Simmons

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is the second highest rated LB since week 6 at (85.2) according to PFF . Keim desperately needs this pick to work out as HES likely drafting heavy D in the 21 draft with some complimentary pieces for Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering our injury issues on the D line it makes sense to switch to a 4-3 and have Simmons, Hicks and Campbell start. Reddick is too small to play from a 3 point stance but theres no reason the edge guys can't stay stood up.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering our injury issues on the D line it makes sense to switch to a 4-3 and have Simmons, Hicks and Campbell start. Reddick is too small to play from a 3 point stance but theres no reason the edge guys can't stay stood up.

I would bench Hicks in this case, to be honest I would bench him in every scenario possible
They won't switch to a 4/3 but if we play the game I would do this:
Rolb simmons
Mlb Campbell l/Tallejo
Lolb Reddick

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We can’t say he would be further along but yeah, play him now!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

your not switching your entire defensive philosophy and playbook mid season that’s crazy

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is the second highest rated LB since week 6 at (85.2) according to PFF . Keim desperately needs this pick to work out as HES likely drafting heavy D in the 21 draft with some complimentary pieces for Kyler.

Getting rid of Peterson and Fitz frees up a ton of money alone. I’d bring back Peterson at FS and just let him roam but I’m asking him to take a big pay cut.

I’m giving Clowney 17 million a year, giving the Jets a 2 for Quinnen Williams

Clowney, Peters, Williams up front

Jones, Simmons, Redick at LB plus whoever else now that front 7 looks crazy if Simmons and Redick keep improving

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting rid of Peterson and Fitz frees up a ton of money alone. I’d bring back Peterson at FS and just let him roam but I’m asking him to take a big pay cut.

Jones, Simmons, Redick at LB plus whoever else now that front 7 looks crazy if Simmons and Redick keep improving
????? Clowney not only isn’t a 3-4 DE, he’d be our 4th best OLB lol.
Jones>>>>>>Clowney
Reddick>>>Clowney
Golden>Clowney
Kennard+10mil>>>>>>>>Clowney
If we were going to spend 17 mil on a LB (which we won’t) it would be significantly better spent on Reddick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
your not switching your entire defensive philosophy and playbook mid season that’s crazy

What's changing philosophy?

We play 3-4 on 1st down only. 66% of the time we're in a 4 man front with nickel defense.

Its literally just doing that on 1st down too but with Simmons as nickel linebacker. Which isn't changing anything considering that's what they intended to do pre season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
????? Clowney not only isn’t a 3-4 DE, he’d be our 4th best OLB lol.
Jones>>>>>>Clowney
Reddick>>>Clowney
Golden>Clowney
Kennard+10mil>>>>>>>>Clowney
If we were going to spend 17 mil on a LB (which we won’t) it would be significantly better spent on Reddick.

you use Clowney like you use CC. Nobody plays 1 set all the time anymore. Those days are gone. Asking him to be a LB is just silly come on now

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Clowney is garbage. He’s never amassed 10 sacks in his career and has a whopping 0 sacks this year. I’m not paying him a dime. Rather have Reddick and Golden for the same price you’d pay him.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Took Simmons some time to figure out where he needed to be on the field. He has progressed nicely and I give the coaches credit for this. The guy is a sure tackler which is great to see. He and Murphy wrap up and are the best tacklers on the D.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Took Simmons some time to figure out where he needed to be on the field. He has progressed nicely and I give the coaches credit for this. The guy is a sure tackler which is great to see. He and Murphy wrap up and are the best tacklers on the D.
We just need to teach better technique in coverage to Budda and Murphy and we're all set! ;)

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am getting tired of going back between the 3-4 and the 4-3. You can’t draft for the future if you keep switching. Pick a system and then hire coaching around it. That being said, I prefer the 3-4. I hope Simmons does well and am happy to see him contributing but I am not completely sold yet. Need to see him next year after Vance Joseph is gone

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Clowney is garbage. He’s never amassed 10 sacks in his career and has a whopping 0 sacks this year. I’m not paying him a dime. Rather have Reddick and Golden for the same price you’d pay him.

His final year in college proved his lack of work ethic. He has the talent to be a transformative Khalil Mack level monster but he doesn’t have a motor

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you use Clowney like you use CC. Nobody plays 1 set all the time anymore. Those days are gone. Asking him to be a LB is just silly come on now
Huh? By “CC” do you mean Calais Campbell, who is 50 pounds heavier than Clowney? This is pretty simple. There’s not a 250lb 3-4 DE in the entire NFL. You’re not going to win this one lol. Not even close. Clowney is a LB in a 3-4. If I had to be the one to let you know, you’re welcome.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He better start his speed strength should be valuable vs cam.... he looked light years ahead of his 1st gm vs Seahawks ugh dre that 4th down stop could have been huge granted if Seahawks didn't go for it.... hyde did have a huge run next play

Soooooo anxious on next sun.... biggest gm if the season so far

Ill be watching with a few beers in my belly probably

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do you recall being handled more poorly?

DRC didn’t play much the first half of his rookie year and really turned it on after that. Pat P only made the pro bowl his rookie year because of ST. Reddick was put in the wrong damn position his first 3-1/2 years. Calvin Pace was played at the wrong position his whole career here. Buccanon was moved to LB his rookie year because of injuries. Humphries was inactive his rookie year. I could go on and on and this is just our team.

Neither one of us would have any clue what the deal was with Simmons. I know nothing about how he does in meetings or practice, just like you. I don’t always like the results we get from Joseph’s D but no GM’s are banging down either of our doors to come coach their squad. For all we know, Joseph handled the situation perfectly. All we know for certain is that Simmons was a liability against SF and he has been much better since he started seeing the field regularly again. He didn’t play much the first half of the season. Big deal. He’s a rookie. Most of this board was calling the kid a bust until a few weeks ago. When those posters lining up for their crowburgers? Funny how the same people are continuously wrong about this stuff yet insist on relentlessly throwing their opinions out there as factual. I thought Mitch was totally out but it seems these days like he just created 15 new accounts on here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn