If You Want KK Gone, Who Do You Want Hired?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those sound like good things to me. Coaching and leadership have changed significantly (in sports and in life).

What hasn't changed is accountability and execution.

We don't have accountability and execution either

"Football has changed" is what fans with weak coaches say. Tell that to Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, BA, Belichick, McVay, Carroll, Habrough, Gruden etc

At this stage I'd settle for an angry glare from Kliff. Heck, I'd settle for a vaguely pissed off post game presser.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We don't have accountability and execution either

"Football has changed" is what fans with weak coaches say. Tell that to Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, BA, Belichick, McVay, Carroll, Habrough, Gruden etc

At this stage I'd settle for an angry glare from Kliff. Heck, I'd settle for a vaguely pissed off post game presser.

The problem is that Kliff is a loser

Everyone knows his record, If he couldnt discipline in college he would be crazy to start ranting and raving in the pros.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Arthur Smith is also going to start getting some looks (still a little early)

I hear Marvin Lewis name popping up.

Jim Caldwell will get a look.

Dabol.

Bienemy.

Salah.

Bowles.

Crazy that 5 of the top 8 candidates could be minorities.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Anytime you have a flexible personality you have to be aware that the flexibility can lean to a lack of conviction.

For all of the eye rolling this board did for Whis and Bruce being rigid in their schemes, they did always have that to go back to.

There is a happy medium and Kliff just needs to find it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that Kliff is a loser

Everyone knows his record, If he couldnt discipline in college he would be crazy to start ranting and raving in the pros.

Just to be clear. The list I made was just an example. I don't expect him to start ranting and raving. I just want to see something.

Whether it be some geeing up on the sidelines after a bad drive, or him getting in Drakes ear after a sucky series. Or as I said before, just something in his pressers. Some passion, anger, whatever. Not the enotionless clichés that make Steve Wilkes look like John Gruden.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just to be clear. The list I made was just an example. I don't expect him to start ranting and raving. I just want to see something.

Whether it be some geeing up on the sidelines after a bad drive, or him getting in Drakes ear after a sucky series. Or as I said before, just something in his pressers. Some passion, anger, whatever. Not the enotionless clichés that make Steve Wilkes look like John Gruden.

Unfortunately its a nexus of Kingsbury never coaching in the NFL and never being successful.

I dont know if he has the respect of these guys yet. Clearly not if the penalties continue to be a problem going into the latter stages of the season.

Imagine having a boss who was not successful in previously roles as a boss in a different department and the business requirements for that department were not as stringent.

You wont have a lot of confidence in that boss for too long especially once the pressure goes up.

I think we are seeing the same. A guy with no rep trying to lead a group of guys who base a big part of their respect and expectations of you off of your reputation and previous output.

So even if he did have emotion, how much of line can he really push before he loses the locker room?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do find it pretty funny that people are so frustrated with Kingsbury's lack of identity when most on this board complained about the Whis "The System Works" mentality. I understand frustration with both can exist, but it still makes me laugh a bit.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I do find it pretty funny that people are so frustrated with Kingsbury's lack of identity when most on this board complained about the Whis "The System Works" mentality. I understand frustration with both can exist, but it still makes me laugh a bit.

I just think all of this is short term setbacks.

The real villain in this mess is Keim. Any time the depth of this team is challenged, they fold.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Then he shouldn't be a HC.

Name me one head coach that's ever succeeded with Kliff's character? I can't think of a single successful HC who's a chilled, laid back, were all buddies type guy. If that's who he want's to be he's in the wrong career.

He’s not an HC. He’s Dirk Koetter.

He shouldn’t be answering questions about the defense and kicking game or worrying about. He shouldn’t be anything less than 100% devoted the the offense and K1’s development.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think Bieniemy (sp?) is a good name. But I really like Pete Carmichael also. Both would be home runs to me of the current OC crop.

Others:
Lincoln Riley - I would back the truck up for this dude.
Todd Bowles - with a hot shot OC
Brian Daboll, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady or Nathaniel Hackett are all out there as well

I also like Marvin Lewis but that comes with serious baggage.

Edit: How am I the first person to mention Pete Carmichael? This dude is a serious name.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Something to ponder...

IF KK gets to 8 wins this year...only 6 Cardinal teams would have had more wins since they came to Arizona (32 years).

In fact, you could go all the way back to 1977 and find only 1 more team.

That's 7 teams in 43 years. Many people on this board have been there for all of those and more.

IF he doesn't win another game (6 total)...only 20 teams out of 43 years would have won more.

We have a truly pathetic history. Pardon me for being excited about this QB, our progress since 2018, and genuine optimism about our future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to ponder...

IF KK gets to 8 wins this year...only 6 Cardinal teams would have had more wins since they came to Arizona (32 years).

That's 7 teams in 43 years. Many people on this board have been there for all of those and more.

IF he doesn't win another game (6 total)...only 20 teams out of 43 years would have won more.

We have a truly pathetic history. Pardon me for being excited about this QB, our progress since 2018, and genuine optimism about our future.

comparing success in relation to past years putridity is an exercise in futility.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Bieniemy (sp?) is a good name. But I really like Pete Carmichael also. Both would be home runs to me of the current OC crop.

Others:
Lincoln Riley - I would back the truck up for this dude.
Todd Bowles - with a hot shot OC
Brian Daboll, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady or Nathaniel Hackett are all out there as well

I also like Marvin Lewis but that comes with serious baggage.

Edit: How am I the first person to mention Pete Carmichael? This dude is a serious name.
Why would one hire Todd Bowles again?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Greg Roman OC for the Ravens. He designed an offense built to Lamar Jackson’s strengths and won an MVP because of it. He will get Kyler playing at a high level I believe.
Now THAT is an intriguing name.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread is exactly why this board has no business wanting KK to get fired. Most of the names on here are trash/unproven.

People on here wanted Bettcher and Shurmur to go along with Gase, Caldwell, Campbell, DeFilipo, etc.

Greg Roman...how is that going this year? Lamar Jackson has regressed.

Let's focus on how to improve this team...not blow it up.

I will start - think about where we would be right now with a decent defense and a kicker that is more accurate?
Last I checked most of us aren’t paid to spend all our time researching coaching candidates. I don’t need to know who is right to know kliff is wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Kliff is that he's not learning.

He has some massive issues right now, and they are the same issues he's always had. If I could see some progress I'd be less concerned but I don't.
This is my biggest problem with kliff as well. What’s the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. That’s kliff.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Kliff is going anywhere and I don’t want him to. He’s a film junkie and it’s his second year in the league. There will be growing pains. With that said, I would take Harbaugh in a nanosecond.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Kliff is that he's not learning.

He has some massive issues right now, and they are the same issues he's always had. If I could see some progress I'd be less concerned but I don't.

Easily his worst attribute.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmm. He wasn't a shouty guy but he had personality and he was strict. He had no problem chewing out players. Plus he'd been round the NFL years. He had a reputation and respect.

I agree though that on the Belichick scale where Bill is a 10 and Kliff is a 1 that Dungy is a 4 tops.

Just to be clear. I don't expect him to do all those things. Anything would suffice. He's so dull. You can't just stand there like a robot. The HC sets the blueprint of the team. Creates the identity. And you can see it in the penalties. The lack of fire. The defeatist body language and sideline sulking.
You make Belichick a “10?” He’s not a rah rah in your face guy. Does he let you know his displeasure? Yeah, but it’s not full of life display you’re stumping for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arthur Smith is also going to start getting some looks (still a little early)

I hear Marvin Lewis name popping up.

Jim Caldwell will get a look.

Dabol.

Bienemy.

Salah.

Bowles.

Crazy that 5 of the top 8 candidates could be minorities.
Hmm I’d consider Bowles if he had an exciting OC candidate. Carroll and belichick flamed out at their first head coaching stops. Maybe Bowles gets it a second go ‘round with a team not the jets.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t believe there’s any point in moving on from Kingsbury unless Keim goes with him. The team will have the same issues they had in 2018 and 2019 when candidates were declining interviews. Murray desperately needs a QB Coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not really inconsistent if we are seeking baby bears porridge. We don’t want it too hot or too cold, both are bad in their own distinct ways.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just think all of this is short term setbacks.

The real villain in this mess is Keim. Any time the depth of this team is challenged, they fold.
Agreed. Even coaching selections should be laid at his feet. If the buck doesn’t stop with keim that, in itself, is an indictment of him as a gm.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Something to ponder...

Are you really setting the standards at 6 and 8 wins???

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Why would one hire Todd Bowles again?
Well...... multiple reasons.

He was beloved by Keim & Bidwill. So much so that it was reported that he was our clear top choice instead of Vance but he chose Arians over us. I love the loyalty.

I actually liked how he handed the offense over (to a point) in NY.

He has turned the Tampa defense into another stout over-achieving unit. Except when they play the Chiefs. haha.

The players all over the league LOVE him. Not like him and say nice things..... Players follow him. Maybe this is spiritual but still.

Plus..... I loved his mentality. Maybe that's an intangible but still.

Kyler is going to be great. And will help us score a ton of points. We may need a conductor on defense when we are on defense, and then they can manage the clock while our OC is calling the 2-min offense. Seems like a better use of two people at the same time.

But again.... My first choice is Carmichael or EB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson