning game plan for more than 60% of a game let alone a full season.

And our players havent proven to be tough enough to sustain their performance at pretty much all positions.

In short..... Our floor is too damn low under a Kliff Kingsbury regime.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to make the poffs next season if not time to move on and end airaid experience

Have a gut feeling kingsbury won't be in az much longer ....

Obviously hoping im wrong and cards kick some ass next yr

Want to see murray hop in poffs maybe fitz

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i picked playoffs, because i think 9-8 gets you in

that being said, i could also see an uninspiring 9-8 where its the same team as this year except with better field goal kicking -- and then get blown out in the playoffs

that is where things would get interesting..........

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Almost no excuse not to make the playoffs in a seven-team field. You have to be mildly above average to make it (7 of 16).

Paul Calvisi on the Big Red Rage smoothly transitioned from "Kyler Murray wins MVP Campaign in 2nd season...?" (Like Mahomes and Lamar Jackson) to "Kyler Murray wins playoff game in his third season...?" (like Lamar Jackson and Kyle Allen). No awareness of the hype monster he nurtured.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
To me it's not about the record, they can have 11 wins and I'd still can him if we're still seeing all of the boneheaded moves that we saw last season. We can't have the penalties, wasted time outs, stupid 3rd and 18 calls, etc. Just because we might luck into a few wins doesn't mean he's good long term.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IMO I don't think just getting to the playoffs is enough. We should have got to the playoffs THIS year. He pretty much coached us out of the playoff this year. Last two games were against a 3rd stringer and a backup making his first NFL start. If you can't win just one of those two games, you should be looking for a new job. Therefore, I think next year we need to make a good playoff run (win a 1 or 2 games min) to save his job.