Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as I like Cam Johnson he is not the difference maker. The difference maker is expected to be Chris Paul. Also if the Suns sign a starting power forward.

Big IF, as it is being reported that the trade is going down now, which means we have only the MLE to spend.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Poor Rubio
just tweeted
"what a business"
with an upside down smileyface

I hear ya Ricky thats why noone with a choice will ever join this team.

James Jones has a fiduciary obligation to make the team as good as he possibly can. I feel bad for Ricky, but his feelings aren’t Jones’ obligation.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm conflicted. Paul undoubtedly is an upgrade over Rubio, even at this stage of his career.

My biggest concern is actually chemistry. Somebody else mentioned it earlier, but the improvement in the team culture/chemistry this past season was palpable, especially in the bubble. Messing with this is risky business, as is adding now increased expectations for the team.

That being said, it's Chris f*ing Paul.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mikal is a below average athlete. So are Cam and Booker. That was the knock on all three coming out of college. The reason Bridges is an effective defender is that he has unusually long arms. Cam and Booker do not, and so they naturally are subpar defenders.

Ayton is the only above average athlete we have left among our primary rotation players.

athleticism is about more than running and jumping of course; coordination and timing are components of athleticism and he has both in spades; he’s also obviously an above average twitch guy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was worth the risk...UNTIL Jones caved and sweetened the pot by including Lecque and especially the pick in the double draft.

The pick I get being irked about but throwing Lecque into any bitching is laughable and just another reason people don’t take you seriously, even when you’ve been proven right about things before.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as I like Cam Johnson he is not the difference maker. The difference maker is expected to be Chris Paul. Also if the Suns sign a starting power forward.

Valuing a pick that Booker may not even play with over a good NBA player right now is just bad business.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big IF, as it is being reported that the trade is going down now, which means we have only the MLE to spend.

This is what we don't know. If the MLE is all we have then Cam Johnson is probably the Suns starting power forward.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm conflicted. Paul undoubtedly is an upgrade over Rubio, even at this stage of his career.

My biggest concern is actually chemistry. Somebody else mentioned it earlier, but the improvement in the team culture/chemistry this past season was palpable, especially in the bubble. Messing with this is risky business, as is adding now increased expectations for the team.

That being said, it's Chris f*ing Paul.

this chemistry talk is so funny

Chris Paul makes the playoffs every year no matter who he’s with. Hmmmmmm real tough call here....

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
James Jones has a fiduciary obligation to make the team as good as he possibly can. I feel bad for Ricky, but his feelings aren’t Jones’ obligation.
Thats true and players notice how you treat your players

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
this chemistry talk is so funny

Chris Paul makes the playoffs every year no matter who he’s with. Hmmmmmm real tough call here....
Not to mention we will have virtually everyone back that was playing in the bubble. The main exception being Paul instead of Rubio.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valuing a pick that Booker may not even play with over a good NBA player right now is just bad business.

If it took signing Chris Paul to keep Devin Booker you do it. I never said otherwise. I simply think there were better trades to be made.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
athleticism is about more than running and jumping of course; coordination and timing are components of athleticism and he has both in spades; he’s also obviously an above average twitch guy

Actually, no. He just has really, really long arms.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker has EVERY RIGHT to demand out this year if the FO didn’t take big strides to improve the team. It’s like fans are an abusive spouse that gets big mad when their partner wants to get a divorce.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not to mention we will have virtually everyone back that was playing in the bubble. The main exception being Paul instead of Rubio.

Yup. Mr. Oubre was so crucial to the team chemistry in the bubble with his sideline celebrations.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The pick I get being irked about but throwing Lecque into any bitching is laughable and just another reason people don’t take you seriously, even when you’ve been proven right about things before.

My point was that I didn't think ANY asset should have been thrown in beyond Rubio, Oubre and Jerome. I am FAR more upset about the pick than Lecque.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am OK the way this trade is structured. If we get a PF, we will be good. Assuming we can keep the bench we have left in tact.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And there goes any little good vibes I had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This clown thinks Lecque is an “asset” that should not be thrown in to get Chris Paul.

what a time to be alive

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And there goes any little good vibes I had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we see here why James Jones has no business being a GM. Get ready for a second consecutive year without a legitimate starting power forward.

We needed a power forward, and our GM went and got us a...point guard. Seem familiar? (See Ryan McDonough after the 48-34 season. We all know how that worked out...)

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
I like the trade. Oubre and Rubio wern't going to get us over the hump. Chris Paul will almost certainly light a fire under Ayton! He provides veteran leadership while also being able to take over a game.

Now we need to find a backup Center and a starting caliber PF.