Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will have a great chance for the top draft pick next year

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked our chances of sneaking into the playoffs just with the return of Rubio, Booker, Oubre, Bridges, Johnson, Payne, Saric, Carter and Ayton. With Paul in place of Rubio and Oubre, and assuming average player availability, this team need to be at least a top 5 in the West and capable of advancing a round or two.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who in this draft at #10 is the PG of the future? There will be competent PF in this draft left at 10.

Lewis and Halliburton fit that role but they will probably be gone by then. Though I wouldn't trade the pick before seeing them taken off the board for us.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lewis and Halliburton fit that role but they will probably be gone by then. Though I wouldn't trade the pick before seeing them taken off the board for us.
Yeah i just assumed they would be gone by then along with Hayes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah i just assumed they would be gone by then along with Hayes.

Lewis definitely will not be gone at 10. As for Haliburton, I still think there is a chance he falls to 10, but apparently James Jones has no interest in him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lewis definitely will not be gone at 10. As for Haliburton, I still think there is a chance he falls to 10, but apparently James Jones has no interest in him.

I actually like Lewis but omg he's 165lbs what happens if he gets stepped on.
He's like a Chihuahua.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just saw the Jump, and they had us from making the playoffs up to #5 in the West just based on our team right now, before we add anyone. That was a starting five of Ayton, Booker, Paul, Cam Johnson, and Bridges.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw the Jump, and they had us from making the playoffs up to #5 in the West just based on our team right now, before we add anyone. That was a starting five of Ayton, Booker, Paul, Cam Johnson, and Bridges.
SOLD! Ill take it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dont know the name of the show but Stephen a Smith and Max Kellerman said the same for them, with SAS being high on them adding Tucker and being true contenders. Kendrick Perkins said a top 3 seed, potentially.

I think a good way to look at it is OKC last year. They were a 6 seed and i would call that the Suns floor, barring injury. Paul did that largely on his own, now he has Book and Ayton, who are light years ahead of the OKC cast Paul carried. We could have 3 legit All-Stars if Ayton steps up, which would put us at the top of the west.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I actually like Lewis but omg he's 165lbs what happens if he gets stepped on.
He's like a Chihuahua.
I mean Haliburton is like 175 at 6'5". Of course he has a frame that can be built on, but will probably always be pretty skinny.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont know the name of the show but Stephen a Smith and Max Kellerman said the same for them, with SAS being high on them adding Tucker and being true contenders. Kendrick Perkins said a top 3 seed, potentially.

I think a good way to look at it is OKC last year. They were a 6 seed and i would call that the Suns floor, barring injury. Paul did that largely on his own, now he has Book and Ayton, who are light years ahead of the OKC cast Paul carried. We could have 3 legit All-Stars if Ayton steps up, which would put us at the top of the west.

Max had us top 5 but SAS corrected himself after initially saying we'd be 5th, he said 6th was our ceiling and rattled off the 5 teams he thought would definitely be above us - Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Denver and Dallas.

I don't know that our duo is light years ahead of the OKC pair but I agree that our floor should be more than just making the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam had added a LOT of muscle between the end of the season and the Bubble. I wonder what he looks like now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Max had us top 5 but SAS corrected himself after initially saying we'd be 5th, he said 6th was our ceiling and rattled off the 5 teams he thought would definitely be above us - Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Denver and Dallas.

I don't know that our duo is light years ahead of the OKC pair but I agree that our floor should be more than just making the playoffs.
We should be better than Dallas. Maybe even Denver, especially if they lose Grant for nothing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We should be better than Dallas. Maybe even Denver, especially if they lose Grant for nothing.
Dallas will depend on porzongas bit I could see us passing them. Denver I don’t think so. Murray and jokic are special and experienced now. And that’s not even considering porter continuing to grow from last year and a cast of role players that for really well together.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It still comes down to what moves are made to shore up the front court and what is done in the draft. With decent moves, I could see the Suns as high as 3rd in the West, behind the Lakers and Warriors. With the wrong moves, I could see the Suns finishing behind the Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Nuggets, Mavericks, Jazz, Blazers and possibly even Grizzlies and Thunder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It still comes down to what moves are made to shore up the front court and what is done in the draft. With decent moves, I could see the Suns as high as 3rd in the West, behind the Lakers and Warriors. With the wrong moves, I could see the Suns finishing behind the Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Nuggets, Mavericks, Jazz, Blazers and possibly even Grizzlies and Thunder.
The thunder?!? The team that won’t have Paul, shroeder, and likely gallinari?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The thunder?!? The team that won’t have Paul, shroeder, and likely gallinari?

If all the wrong moves are made, and Ayton, Cam and Saric are all we have in the front court, yeah. I think even a Thunder team featuring Rubio, Oubre, Adams, Green and Gallinari or whomever they get in a trade for him could potentially make things interesting for us. I don't think you realize just how weak and thin our front court is at present.

And by way of example, this worse case scenario is in play if the "solution" at power forward ends up being Carmelo Anthony or PJ Tucker.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam had added a LOT of muscle between the end of the season and the Bubble. I wonder what he looks like now.
If Cam comes back with the same lvl of improvement that he show up during the bubble with ill be a very happy man.
Imagine Cam with 10-15 lbs of muscle. Ill start calling Caminayton.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dallas will depend on porzongas bit I could see us passing them. Denver I don’t think so. Murray and jokic are special and experienced now. And that’s not even considering porter continuing to grow from last year and a cast of role players that for really well together.
They are losing one of their best role players, that’s my point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Healthy I put us above Dallas, I'm not so sure about any of the others (either way).

I think Dallas will make some moves. They are not a team to stand still. How much they can improve remains to be seen.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I think Dallas will make some moves. They are not a team to stand still. How much they can improve remains to be seen.
Mark cuban loves making moves so that's going to probably happen, but dallas does need some help, the team isn't very good outside luka and a healthy KP (which is never a given). Unless we do something stupid on draft night and they make some magic happen im putting the sun's above dallas

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson