2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw that nba ratings are up 95% over the start of 2019. I think this is the time where the nba season should start. The league will never give up more games, so I'm thinking why not extend the season out to wherever nfl training camp starts.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

95%?! That’s an insane number. You sure that’s right?

that said I agree the season should always kick off Christmas Day or about there. It gets swallowed up by football and baseball and more football starting in October.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Spurs/Mavs/Grizzlies all lose

Portland probably going to lose

Good Day!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Miami was blown out by the Bucks 144-97 on Tuesday, the Heat beat Milwaukee 119-108 tonight.

What a turnaround.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m guessing it’s partially related to the fact that nobody can go to games and other forms of public diversion are more limited, but I’ll take it!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing it’s partially related to the fact that nobody can go to games and other forms of public diversion are more limited, but I’ll take it!

Something similar happened during Christmas week in 2012. Let's do it.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The NBA should definitely start around the holidays, and many NHL fans would like the Cup to be lifted before summer. Why those leagues' seasons match so completely when they share arenas in ten cities has always been weird to me. Probably not as many Coyotes fans as Suns fans, and they don't share an arena, but in a lot of cities there's huge overlap: why consolidate the ratings and attendance?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So apparently Halliburton’s agent asked teams to pass on him and they refused interviews and workouts. He wanted to make his way to Sacramento. It’s on the Windhorst podcast

WTF.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So apparently Halliburton’s agent asked teams to pass on him and they refused interviews and workouts. He wanted to make his way to Sacramento. It’s on the Windhorst podcast

WTF.

Well it’s the only reason I can think of why he dropped. The Kings backcourt is amazing but they really have nothing else.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

WTF.

Seems like it’s working. Against all odds and common sense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF.

I read something like that on draft night but just dismissed it as a rumor because it made so little sense, on the surface at least.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it’s the only reason I can think of why he dropped. The Kings backcourt is amazing but they really have nothing else.

it makes sense now. Him and his team thought the Kings fast pace would be best for his style of play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF.

IIRC, the Suns passed on Karl Malone because he refused to interview or workout with the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halliburton steered his way to... Sacramento? First that’s weird. Second, seems to stretch credulity just from the standpoint of him being that much of a commodity lasting through 13 other teams not wanting to take the risk of forcing him to play ball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the Suns passed on Karl Malone because he refused to interview or workout with the Suns.

Yeah it happens every now and then but it's usually to avoid a specific team or to get to a quality organization. I don't recall the Malone rumor or why he'd refuse to interview with us but I'm not surprised.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were those the Cocaine Suns? They probably didn’t have the best reputation at the time.

I think it was a year or teo before it became such a huge legal and PR issue but I have no idea what our reputation was throughout the league. We were by no means the only team with players doing coke though, it was huge in the NBA at the time (and the NCAA too). We became the poster child for the problem but it was more to do with an overly ambitious prosecutor than anything else. Not that we were innocent, but they indicted just about everyone connected to the team with almost no evidence and in the end, most of the cases and charges fell apart.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were those the Cocaine Suns? They probably didn’t have the best reputation at the time.

I think it was because Malone thought he would be drafted earlier and wouldn't fall to the Suns.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it happens every now and then but it's usually to avoid a specific team or to get to a quality organization. I don't recall the Malone rumor or why he'd refuse to interview with us but I'm not surprised.

In Malone's case I think he thought he wouldn't be there when the Suns drafted. I'm not sure he didn't want to play for team. They did draft Jayson Williams who didn't want to play for the Suns.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn