Free Agency 2020

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Organizational dumbassery like flubbing Bogdan deal is just more insight into the caliber of the organization

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They got lucky and drafted a generational player in Giannis.

AND THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY OVER THE CAP TO ADD TO THE TEAM. The CBA isn’t doing ANYTHING to hold them back.

Again, Phoenix is NOT A SMALL MARKET. We used to be a preferred FA destination.

The CBA isn’t hamstringing us. Our owner is.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How much would you like to bet
at evens? Or are you going to slink away and make a bunch of excuses?

They upgraded at point guard but downgraded just as much at forward and center and in terms of sacrificing depth.

That is a recipe for finishing with roughly the same record as last season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the same contender that almost got swept by a Heat team that missed the playoffs the year before?

What I’m saying is that the Bucks are a paper contender, but their playoff failures are not “just happening”.
I still don’t understand how that has anything to do with the fact that the bucks owner is willing to make moves to try to win and attracting players that can help do so compared to Paul and Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I liked both Augustine and Portis. I thought they would of been great additions. We couldn’t of beaten both deals but we could of beaten one of the deals and gotten one of the players (assuming they wanted to come here). I just don’t think our season rises or fall on whether or not we brought in one of Augustine or Portis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you shouldn't make a play to become better if it doesn't mean you will be an immediate title contender?

A team does not sign a 35 year old star past his prime for huge money unless they are going for it now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In a 72 games season I think this team is winning at a bare minimum 40. Only way 34 happens is if Paul is dealing with injury all year.
Agreed. Barring some unforeseen catastrophe I think they win 46-47 games. Equivalent of 53 wins in normal season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There it is.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think there is a time to be pissed of at what was done or wasn’t done during free agency. I just don’t think that time is now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked both Augustine and Portis. I thought they would of been great additions. We couldn’t of beaten both deals but we could of beaten one of the deals and gotten one of the players (assuming they wanted to come here). I just don’t think our season rises or fall on whether or not we brought in one of Augustine or Portis.

it’s not about whether the season rises or falls... it’s about possibly watching the Suns, yet again, not makes moves that could put themselves in the best position to win because of money.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems like a James Jones signing. Not sure why I didn't predict it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A team does not sign a 35 year old star past his prime for huge money unless they are going for it now.

agreed... and give up future assets. It just looks like window dressing without more moves going for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AND THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY OVER THE CAP TO ADD TO THE TEAM. The CBA isn’t doing ANYTHING to hold them back.

Again, Phoenix is NOT A SMALL MARKET. We used to be a preferred FA destination.

The CBA isn’t hamstringing us. Our owner is.

Every Suns fan I knows thinks the Suns need a new owner. If an owner can't compete, they need to find another business.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard