Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible, as it's never happened during their respective careers. What leads you to believe this next year will be different?

yeah... I can’t imagine how someone comes to that conclusion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not make this trade. I think Rubio will be better than CP3 next year. It's not about what they have been but what they will be. I am fine with including Oubre, but putting all our eggs in the CP3 basket with his age and history of health is too dangerous IMO.

I don't know how you can say Rubio will be better than CP3.

I too am nervous about CP3 degrading, but he was way better than Rubio last season so that would be one heck of a drop in performance.

Also, I don't expect Rubio to shoot as well as he did again last season, because he has never shot that well before. CP3 plays kind of an old man game anyway, he doesn't rely much on athleticism, so really I think it is more about injuries with him than anything that worries me.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we get CP someone needs to lure Joe Proski out of retirement to work some of that magic on his old bones. If Paul is working on bringing a PF with him that would be nice.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we get CP someone needs to lure Joe Proski out of retirement to work some of that magic on his old bones. If Paul is working on bringing a PF with him that would be nice.

we once had the best medical staff in the NBA don’t even know if we have one now

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sounds like they are trying to pry the 10th pick from us, but so far Jones is holding firm

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s old but where is this “decline” you speak of? He almost single-handedly got OKC to the playoffs.
I don't know. Maybe his stats? Career low in assist, near career low in scoring (was lower when he had to share scoring with Harden), career low in steals, 35 years old. You do not really expect a 35-year-old to bump up those numbers do you? Really? I would expect about 50 games from him given his health track record and age.

Such a deal would not be the end of the world, but its not one I would make.

I am also a Suns fan and remember the early Phoenix retirements of Ariza, Chandler, and a host of other players who used the Suns as a nice place to coast out their time. I am a bit jaded.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul is in decline and I doubt will play a full year.

Paul in decline was a member of the 2nd Team All-NBA squad. Rubio has never and will never sniff that impact in his entire career.

let’s also remember that Rubio missed 7 games last year and then got 1.5 months off before he finished the season. And the season precious to that he missed 14 games with injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like they are trying to pry the 10th pick from us, but so far Jones is holding firm

we should not deal that 10th pick. That’s where I draw the line on that deal. That pick is what hopefully will be the bridge from the Chris Paul era to the fully formed Booker/Ayton era.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we should not deal that 10th pick. That’s where I draw the line on that deal. That pick is what hopefully will be the bridge from the Chris Paul era to the fully formed Booker/Ayton era.
OK. I agree with that. Obviously.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

What's scaring me is the prospect of swapping picks, so Jones can throw away a lower first round pick on Bane...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe his stats? Career low in assist, near career low in scoring (was lower when he had to share scoring with Harden), career low in steals, 35 years old. You do not really expect a 35-year-old to bump up those numbers do you? Really? I would expect about 50 games from him given his health track record and age.

Such a deal would not be the end of the world, but its not one I would make.

I am also a Suns fan and remember the early Phoenix retirements of Ariza, Chandler, and a host of other players who used the Suns as a nice place to coast out their time. I am a bit jaded.
First, you completely ignore what he did in OKC. Second, even at his age, putting him in the same tier as Chandler and Arica is just wrong.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don't think Phoenix or OKC need to make the deal or change there teams this much. Its all Media but if Paul wants to end his career in The Valley you make it happen. But keep the 10th pick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Jones should stand fast. I don’t think OKC gets competing offers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, you completely ignore what he did in OKC. Second, even at his age, putting him in the same tier as Chandler and Arica is just wrong.

It seems like a lot of people here are ONLY looking at what he did in OKC and ignoring the trend before that. Since the strike shortened season up until this past Covid shortened year, he's only been available for more than 70 games twice. That recent stretch of 7 seasons includes missing games of 12, 20, 21, 24 and 24. History suggests his attendance record last year was a huge aberration.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people here are ONLY looking at what he did in OKC and ignoring the trend before that. Since the strike shortened season up until this past Covid shortened year, he's only been available for more than 70 games twice. That recent stretch of 7 seasons includes missing games of 12, 20, 21, 24 and 24. History suggests his attendance record last year was a huge aberration.
My Lord Houston might have won it all if he doesn't get hurt...................

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think Phoenix or OKC need to make the deal or change there teams this much. Its all Media but if Paul wants to end his career in The Valley you make it happen. But keep the 10th pick

I think OKC absolutely needs to make that deal or any deal that gets Paul off their books.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul will choose where he goes. Suns need to hold tight to the 10th pick because that's a lot of salary they are taking on. I'm sure the parameters of the trade have already been discussed before they were given permission to talk.

I can live without the trade as long as the Suns are committed to improving the team this season especially at the 4/5 position and guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And yet he was the main reason OKC won as many games as it did.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet he was the main reason OKC won as many games as it did.

Was he? This idea that they had nothing there is just wrong. Paul might have been their best overall player but it was really close. SGA and Adams both had great seasons, some want to credit that solely to Paul but I think that does those players a disservice. Strong coaching and the play of SGA, Adams, Noel, Gallinari, Schroder and yes, Chris Paul, took them to an unexpected season.