Raptors @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-6-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For awhile I thought Siakam (32) was going to beat the Suns by himself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns shoot 52.5% from three point range. Almost as good as the Clippers shot the last game.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For obvious reasons, my mind is elsewhere. Didn't see the game, but the box score and play by play suggest that Bridges had one of his worst games ever, and Booker and Paul struggled mightily, but Crowder, Ayton, Cam Johnson and Saric saved the day.

Glad for the win, but the increasingly lengthy stretch of poor play by Paul (who is putting up career worst numbers pretty much across the board, and who is also struggling to defend) and especially Booker (where I am really starting to wonder about Kendall Jenner's impact on him, as he seems to be playing without focus and with lapses in concentration) is disconcerting, as are the team's overall defensive struggles the last couple of games.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I also watched more important stuff on TV tonight.

Can it be said that the Suns are building, game by
game, a strong playoff team? As opposed to . . . .
putting on a good show against NBA average teams
which, of course, is still an improvement over the
last decade.

I'll answer my own question. We've greatly improved
defense. That's a good step to being playoff ready.
And a deep bench.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For obvious reasons, my mind is elsewhere. Didn't see the game, but the box score and play by play suggest that Bridges had one of his worst games ever, and Booker and Paul struggled mightily, but Crowder, Ayton, Cam Johnson and Saric saved the day.

Glad for the win, but the increasingly lengthy stretch of poor play by Paul (who is putting up career worst numbers pretty much across the board, and who is also struggling to defend) and especially Booker (where I am really starting to wonder about Kendall Jenner's impact on him, as he seems to be playing without focus and with lapses in concentration) is disconcerting, as are the team's overall defensive struggles the last couple of games.

They had 36 points on 26 shots and 14 assists with only 1 turnover. Paul played great defense. Booker was poor on defense. They didn’t “struggle mightily” where the heck do you see that?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They had 36 points on 26 shots and 14 assists with only 1 turnover. Paul played great defense. Booker was poor on defense. They didn’t “struggle mightily” where the heck do you see that?

Look at their shooting numbers and Paul's low assist total. And look at what Lowry did against Paul.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I was not in the game thread. Everything takes a lot more time now so i cant keep up in real time.

Solid win. Suns went 3 out of 4 in the tough stretch. I am calling the 4 or 5 seed shot

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A win is a win. Past years Toronto would have beat us because we let up and played down. This Suns team is out to win EVERY night. Are they perfect? HELL NO! Do they improve every game and have that sense of urgency to fight till the end? It seems like they do. They are still learning to play with each other and mostly winning while doing it? You cant really ask for much more and call yourself a fan. Cam Payne is turning into a SOLID PG. Cam Payne, Cam J, and Dario may end up being one of the best benches in the league.
Ayton will be Ayton and pass the ball to CP3 twice under the basket when he could just dunk, but rebounds are key to this offense the more chances we get the better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Clippers game the Suns forwards didn't produce much Crowder (6), Bridges (7) and Cam Johnson (8).

Tonight I thought their play made a big difference with Crowder (21), Bridges (13) and Cam Johnson (16).