BR: Most likely landing spots for Patrick Peterson.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
PP can’t be transitioned ala Rod Woodson because he’s a horrific tackler. Last line of defense can’t be slow and play ole D on people running with the football.

and not everyone thought it was time for CC to go. Some of us thought it was idiotic and would rather have seen some of the millions siphoned off to him from the ridiculous 7 million per year wasted on the TE (who’s name escapes me) who only produced unsportsmanlike like conduct penalties.
Gresham, but at least he paid $50 for a college kids to get her luggage on a plane.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson was on his podcast recently and said two things about himself and his potential for staying with the Cards. He said - and the clips have been played on 98.7 the last couple of days - "The resume speaks for itself." Then he also walked through his resume line by line. LOL Can't make this stuff up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Peterson was on his podcast recently and said two things about himself and his potential for staying with the Cards. He said - and the clips have been played on 98.7 the last couple of days - "The resume speaks for itself." Then he also walked through his resume line by line. LOL Can't make this stuff up.
I fully expect him him to be a Cowboy, Buc or a Raider.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Right. Remember when we signed Dexter Jackson to a big deal straight off of his MVP performance for the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, and then he was outright bad?

I'm tentative on re-signing Reddick, but I don't strongly feel one way or the other.

Many on this board talk about regression and not paying someone for what they did in the past.

Do we really believe Reddick is a consistent 10 sack/year OLB?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Why would the Bucs take him? They have a nice core of young DB's that are only going to get better next year. I'd play Davis or Dean over Pat Pete any day.

Colts, Bengals, Redskins, Jags and Titans are more likely.

I still think he probably stays here. He shouldn't, but we have no depth and you can't bank on the draft.

Arians likes "his players" and Peterson and Bowles seemed to work well.

That would be the reason, but will it happen? Who knows.

I agree they really do not need him in TB.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
1598 yards
18 rushing TDs
53 receptions
308 yards receiving

for a 5th round pick that we might get back if he signs a similar deal, I think it was a very good deal and Drake has been productive.

Good value for a 5th - yes.

Drake was no where near as explosive as last year. His 2020 numbers are easily replaceable and I would love to have a RB that will pick up 1 yard when required and doesn't run horizontally.

Hot take - its KK's system that has led to Drake's production not the other way around.

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
1598 yards
18 rushing TDs
53 receptions
308 yards receiving

for a 5th round pick that we might get back if he signs a similar deal, I think it was a very good deal and Drake has been productive.
You don't pay top 5 money for a guy that isn't even a top 10 back, and can't break 1,000 yards dominating the snap count on many other players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You don't pay top 5 money for a guy that isn't even a top 10 back, and can't break 1,000 yards dominating the snap count on many other players.
13th in rushing.

33 yrds less than Melvin Gordon who makes the same on a 2 year deal.

Melvin Gordon is the only RB not on either a rookie deal or a massive contract that outgained him.

8th RB in rushing TDs. (more than Aaron Jones)

The most TDs of any RB not on a rookie deal or a massive contract.

So...your premise is just not relevant. No one is paying Drake top 5 money. It is not even a conversation as it would require him to make more than 12.6 mil per year.

He was 13th in rushing and 8th in rushing TDs so you can easily argue he was around a top 10 RB.

Most people aren't even arguing to re-sign him unless it is for like 3 or 4 mil which he will not likely want. It was a good deal. Drake served his purpose. Now, unless he takes a team friendly deal, we will move on as teams should with RBs.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We had him for his best years, IMHO. Too much drama and a drop-off in performance, the PED issue, etc. in recent seasons. Unless he's tagged I think he is gone.

Pretty sure we can find some one at a fraction of the price to be 4 yards behind in a trial position.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The offensive line didn't help drake getting the same numbers
We saw it also with chase Edmonds, the game he started, wasn't effective at all
The problem was the interior line and blocking tigh end with Maxx Williams often injured

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP can’t be transitioned ala Rod Woodson because he’s a horrific tackler. Last line of defense can’t be slow and play ole D on people running with the football.

and not everyone thought it was time for CC to go. Some of us thought it was idiotic and would rather have seen some of the millions siphoned off to him from the ridiculous 7 million per year wasted on the TE (who’s name escapes me) who only produced unsportsmanlike like conduct penalties.

It was money. The Jags offered him like 2-3 times what we did. Micheal Bennet in Seattle was his comp. he signed then we offered him more money than a Bennet and the Jags offer was just to good.

We also had Chandler Jones coming up and you needed to pay him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
This reflects what we all saw. It's time for a change.

I agree.

On top of this ... let's not forget his tendency to shy away from making a Tackle. Gives us absolutely zero in that department. Dont know how many times Budda had to come over to clean up his mess. Time to move on!

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been covered in this 12 page thread, havent read it all. Im on this board intermittently dependent on slowness at work haha. Heres a comprehensive look at some of the games top CBs

Games:
PP 16
Marlon Humphrey 15
James Bradberry 15
Xavien Howard 16
Marshon Lattimore 14

Times targeted:
PP 79
Humphrey 106
Bradberry 90
Howard 101
Lattimore 85

Completions allowed:
PP 53
Humphrey 65
Bradberry 55
Howard 52
Lattimore 45

Yards allowed:
PP 662
Humphrey 394
Bradberry 397
Howard 447
Lattimore 484

Air yards allowed:
PP 451
Humphrey 394
Bradberry 397
Howard 447
Lattimore 484

Passes defended:
PP 8
Humphrey 11
Bradberry 18
Howard 20
Lattimore 11

Touchdowns allowed:
PP 5 (i can still feel the Diggs touchdown, that was soul crushing)
Humphrey 3
Bradberry 4
Howard 4
Lattimore 7

Interceptions:
PP 3
Humphrey 1
Bradberry 3
Howard 10 (holy cow, what a stud)
Lattimore 7

Penalties committed
PP 10 (easily his worst category, maybe needs to learn to play differently now that hes slower)
Humphrey 5
Bradberry 3
Howard 6
Lattimore 7

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does 'yards allowed' mean and why is it that all save PP21 have the same figure as under 'air yards allowed'?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What does 'yards allowed' mean and why is it that all save PP21 have the same figure as under 'air yards allowed'?
TheCardFan nailed it above you - probably posted simultaneously.... but this reaffirms that PP is poor in tackling.

usually my PP tackling gripes are in the run support game but these stats show he tackles poorly in Pass and Run situations.

He might be making more plays on the ball and when you miss, the WR has room to run. Not sure though

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TheCardFan nailed it above you - probably posted simultaneously.... but this reaffirms that PP is poor in tackling.

usually my PP tackling gripes are in the run support game but these stats show he tackles poorly in Pass and Run situations.

He might be making more plays on the ball and when you miss, the WR has room to run. Not sure though

Sure... but everyone else gave up zero YAC.

Hard to believe.