Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will have a great chance for the top draft pick next year

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark cuban loves making moves so that's going to probably happen, but dallas does need some help, the team isn't very good outside luka and a healthy KP (which is never a given). Unless we do something stupid on draft night and they make some magic happen im putting the sun's above dallas

The Suns look to be better than Houston and OKC. Also maybe the Trail Blazers and Dallas.

However, the Suns have to add a starting power forward and depth to finish the deal.

Dallas is rumored to be interested in Buddy Hield which should help. A lot depends if Porzingis can get healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If all the wrong moves are made, and Ayton, Cam and Saric are all we have in the front court, yeah. I think even a Thunder team featuring Rubio, Oubre, Adams, Green and Gallinari or whomever they get in a trade for him could potentially make things interesting for us. I don't think you realize just how weak and thin our front court is at present.

And by way of example, this worse case scenario is in play if the "solution" at power forward ends up being Carmelo Anthony or PJ Tucker.

jesus. Possibly Worst than the Thunder. You’re now just being idiotic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns look to be better than Houston and OKC. Also maybe the Trail Blazers and Dallas.

However, the Suns have to add a starting power forward and depth to finish the deal.

Dallas is rumored to be interested in Buddy Hield which should help. A lot depends if Porzingis can get healthy.

I don't know about Portland after their acquisition of Covington. I think he really helps them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Portland after their acquisition of Covington. I think he really helps them.

Covington will help Portland for sure. More than Zach Collins. This is why the Suns can't be content with just Chris Paul.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Covington is a game changer. He is a well-rounder player--the type of player we hope Mikal will become.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covington is a game changer. He is a well-rounder player--the type of player we hope Mikal will become.

He is in some ways like Marion. He can cover multiple spots on the floor defensively.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
FYI, current post-free-agency rankings for the Suns:

CBS - 15th overall, 8th in the West
NBC - 13th overall, 7th in the West

More to come...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bleacher Report today has the Suns 18th overall and 10th in the West.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleacher Report today has the Suns 18th overall and 10th in the West.

I didn't see it but are you sure they weren't just showing where we finished last season? I know we were 10th in the West and there were (obviously) 8 playoffs teams in the East which lines up with those numbers (we actually had the 17th best winning percentage overall though).

Personally, I don't see how we could finish in the same spot. IMO we're either going to be worse because we're missing Rubio and Oubre, or, if Paul stays healthy, we're going to be noticeably better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, current post-free-agency rankings for the Suns:

CBS - 15th overall, 8th in the West
NBC - 13th overall, 7th in the West

More to come...

i could see this. I could see us sneaking as high as 5th or 6th if everything breaks right for us. or I could see us sliding to 10th if Paul is constantly injured.

really all hinges on Paul's hammies and if Ayton takes a big step forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't see it but are you sure they weren't just showing where we finished last season? I know we were 10th in the West and there were (obviously) 8 playoffs teams in the East which lines up with those numbers (we actually had the 17th best winning percentage overall though).

Personally, I don't see how we could finish in the same spot. IMO we're either going to be worse because we're missing Rubio and Oubre, or, if Paul stays healthy, we're going to be noticeably better.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2919967-nba-power-rankings-post-free-agency

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4th- 5thth seed.

I dont think the Clippers are that strong anymore, Paul George continues to struggle in the playoffs.
Nuggets lost Grant, who was huge for them.
Houston is slowly fading away, westbrook just doesnt play smart nba basketball.
Mavs are dependent on an unreliable KP.

Roster wise, we've improved the deepest while keeping Booker and Ayton.

I refuse to read anything ESPN or CBS.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The West is a test! Hopefully our coach will give us an edge in games. I don't see how we cannot improve on our record from last year. But it won't be a huge jump. Hopefully enough to get us in the top 8. That's all that matters. Make the playoffs!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ESPN just posted their projections, but I don't have ESPN+ to access them. Anyone?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
ESPN just posted their projections, but I don't have ESPN+ to access them. Anyone?
You must be registered for see images attach

8. Phoenix Suns
Average wins:
Playoffs: 62%

Adding Chris Paul, along with the savvy pickup of Crowder in free agency, makes the Suns favorites to end a decade-long playoff drought this season. Phoenix hasn't won 39 games since 2014-15, and if the Suns do so this season -- as projected -- that would put them above .500 in a 72-game schedule.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

8. Phoenix Suns
Average wins:
Playoffs: 62%

Adding Chris Paul, along with the savvy pickup of Crowder in free agency, makes the Suns favorites to end a decade-long playoff drought this season. Phoenix hasn't won 39 games since 2014-15, and if the Suns do so this season -- as projected -- that would put them above .500 in a 72-game schedule.

Is that 8th in the West or 8th overall?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like I wasn't entirely off base when I said the Suns would struggle to make the playoffs, even with Paul. Thus far, none of the expert projections has them better than having to participate in the play-in...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looks like I wasn't entirely off base when I said the Suns would struggle to make the playoffs, even with Paul. Thus far, none of the expert projections has them better than having to participate in the play-in...
I think that is the Suns "slide" If we ever have a chance to be fourth or fall to eighth, we generally end up falling to eighth. Both in standings and in the draft!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose