2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but what’s he improved? Was he improving or was he just on bad teams that let him do whatever he wanted.

is he a good shooter? Not really
Is he good defender? Meh
Is he a playmaker? Nope

I think we have seen Bridges and Cam zoom by him in the progress they have made in there careers.

GS whole offense is based off ball movement and finding the open guy, he’s a bad fit for that team.

He played great for us some nights but he killed us on more than a few nights too. Kind of like Booker but his good nights were never as good as Booker's good nights, his bad nights were far worse than Booker's bad nights and he has them a little more often than Devin did. But yeah, like Washington, we were a bad team and as such we didn't have the luxury of using him as a 6th man so we gave him more opportunities than his play warranted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers took down the Lakers tonight 115-107. They looked unbeatable in preseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His only role in the NBA at this point should be as instant offense off the bench. He doesn't do anything outside of decent scoring at a high level and thus doesn't tend to make much sense as a starter for most teams.

Water seeks it's level so to speak. It will be interesting to follow Oubre's career. I think he is a much better player than he has shown so far with the Warriors.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Water seeks it's level so to speak. It will be interesting to follow Oubre's career. I think he is a much better player than he has shown so far with the Warriors.
He is definitely better than he has shown this season. Problem is that he doesn't have anything else he consistently does well if the shots aren't falling.

That's why I think he would be best suited as a scorer/energy guy off the bench. If he plays well he will get a lot of minutes because he can make a big impact and if he has an off day than he just doesn't get many minutes.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His only role in the NBA at this point should be as instant offense off the bench. He doesn't do anything outside of decent scoring at a high level and thus doesn't tend to make much sense as a starter for most teams.

This is just what i think, the suns wanted him in this role and probably would have resigned if he was ok with it. But he wanted starter pay and starter play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injuries around the NBA starting to mount up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No need to disparage Oubre. He played well for the Suns.

The Warriors needed a shooting guard who can distribute to take the pressure off Curry so we agree about this part.

I don’t feel I’m putting him down I’m being honest about what I think he is.

it’s not a coincidence our best basketball came when he wasn’t playing and Bridges and Cam started to take those minutes.

he’s a black hole on offense. He’s better than he’s playing right now but being part of a good team requires you to fit a role and I see him as an energy guy who gets buckets in transition he sees himself as an iso James Harden type

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Oubre not hitting his shots. Otherwise he does look lost out there. He did have one monster put back jam so far!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its only been a few game too, but Oubre's minutes per game are down. I'm not sure if they're easing him back into it, or restrictions from the knee. Are fewer minutes bothering his production, idk, even per36 stats are below his average.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its only been a few game too, but Oubre's minutes per game are down. I'm not sure if they're easing him back into it, or restrictions from the knee. Are fewer minutes bothering his production, idk, even per36 stats are below his average.

Yeah his minutes are down some but they really can't afford to play him any more than they have. He's taking over 13 shots per game and he's making less than 18% of them. If you use the per36 stats, he's actually putting them up at a higher rate than Devin Booker is. I think his rough start is a combination of trying too hard to impress his new teammates, fans and coaches in addition to having to shake off the rust from 10 months away from the court.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I suspect his minutes are down because he's been a horror show, not because of restrictions. If he were not playing like hot garbage he'd see more minutes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ja Morant will miss 3-5 weeks with ankle sprain.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Ja Morant will miss 3-5 weeks with ankle sprain.

good. When he went down it looked bad. I was like no not Ja. He’s legit one of the most entertaining players in the nba

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Washington is not favored to get a playoff spot. They were garbage last year (worse than Chicago and Detroit in SRS), Atlanta got much better, and Orlando was leagues beyond them. RWB is worth a few wins, maybe 5 max.

The top7 is locked in.

cheesebeef: lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef: lol

Here’s the difference between you and I? I don’t think my tales are the word of God and can admit when I’m wrong.

you know... as opposed to your hot takes that the Cardinals would def be flexed against the Rams, the even funnier hot take that they would be 4-5 point favorites against the Rams and the biggest whopper of them all... Kliff Kingsbury is one of the best head coaches in the league.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here’s the difference between you and I? I don’t think my tales are the word of God and can admit when I’m wrong.

you know... as opposed to your hot takes that the Cardinals would def be flexed against the Rams, the even funnier hot take that they would be 4-5 point favorites against the Rams and the biggest whopper of them all... Kliff Kingsbury is one of the best head coaches in the league.

shoulda been flexed but NFL wanted to preserve competitive balance given Bears game.

it will close closer to that then underdogs.

KK is already top10 and will vault into top5 soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami got drubbed at home by Milwaukee. 12 players on the Bucks hit a 3.

It was an NBA record for made 3-pointers. The Bucks actually made 29.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just saw that nba ratings are up 95% over the start of 2019. I think this is the time where the nba season should start. The league will never give up more games, so I'm thinking why not extend the season out to wherever nfl training camp starts.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn