Final record predictions

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If KM goes out with his shoulder this week, 7-9
If KM works his way through the shoulder and keeps playing, 8-8
If we get to the last week of the season and the Rams have their best playoff spot clinched, they may rest their starters and give us a chance. Being optimistic, we split with Rams turning that 7-9 to 8-8 and that 8-8 to 9-7.

If Rams beat us bad in the first game, they may have incentive for seeing us make the playoffs where they can beat us and advance. We get the win in the last game of the year with them, they whip us bad in the playoffs.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. And, the entire NFC East is below that. The NFC is really bad this year.
I don’t think the NFC is bad. I think it’s top heavy with great QBs that are hard to beat more times than not. There doesn’t seem to be a complete team, but NO defense has played really well as of late and they could be the best team in the conference.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We lose one close game on a short week to a good team and now all the sudden we are going 8-8...

This team will be fine. They have plenty of time to get prepared for NE and will be hungry to put that last loss behind them.

I still see them as a 10-6 to 11-5 team and will be very close to winning the division, but might end up like a game behind either the Rams or Seahawks.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
9-7. I was thinking 10-6 with a split of the games against the Rams but I'm now thinking we lose both of those games.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm hoping for 10 - 6. Hard to predict anything with covid playing a major role on state of rosters every week.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the NFC is bad. I think it’s top heavy with great QBs that are hard to beat more times than not. There doesn’t seem to be a complete team, but NO defense has played really well as of late and they could be the best team in the conference.
The AFC has 9 teams with winning records, the NFC 6. The top 2 teams are in the AFC. The NFC has an entire division with no team with more than 3 wins. The AFC has had the upper hand, so far.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyle Shanny a good coach, but something always goes wrong when he coaches against us. Even his best team last year, despite sweeping us, we played real close in both contests.

Outside of Philly, that’s the game I’m most confident we’ll win.

Get swept by the Rams & I could see a loss to the Giants.
I could see a loss to Philly before a loss to the Giants. Jones is horrible imo & Wentz is streaky.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree. The prevailing wisdom seems to be that because the NFC doesn't have 1 or 2 dominant teams that the NFC is bad. I think it's the opposite.

The NFC doesn't have any dominant teams because there are so many competitive teams. The whole NFC is a bit like the NFC West. There isn't anyone running away because everyone is capable of beating each other.

Whereas the AFC has more teams that aren't so competitive and so it's more popsided.

The Brown's have been pretty average yet are 7-3.

Teams like the Texans, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens even the Titans have all dropped off. The reason the AFC has the 2 best records in football isn't because it's a better division, it's because it got worse.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could see a loss to Philly before a loss to the Giants. Jones is horrible imo & Wentz is streaky.
Both are horrible, but the Giants have pretty much been playing discipline & competitive football all season outside the Niners game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. The prevailing wisdom seems to be that because the NFC doesn't have 1 or 2 dominant teams that the NFC is bad. I think it's the opposite.

The NFC doesn't have any dominant teams because there are so many competitive teams. The whole NFC is a bit like the NFC West. There isn't anyone running away because everyone is capable of beating each other.

Whereas the AFC has more teams that aren't so competitive and so it's more popsided.

The Brown's have been pretty average yet are 7-3.

Teams like the Texans, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens even the Titans have all dropped off. The reason the AFC has the 2 best records in football isn't because it's a better division, it's because it got worse.

AFC has the edge over NFC in inter conference games.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AFC has the edge over NFC in inter conference games.

The AFC has the 2 best teams in football right now for sure. I don't think that makes the AFC significantly better than the NFC overall. I think they have the edge, but it's not as big people think.

I think the perfect illustration if this is in the current records. The AFC has the only 10-0 team but also the only 0-10 team. They have the only 9-1 team but also the only 1-9 team. They also have a 2-7-1 team. They are better at the top, but worse at the bottom.

The NFC's worst team has 3 wins, their best 8. The top isn't as good, the bottom isn't as bad, the quality is more condensed. There is more potential for anyone to win on a given day and you see things like the Cowboys beat the Vikings, but the Vikings beat the Packers.

Also, let's be honest. The entire NFC is being dragged down by the NFC East this year.

Last edited:

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
its realistic the Cardinals go 3-3 in their final 6 games, that would get them to 9-7! But even 8-8 should be enough to clinch the 7th seed in the NFC playoffs as the Cardinals would win most tiebreakers (with 6 or more conference wins)

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Strictly based on line/power rankings:
1. -2.5 @NE
2. -2 vs LA
3. -1 at NYG
4. -7 vs PHI
5. -7 vs SF
6. +4 @LA

4-2 is my guess for 10-6 total

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AFC has the 2 best teams in football right now for sure. I don't think that makes the AFC significantly better than the NFC overall. I think they have the edge, but it's not as big people think.

I think the perfect illustration if this is in the current records. The AFC has the only 10-0 team but also the only 0-10 team. They have the only 9-1 team but also the only 1-9 team. They also have a 2-7-1 team. They are better at the top, but worse at the bottom.

The NFC's worst team has 3 wins, their best 8. The top isn't as good, the bottom isn't as bad, the quality is more condensed. There is more potential for anyone to win on a given day and you see things like the Cowboys beat the Vikings, but the Vikings beat the Packers.

Also, let's be honest. The entire NFC is being dragged down by the NFC East this year.

I really can't argue with any of that. I just hope we beat the Patriots to strengthen your point!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assuming Murray is functional I think they start to understand who they can be; 10-6. This mini-break should have helped immensely.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The AFC has 9 teams with winning records, the NFC 6. The top 2 teams are in the AFC. The NFC has an entire division with no team with more than 3 wins. The AFC has had the upper hand, so far.
The AFC also has teams like Cleveland, Vegas, and Miami who aren’t as good as their records indicate IMO. Nevertheless you’re correct that they have the upper hand in total wins. The NFC is 18-20-1 vs the AFC and that’s with the NFC East going 2-6-1. I think the top 2 teams in the AFC are better than the top 2 in the NFC, but the bottom 3 teams in the AFC are worse than anything the NFC.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strictly based on line/power rankings:
2. -2 vs LA
6. +4 @LA
A bit off topic, but are you assuming a 3 point edge for home teams?? Thus far this season, home teams have won by an average of 0.5 points.

Interestingly, aside from the pandemic, HFA has been declining over the last few years:

2016: 3.1
2017: 2.7
2018: 2.0
2019: 0.3 (!)

...dave

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The AFC also has teams like Cleveland, Vegas, and Miami who aren’t as good as their records indicate IMO. Nevertheless you’re correct that they have the upper hand in total wins. The NFC is 18-20-1 vs the AFC and that’s with the NFC East going 2-6-1. I think the top 2 teams in the AFC are better than the top 2 in the NFC, but the bottom 3 teams in the AFC are worse than anything the NFC.
What makes them not as good as their records?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose