Stranger Things (Netflix)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Duffer Brothers confirm Stranger Things season 4 isn’t the end

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...confirm-stranger-things-season-4-isnt-the-end

As the hit Netflix series eyes a resumption of production in September, the Duffer Brothers have confirmed that the highly-anticipated fourth season of Stranger Things will not be the end for the sci-fi horror comedy.

Season 4 won’t be the end,” Ross Duffer told The Hollywood Reporter. “We know what the end is, and we know when it is. [The coronavirus pandemic] has given us time to look ahead, figure out what is best for the show. Starting to fill that out gave us a better idea of how long we need to tell that story.

Resuming production in September? So it won't be out until 2022? Honestly, maybe don't bother? It'll be ancient history by then.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Resuming production in September? So it won't be out until 2022? Honestly, maybe don't bother? It'll be ancient history by then.

The article was from August, so hopefully that mean sometime in the first half of 2021 if they were able to start shooting again. They can only wait so long though since the cast is kids. It's not like adults where you can hide the age some. It's noticeable when they're all a foot taller and Dustin has a beard.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The article was from August, so hopefully that mean sometime in the first half of 2021 if they were able to start shooting again. They can only wait so long though since the cast is kids. It's not like adults where you can hide the age some. It's noticeable when they're all a foot taller and Dustin has a beard.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Started watching this and just finished season 1. Really liked it, but I'm thinking it could've just gone 1 season :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Started watching this and just finished season 1. Really liked it, but I'm thinking it could've just gone 1 season :shrug:
Have you watched the other seasons before? Season 1 is outstanding, but the other seasons are great too.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Halfway thru season 3 - I'm liking Chief Hopper this season a lot more (when he flicked the rubber band at Mayor Kline I was :notworthy:).

Thanks goodness Will did not get taken over again - that storyline was getting old, lol.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New teaser/trailer.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still such a dumb Teaser. Why a reveal like that in a Teaser of all things?!?!?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall it was (basically) revealed in the post-credit scene of the season finale.

They didn't reveal who the person was in the End Credits but then reveal it in the teaser later. Just didn't make sense. The only thing I can figure is they wanted to keep it under wraps then they changed direction.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't reveal who the person was in the End Credits but then reveal it in the teaser later. Just didn't make sense. The only thing I can figure is they wanted to keep it under wraps then they changed direction.

Who did you think it was in the cell?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who did you think it was in the cell?

I suspected it was him but didn't rule out someone different. Again if they thought it would be that obvious to the audience why hide it at all? Only to reveal it a few months later? It made no sense. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the original intent was a little different.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I suspected it was him but didn't rule out someone different. Again if they thought it would be that obvious to the audience why hide it at all? Only to reveal it a few months later? It made no sense. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the original intent was a little different.
I'm just curious who that "someone different" you though it could be. Every other character was accounted for. I think at the time there was some speculation that it could be Eleven's "Papa", but that was a far out guess considering he was almost certainly killed by the Demogorgon in season 1.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious who that "someone different" you though it could be. Every other character was accounted for. I think at the time there was some speculation that it could be Eleven's "Papa", but that was a far out guess considering he was almost certainly killed by the Demogorgon in season 1.

I figured it was who it ended up to be which is why I was so confused why they a big deal out of hiding it. I did consider that there was a chance they would introduce either a new character or character we thought had died. Again, why hide who it was if everyone is supposed to assume it wasn't someone different or someone we could easily guess? Makes zero sense. It would have made complete sense if they were originally not planning to reveal who it was until a specific episode.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I figured it was who it ended up to be which is why I was so confused why they a big deal out of hiding it. I did consider that there was a chance they would introduce either a new character or character we thought had died. Again, why hide who it was if everyone is supposed to assume it wasn't someone different or someone we could easily guess? Makes zero sense. It would have made complete sense if they were originally not planning to reveal who it was until a specific episode.
My theory about it is that they needed a cliffhanger. But they didn’t care much about it which is why they revealed who it was so soon.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My theory about it is that they needed a cliffhanger. But they didn’t care much about it which is why they revealed who it was so soon.

That's possible but not much of a cliff hanger if the expectation was that everyone knew who it was anyway. Just doesn't seem well thought out and half baked.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's possible but not much of a cliff hanger if the expectation was that everyone knew who it was anyway. Just doesn't seem well thought out and half baked.
That's why I think it was probably something the Duffer Brothers didn't plan on doing but Netflix told them to do it. So kind of half-assed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I think it was probably something the Duffer Brothers didn't plan on doing but Netflix told them to do it. So kind of half-assed.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose