Final record predictions

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Given what we have seen so far and with 10 games left what do you predict our final record will be?

It's a really tough one to predict. Not only are they up and down from game to game but they are up and down in the games themselves. We are probably the least consistent team in the league with the ability to beat anyone, and the ability to lose to anyone.

The 3 games we should win are Pats, Eagles and Giants. But those NFC East teams are improving (albeit from total garbage to slightly less garbage). I think we lose 1 of the 3, maybe even the Pats on Sunday.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I think the Rams sweep us again. I think it's a just bad match up. Their strengths are weaknesses for us. Their weaknesses are also weaknesses for us :) They have a top 3 run D and have only allowed 5 deep ball completions all season. You have to hit them with the intermediate passes and we are weak there. Also the short passes with YAC and we are not good getting YAC.

To stop them on offense we need to contain Goff in the pocket and pressure him but our pass rush and D line is depleted. They are better coached and have better game plans too. I just don't see wins.

That leaves the Niners, who on their day can still beat good teams. It depends who they get back from injury and if we get anyone back on the D line. Could go either way.

With all that in mind I think 9-7 tops, but wouldn't be at all surprised if we finished 8-8.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8-8 might get the 7th seed. I look at the Bears who seem to be the only serious contender and there might be 2 sure fire wins. 3 max. To make them 8-8 also.

In which case I think it comes down to in division record which we should be ok with if we beat the Niners.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
11-5

We split with the Rams but I really dont see how this team doesnt roll the non-Ram opponents coming up unless Kliff is coaching on behalf of Vegas bookies

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Shanny a good coach, but something always goes wrong when he coaches against us. Even his best team last year, despite sweeping us, we played real close in both contests.

Outside of Philly, that’s the game I’m most confident we’ll win.

Get swept by the Rams & I could see a loss to the Giants.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm looking at Lions, Panthers, Miami and shaking my head right now. We all thought we would roll them too.

This will be a great test for Kliff

Good coaches make sure their team beat who they are supposed to beat with relative consistency

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the rams they are just a bad matchup. I honestly don't know how they have 3 losses, I haven't watched them that much but Donald is so good teams double and at times triple him which opens up the edge, opens up for them to be aggressive in coverage with CB's because they know they can get pressure with 4 guys. If you saw last night the picks were a combination of safeties who were sitting in zone, and good pressure on Brady.

My sincere hope for Sunday is we get ahead early, can run the ball to work the clock, being behind forces them to pass which they struggle at now. Then we get into a situation where we can sit Kyler say part of the 4th quarter both to get Streveler some live action and to rest Kyler and protect the shoulder for teh Rams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed on the rams they are just a bad matchup. I honestly don't know how they have 3 losses, I haven't watched them that much but Donald is so good teams double and at times triple him which opens up the edge, opens up for them to be aggressive in coverage with CB's because they know they can get pressure with 4 guys. If you saw last night the picks were a combination of safeties who were sitting in zone, and good pressure on Brady.

My sincere hope for Sunday is we get ahead early, can run the ball to work the clock, being behind forces them to pass which they struggle at now. Then we get into a situation where we can sit Kyler say part of the 4th quarter both to get Streveler some live action and to rest Kyler and protect the shoulder for teh Rams.
Buffalo boat raced them in the 1st half

Shanny has McVay’s number when talent isn’t absolutely lopsided

Flores had the same game plan against McVay that he did in the SB.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see a game that we run away with, only the Niners have done that to them. Even the Chiefs with Hoyer at QB was only 3-6 at the half.

I fully expect Kliff to try "Niner" them. He's going to revert back to all that underneath passing crap we suck at even though it's vastly different to what the Niners do with lot's of pre snap motion, and passes over the middle to receivers in motion. The Niners get lots of YAC. We get tackled for 2 yard losses.

I have no faith in Kliff's game plans at the moment. I fully expect him to overthink it and create a mess.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at Lions, Panthers, Miami and shaking my head right now. We all thought we would roll them too.
Kyler blew the Lions game.

Although we got the lead back by running him that last td drive. No idea why we didnt stick with that since he didnt have it throwing.

Panthers game was a full team effort. Probably should have let Budda play (he's the heart and soul of this team) and just let him miss the Jets game the following week.

Dolphins game...still not sure how we lost that one. Get we didnt have our corners, but man we still should have won.

Growing pains I guess.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buffalo boat raced them in the 1st half

Shanny has McVay’s number when talent isn’t absolutely lopsided

Flores had the same game plan against McVay that he did in the SB.

I think the Rams have improved a lot since the Bills game. They were still putting some things together on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel we got a better shot at beating the Chiefs than the Rams once in two games. lol

I wouldn't disagree. It's all about how we match up and the Rams are probably the worst matchup in the NFL for us. Closely followed by the Saints.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the rams will sweep us. We’ll beat the giants, eagles, niners. NE is a tough game for lots of reasons, east coast, cold weather, bill b. I’ll be very impressed for a week if we can get a W in foxboro. 10-6 gets us in I think/hope.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
9-7 also. Rams D and those receivers will be too much and they will sweep us. Will beat the Niners but will fall in one of games vs the Pats, Giants, Eagles. Will consider this a very successful season and a great one to build on.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
9-7 will get us in!! I think we go 10-6 though. I think we actually beat the Rams once. I think you are giving them to much credit. They are not steam rolling teams. Tampa gave that game away. Especially the last pass. You need a fg to force Ot with 140 left. Why throw a 40 yard pass anyway? Coaches don’t use the clock better and what the defense gives you. The Rams also struggled against the Bears a few weeks ago. I think this weekend is the biggest by far!! Because if we lose it gives us no Lee way!! Win this and we are 7-4. And almost a lock for the playoffs. Remember Chicago would have to go 4-2 just get to 9 wins!!! Beat the Patriots and every one here will feel that this team can now win anywhere. Lose this weekend and we have to go 3-2 just to get to 9 wins!!! Win this weekend and we can get swept by the Rams and lose another game. After our run in 2008. I don’t care how we look just get in! Kyler is a nightmare matchup for anyone if he is running and we can beat anyone in the NFC.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
10-6. Maybe 9-7. Playoff team with either record. Even 8-8 could make playoffs in NFC.

Here are our closet pursuers...

Bears 5-5
Lions 4-6
Vikings 4-6
NIners 4-6
Panthers 4-7

None of those teams will catch us. They all have tough schedules to close out the season. The 7 seed, or higher, is ours as long as we don’t implode.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I am going to say 7-8 with the SF game as a game that could go either way and push the season record to 8-8 or 7-9, simply because it's a divisional game and the Niners may be in a spoiler position when they play the Cardinals.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Thing is week 17 could potentially decide if we play the Rams the following week in the playoffs.

So maybe the 3rd time would be a charm?

I doubt it. I don't see anywhere on either side where we favourably match up.
None of those teams will catch us. They all have tough schedules to close out the season. The 7 seed, or higher, is ours as long as we don’t implode.

If I ever saw a jinx this is it

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly. And, the entire NFC East is below that. The NFC is really bad this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose