• Pretty lousy, but should give most teams a good game occassionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will have a great chance for the top draft pick next year

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am once again new to the valley and been following the Clippers the last few years, after being a Suns fan for 20 years or so.

What do they need most to turn this team into one of the better teams in the league?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do we need most? Good health and continuity within the roster. We have weaknesses at a few positions, most teams do. But if we stay mostly intact and fairly healthy, I think we win more than half our games with a fair chance of making the playoffs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A Managing General Partner who hires talented people and lets them do their jobs.

And an experienced General Manager who understands and respects the need for
roster balance when stocking for a competitive NBA team.

That is the positive response. Here is the negative version.

A Managing General Partner who is not an attention getter. And a General Manager
who doesn't limit his roster fulfillment criteria to his role when he was a player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It all comes down to whether they get a legitimate starting power forward and make the right pick at #10.

Best case scenario:

50 wins and possibly even win a playoff series.

Worst case scenario:

A repeat of last season before the bubble run.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how the Suns put the team together. If the Suns add to the team rather take away I think they are a playoff team. Particularly relevant is how the Suns draft and if they sign a starting power forward in free agency.

I wish the Suns had a tough nosed defensive player behind Ayton. Too bad the Suns don't have a second round pick to draft a backup center like Udoka Azubuike.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With Paul: 45+ wins
Without Paul: 35ish wins

I suspect that if the Paul trade goes through the Suns will also likely get a top FA at the stretch 4: because that what happens when great players come play for you—other good players want to play there too.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It all comes down to whether they get a legitimate starting power forward and make the right pick at #10.

Best case scenario:

50 wins and possibly even win a playoff series.

Worst case scenario:

A repeat of last season before the bubble run.

50 wins would be insane.

you do realize the season is 72 games next year right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I suspect that if the Paul trade goes through the Suns will also likely get a top FA at the stretch 4: because that what happens when great players come play for you—other good players want to play there too.
Let me understand, in a season where the suns had 8 less games and lost Ayton for 25 games suspension, in the head coaches first season, they win 34 games. And you think they will only win one more game this season as-is.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bubble had a few games that were gimmes

and the west is even better this year

warriors are back for one

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bubble had a few games that were gimmes

and the west is even better this year

warriors are back for one

Gimme games happen in the regular season too. And there were a bunch of other teams there that had the same opportunity to win gimme games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, did a lot of good players run to the Clippers, Rockets or OKC when Paul went to those teams? I do think we'll probably be in line to get Gallinari, in large part because of Paul, but I wonder what the likelihood of him having a good season twice in a row would be?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did a lot of good players run to the Clippers, Rockets or OKC when Paul went to those teams? I do think we'll probably be in line to get Gallinari, in large part because of Paul, but I wonder what the likelihood of him having a good season twice in a row would be?

I worry about Gallinari's lack of rebounding, defense and athleticism, especially if Oubre is no longer here. We need to get much better in those areas, not worse.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I worry about Gallinari's lack of rebounding, defense and athleticism, especially if Oubre is no longer here. We need to get much better in those areas, not worse.

Not feeling Gallo on this team either especially if the reports are true about Saric being back. They’re both kinda slow footed.

And just kill me if Frank is back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree, it would be nice to get better in those areas but I worry more about his availability than his shortcomings. He puts pressure on defenses more so than any of our other role players do. It would be nice to get a player that can do that and still defend and rebound his position but they are few and far between.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gallinari’s biggest benefit is the space he will create for Ayton on offense.

Paul is a huge improvement over Rubio on that front as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I can't answer yet without knowing how the team lineup will be. Also, Last season was a disaster with Ayton between injury and being suspended. We go as far as he goes. Especially since our depth at center may basically be zero!!!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has Saric hit his peak in your opinion? Is he a backup NBA power forward but that's about his limit?

If Chris Paul and Devin Booker are our backcourt, would that entice an All Star caliber PF to come to Phoenix?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Has Saric hit his peak in your opinion? Is he a backup NBA power forward but that's about his limit?

If Chris Paul and Devin Booker are our backcourt, would that entice an All Star caliber PF to come to Phoenix?

Yes. Yes. And probably not, since we wouldn't have the cap space to sign him.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
With Chris Paul and no major injuries we should win 50+ games and make the playoffs easily. I am looking forward to Booker and Ayton & the guys experiencing winning in the NBA. Chris Paul will show them the way.

:bday:

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Why? We still have FA to nab a PF. Would rather draft our potential PG of the future.
Need more front court depth then one free agent if baynes or saric leaves can't just have Ayton , this year is all about winning for Booker worry about POF in next year's loaded draft

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson