Free Agency 2020

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw a tweet that Milwaukee just cut Ersan. I assume that means that the Bogdon trade has fallen through.

Bogdon would be a nice get for this team if it was possible.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw a tweet that Milwaukee just cut Ersan. I assume that means that the Bogdon trade has fallen through.

He wants to start and we can't offer him that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns had salary space I would like Bogdan Bogdanovic or Jordon Clarkson on the Suns. Actually I think Clarkson would be the better fit as he is a combo guard. He came off the bench at Utah.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns had salary space I would like Bogdan Bogdanovic or Jordon Clarkson on the Suns. Actually I think Clarkson would be the better fit as he is a combo guard. He came off the bench at Utah.
Looks like there are going to be a lot of options to fill out this roster.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The $5 million is real money even if it's not out of our pocket. I understand your point but I didn't
Not picking up his option severely limits us in making any sort of off season or in season trades though. I don’t see any downside to keeping him other than the roster spot and Sarver’s wallet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad Wanamaker was released by Boston. He would be a third point guard. He always seems to play hard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not picking up his option severely limits us in making any sort of off season or in season trades though. I don’t see any downside to keeping him other than the roster spot and Sarver’s wallet.

If Sarver is willing to go over the salary cap I'm not going to ask him to spend $5 million on a player that likely won't get a lot of playing time. I agree he might be used to make a trade work. Maybe I'm just happy Sarver is spending money to improve the team in the time of tight money due to the coronavirus.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Sarver is willing to go over the salary cap I'm not going to ask him to spend $5 million on a player that likely won't get a lot of playing time. I agree he might be used to make a trade work. Maybe I'm just happy Sarver is spending money to improve the team in the time of tight money due to the coronavirus.

We'll soon see if Sarver really is willing to improve the team (he needs to use the MLE and BAE to fill holes to demonstrate that to me), or if trading for Paul is just a gimmick to generate merch sales...

JerkFace

Reaction score
I guess I more or less agree with this, or at least I understand your sentiments. I just liked the options and flexibility that picking up the option brought. As a pure basketball move it was a no brainer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We'll soon see if Sarver really is willing to improve the team (he needs to use the MLE and BAE to fill holes to demonstrate that to me), or if trading for Paul is just a gimmick to generate merch sales...
We still physically need a couple more guys on the roster so I will be surprised if they don't use those.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I more or less agree with this, or at least I understand your sentiments. I just liked the options and flexibility that picking up the option brought. As a pure basketball move it was a no brainer.

I guess we will find out soon enough if Sarver is willing to improve the Suns.

Perhaps I will be complaining later if he goes cheap on the roster additions. :mrgreen:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We still physically need a couple more guys on the roster so I will be surprised if they don't use those.

The question is whether he actually uses the MLE and BAE, or if he instead brings in veteran minimum and G League guys. We should know shortly.

JerkFace

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we will find out soon enough if Sarver is willing to improve the Suns.

Perhaps I will be complaining later if he goes cheap on the roster additions. :mrgreen:

It sounded like James was planning on trying to spend the exceptions. But it probably depends on the quality of player willing to sign one with us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounded like James was planning on trying to spend the exceptions. But it probably depends on the quality of player willing to sign one with us.

It should all come together soon. Maybe we will start hearing about where free agents go beginning tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon Hayward opts out of $34M contract for 2020-21.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson