Final record predictions

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BritCard, Nov 24, 2020.

1. az jam

az jam Registered User

9 - 7 hopefully.

2. AZfaninMN

AZfaninMN Registered

I don’t think the NFC is bad. I think it’s top heavy with great QBs that are hard to beat more times than not. There doesn’t seem to be a complete team, but NO defense has played really well as of late and they could be the best team in the conference.

3. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

We lose one close game on a short week to a good team and now all the sudden we are going 8-8...

This team will be fine. They have plenty of time to get prepared for NE and will be hungry to put that last loss behind them.

I still see them as a 10-6 to 11-5 team and will be very close to winning the division, but might end up like a game behind either the Rams or Seahawks.

AZfaninMN, Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  4. Metcalf Rules

Metcalf Rules Registered

Since we have 10 games left that must mean we’re going to the Super Bowl. I’ll take it!

5. Proteus

Proteus Registered

9-7. I was thinking 10-6 with a split of the games against the Rams but I'm now thinking we lose both of those games.

6. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

I'm hoping for 10 - 6. Hard to predict anything with covid playing a major role on state of rosters every week.

7. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

The AFC has 9 teams with winning records, the NFC 6. The top 2 teams are in the AFC. The NFC has an entire division with no team with more than 3 wins. The AFC has had the upper hand, so far.

8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I could see a loss to Philly before a loss to the Giants. Jones is horrible imo & Wentz is streaky.

9. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I agree. The prevailing wisdom seems to be that because the NFC doesn't have 1 or 2 dominant teams that the NFC is bad. I think it's the opposite.

The NFC doesn't have any dominant teams because there are so many competitive teams. The whole NFC is a bit like the NFC West. There isn't anyone running away because everyone is capable of beating each other.

Whereas the AFC has more teams that aren't so competitive and so it's more popsided.

The Brown's have been pretty average yet are 7-3.

Teams like the Texans, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens even the Titans have all dropped off. The reason the AFC has the 2 best records in football isn't because it's a better division, it's because it got worse.

AZfaninMN likes this.
  10. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Opps, lol. I meant 10 games gone obvs :)

11. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Both are horrible, but the Giants have pretty much been playing discipline & competitive football all season outside the Niners game.

12. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

AFC has the edge over NFC in inter conference games.

13. BritCard

BritCard Registered

The AFC has the 2 best teams in football right now for sure. I don't think that makes the AFC significantly better than the NFC overall. I think they have the edge, but it's not as big people think.

I think the perfect illustration if this is in the current records. The AFC has the only 10-0 team but also the only 0-10 team. They have the only 9-1 team but also the only 1-9 team. They also have a 2-7-1 team. They are better at the top, but worse at the bottom.

The NFC's worst team has 3 wins, their best 8. The top isn't as good, the bottom isn't as bad, the quality is more condensed. There is more potential for anyone to win on a given day and you see things like the Cowboys beat the Vikings, but the Vikings beat the Packers.

Also, let's be honest. The entire NFC is being dragged down by the NFC East this year.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    AZfaninMN likes this.
  14. AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin Our waiting is over!

its realistic the Cardinals go 3-3 in their final 6 games, that would get them to 9-7! But even 8-8 should be enough to clinch the 7th seed in the NFC playoffs as the Cardinals would win most tiebreakers (with 6 or more conference wins)

15. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Registered

Strictly based on line/power rankings:
    1. -2.5 @NE
    2. -2 vs LA
    3. -1 at NYG
    4. -7 vs PHI
    5. -7 vs SF
    6. +4 @LA

4-2 is my guess for 10-6 total