BR: Most likely landing spots for Patrick Peterson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will never understand the “take that game away” argument. It was a scheduled game. It was played. He made those plays. The plays and game counted. Why take it away? Silly argumentation.

even if you say "the game was extraordinary and five sacks is ridiculous", assuming it was just a good games, and he only got 1.5 sacks and a fumble, you're still at 9 sacks, 3 FFs in 15 games, finally playing his natural position full time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
even if you say "the game was extraordinary and five sacks is ridiculous", assuming it was just a good games, and he only got 1.5 sacks and a fumble, you're still at 9 sacks, 3 FFs in 15 games, finally playing his natural position full time.
But you really shouldn’t even do that. He did make those plays. Against nfl players. In an nfl game. And while we likely still win without all his plays. Who knows, maybe we don’t.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will never understand the “take that game away” argument. It was a scheduled game. It was played. He made those plays. The plays and game counted. Why take it away? Silly argumentation.

I also don't get when people take away a 80 yard run from a stat sheet to prove a point. I think Solar was probably more right than most of us saying Drake was not all that and a bag of chips but Reddick has been consistent and I only hope the Cards give him a adequate offer for his true value

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also don't get when people take away a 80 yard run from a stat sheet to prove a point. I think Solar was probably more right than most of us saying Drake was not all that and a bag of chips but Reddick has been consistent and I only hope the Cards give him a adequate offer for his true value

Drake is not an all pro but he is one of the best rb we have seev playing for the Cardinals in the last 20 years
Can u imagine how ineffective will be the running game without K1?
The so so year by drake is more on the offensive line
We saw it even when Edmonds started

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what would you pay Reddick?

I’d what we did with Hump. Try to get him at maybe 40/4, maybe 44/4, and if that doesn’t work, tag him this year and see if he really deserves huge money.

I just think with him and chandler coming off the edge, we can make do with average CBs and use PP’s money and the draft to get there.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Drake is not an all pro but he is one of the best rb we had in years

I just meant when people thought Drake would be some kind of all star based on when we first acquired him which I did not think but thought he would be exactly what he is right now, which is a good back but people really need to focus on the current performance of our C and RG because they are making life miserable for our RB and QB

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

but that’s the thing he hasn’t been. What’s consistent for Reddick. Like I’ve said pretty much half his stats for the entire year came in one game.

If Chandler Jones came out and had the year Reddick is currently having we would be talking about cutting him to save money and the talk would be he’s slowing down.

I think they do what Cheese said tag him let’s see if he can play the role opposite of Chandler next year, I’d love to keep Golden aswell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. If the dudes value is to move the ball down the field and he gets you 80 in one pop would you have rather he had 20 4 yard runs?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Drake is not an all pro but he is one of the best rb we had in years
And Maxx’s prolonged absence.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just meant when people thought Drake would be some kind of all star based on when we first acquired him which I did not think but thought he would be exactly what he is right now, which is a good back but people really need to focus on the current performance of our C and RG because they are making life miserable for our RB and QB

Id take the money I’m paying Fitz and Peterson and I use some of that to make Brandon Scherff the highest paid guard in football

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

it’s a theory. You take away someone’s best game and there worst game. How good that guy is usually somewhere in the middle. It’s a historic game but will he ever have another game like that his entire career? No because nobody has ever had a game like that right. Hopefully he does, but odds aren’t in his favor

Tony Delk once scored 50 points in a game.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Id take the money I’m paying Fitz and Peterson and I use some of that to make Brandon Scherff the highest paid guard in football
I think for the most part we are dealing with a franchise which never had much of anything in winning, so players become the mode which to appease the fans with individual achievements and not wins. I think Peterson for his whole career has been one hell of a CB and maybe even yes a Hall of Famer and for Fitz there is no question, but what we need to move onto is winning and not reverence for individuals as a means to hang your hat on... like when we watched a game and did not care about winning since it was not an option but wanting Larry Centers to break a record catching balls

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think for the most part we are dealing with a franchise which never had much of anything in winning, so players become the mode which to appease the fans with individual achievements and not wins. I think Peterson for his whole career has been one hell of a CB and maybe even yes a Hall of Famer and for Fitz there is no question, but what we need to move onto is winning and not reverence for individuals as a means to hang your hat on... like when we watched a game and did not care about winning since it was not an option but wanting Larry Centers to break a record catching balls

But the organization first put lot of emphasis on every individual records reached, they are fine with that

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this post is spot on. There’s no time for sentimentality in sports for teams that value winning above all else.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And why do you guys keep insisting ONLY a rookie will replace Peterson? There’s FA and we’d be able to use some of the money on CB that we wouldn’t be spending on an aging, slowing CB.
Again, look at the free agent list for CBs. Who do you like there? I would argue every player there is worse than Patrick Peterson outside of William Jackson, who I don't think the Bengals are going to let go. Desmond King plays in the slot, and the Titans will probably keep him. Maybe one of the Seattle CBs, but they were bad this year.

I work in a field where statistical analysis is extraordinarily important. When there's an anomalous spike in performance, or a drop in performance, we strip that out of the data and take a look into what caused it, and if that's replicable. We don't just bake it into the data and assume the next time we're going to get that.

Stripping out the long run from last year gets us something more akin to Drake's current production... a runner with an outside shot at 1,000 yards if he has a good game tomorrow, and maybe 25 catches. A far cry from the nearly 1,300 yard, 16 TD, 50+ catch season he was on pace for because of some 2019 anomalies. And that's what people insisted we were going to get, and why we should pay him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
it’s a theory. You take away someone’s best game and there worst game. How good that guy is usually somewhere in the middle. It’s a historic game but will he ever have another game like that his entire career? No because nobody has ever had a game like that right. Hopefully he does, but odds aren’t in his favor

Right. Remember when we signed Dexter Jackson to a big deal straight off of his MVP performance for the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, and then he was outright bad?

I'm tentative on re-signing Reddick, but I don't strongly feel one way or the other.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But that first historic game has to come at some point. This is his first year getting the volume of reps as a pass rusher abd he’s not old. Is he going to have THAT game again? No, but few are. But it could be the precursor to many multi-sack games in the future given his age and relatively newer role.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But that first historic game has to come at some point. This is his first year getting the volume of reps as a pass rusher abd he’s not old. Is he going to have THAT game again? No, but few are. But it could be the precursor to many multi-sack games in the future given his age and relatively newer role.

Sure, it’s a numbers and odds thing. Take the Jets game where he had 0s across the board. Is he as bad as that? No. Who knows maybe he gets better but guys all of a sudden seeing the light in there contract year is a real thing.

like cheese said tag him and make him do it again. He does seem like a guy who really cares.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For the record, I am not on the @DVontel train of let him go no matter what, but I am on the train of there is a level of production we are getting and there is an appropriate dollar amount to pay for it. I have said in this thread, 3 yrs totaling 21 mil is ok with me, but I don't personally believe that is the type of number Peterson is looking for.
Robert Alford has had cap numbers of $6 and $7.5 million the last two seasons. Next season he has a cap number of $9 million.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Again, look at the free agent list for CBs. Who do you like there? I would argue every player there is worse than Patrick Peterson outside of William Jackson, who I don't think the Bengals are going to let go. Desmond King plays in the slot, and the Titans will probably keep him. Maybe one of the Seattle CBs, but they were bad this year.

I work in a field where statistical analysis is extraordinarily important. When there's an anomalous spike in performance, or a drop in performance, we strip that out of the data and take a look into what caused it, and if that's replicable. We don't just bake it into the data and assume the next time we're going to get that.

Stripping out the long run from last year gets us something more akin to Drake's current production... a runner with an outside shot at 1,000 yards if he has a good game tomorrow, and maybe 25 catches. A far cry from the nearly 1,300 yard, 16 TD, 50+ catch season he was on pace for because of some 2019 anomalies. And that's what people insisted we were going to get, and why we should pay him.

I feel you but you have to remember that a 80 yard run is an amazing feat against professional athletes for a score. We can sugar coat the aspect of luck for Kyler hitting D-Hop on that Hail Murray, but there was obvious talent on both sides of that completion which made that possible. Granted that cannot and will not happen every play, but still does extend some value to the player anyway you want to allocate the information

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. Good teams do not do this. There’s a reason we were able to sign an edgerrin and emmitt at the ends of their careers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Didn’t he have a 69 yard run this year? Should we strip that out too? Just strip out all of his beat runs because they only occur 3-5% (or less) of the time?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure, it’s a numbers and odds thing. Take the Jets game where he had 0s across the board. Is he as bad as that? No. Who knows maybe he gets better but guys all of a sudden seeing the light in there contract year is a real thing.

like cheese said tag him and make him do it again. He does seem like a guy who really cares.
I’m on board the tag and test game plan.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I’m on board the tag and test game plan.
I would put priorities on Drake and Reddick right now over Fitz and Peterson, it's common sense and might cost us less to keep them. What Fitz and Pat P gave us for value they are not giving again, but these guys could at least give something extra for who they are in the here and now (though yeah as RB, I would not get crazy) :raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard