Free Agency 2020

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about Danny Ainge playing hardball with Indiana and losing Hayward for nothing. Reports were Miles Turner and Doug McDermott were involved in a potential return package.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The key part being "superior players". As with Saric and Cam, I don't doubt that Crowder hustles and puts forth his all defensively. He has just lost about 3 steps, particularly laterally and in terms of leaping ability, and it shows.

Maybe in a marathon. Three steps on a basketball court is a heck of a lot, you don't often see that in 30 year olds whose legs are still attached.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Team could use a legit scoring gaurd off the bench, such as Burks, hardaway jr.

CP3 / Carter/ Okobo
Booker / Payne
Bridges / Cam
Crowder / Saric (RFA)
Ayton / J.Smith /Dialo

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
how would the bucks have come up with 44 million bucks in salary without gutting the team?
I mean we only sent out 35m and the Bucks could have surpassed that amount with just Bledsoe, Hill and Lopez and they could have only took Paul back to lower the incoming salary that we got with Nader.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No bottom line is that you believe he caved because you see no good reason.

You are completely overlooking the Bucks. They absolutely could have put a package together to get Paul that would have resembled the one we did.

They may have felt the price a was a little too steep in the end, but they were at least one other team showing interest. They probably just weren't willing to match our offer once we made it.

It worked out pretty well for them though because they were able to later pull a trade for Jrue.

It does not matter. Paul wanted to go to the Suns.

What is that package you are talking about - Bledsoe, Illiasova, George Hill, and Robin Lopez? You think that is better than Rubio and Oubre - cause I don't think OKC would have thought so.

How would OKC get 2 firsts out of that group like the did for Rubio and Oubre?

You think Millwaukee would throw them in?

Jones had the upper hand, but he was too stupid to realize it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would be concerned if “draft consensus” had a track record of being consistently right and never missing. Draft analysis is very very hard and so much depends on player development staff and coaching. Cam Johnson is a good early feather in the Suns’ current PDS and coaching.
I wasn’t arguing against the pick, just disagreeing with chap’s characterization of “consensus.” I’m fine with Jalen selection though I recognize his likely warts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You may disagree, but I DID read that. But hey, if that helps perpetuate the fantasy that James Jones is a horrible GM, then so be it. (Not saying you follow that opinion, as I believe you do not)
I’m not saying you didn’t read it anywhere. I’m just saying it wasn’t “consensus.”

And you’re right, I’m not a jones hater. Fan? Not yet. Still in wait and see mode.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean we only sent out 35m and the Bucks could have surpassed that amount with just Bledsoe, Hill and Lopez and they could have only took Paul back to lower the incoming salary that we got with Nader.

they don’t get the cap relief there with Bledsoe still having three years left on his terrible deal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Team could use a legit scoring gaurd off the bench, such as Burks, hardaway jr.

CP3 / Carter/ Okobo
Booker / Payne
Bridges / Cam
Crowder / Saric (RFA)
Ayton / J.Smith /Dialo

More like:

CP3/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Nader
???/Cam/Crowder/Smith
Ayton/Saric/Smith

Diallo has been let go. Saric can't play the 4. Cam can't play the 3. Smith can play both the 4 and the 5 on a very limited basis until he physically develops.

We do very much need a back-up scoring combo guard, but we also still need a starting 4 and a back-up 3.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It does not matter. Paul wanted to go to the Suns.

What is that package you are talking about - Bledsoe, Illiasova, George Hill, and Robin Lopez? You think that is better than Rubio and Oubre - cause I don't think OKC would have thought so.

How would OKC get 2 firsts out of that group like the did for Rubio and Oubre?

You think Millwaukee would throw them in?

Jones had the upper hand, but he was too stupid to realize it.
With more draft compensation, absolutely. That has been their entire aim in this free agency is making moves to get as many draft picks as possible.

Look what they did with both Rubio and Oubre. Traded Rubio to Minnesota just to move up to #17 from #28 in the draft and traded Oubre to GS for a protected 2021 pick.

It's not like they were planning to build a team around the guys they got back and they still could have flipped the players they would have gotten from Milwaukee.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what about Baynes. Are the Pels still interested or is the Steve Adams acquisition where they stop. Where else would Baynes want to go? What other teams have the space to sign him? Who is pushing to get out?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So what about Baynes. Are the Pels still interested or is the Steve Adams acquisition where they stop. Where else would Baynes want to go? What other teams have the space to sign him? Who is pushing to get out?

Boston will likely sign him for their MLE.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No way with Pels now. I think cheese is onto something with clippers? Maybe still Boston?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I swear Phoenix Suns could have done this:

Ayton, Booker, Paul, Lebron, Giannis and I can hear it all now. Giannis and Ayton can't play together! Lebron and Paul are both too old! We need a true PF! Who is going to be the back up PG? How does this help our bench? Too many egos and not enough role players. Etc. Etc. Etc!!!

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way with Pels now. I think cheese is onto something with clippers? Maybe still Boston?

Unless Boston is willing to trade Marcus Smart (fat chance), there is nobody there that would move the needle for us in a sign and trade. With respect to the Clippers, I don't see them moving Lou Williams (though that would be pretty darn perfect for us). Perhaps Patrick Beverley or a signed-and-traded Reggie Jackson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA