2020 Draft

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nope, just tape before the draft. Riller stands out for me, too.

If you watch the full games, you will see that Terry isn't anything special. I have not seen Riller's games, but from his tape, he doesn't appear to be anything special, either, and his numbers suggest that he can't play the point, despite being the size of a point guard.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you watch the full games, you will see that Terry isn't anything special. I have not seen Riller's games, but from his tape, he doesn't appear to be anything special, either, and his numbers suggest that he can't play the point, despite being the size of a point guard.
From scouting videos on YouTube, Riller is a SG in a PG's body. He can score from anywhere on floor but he is not going to create shots for others (1:1 AST / TO) or run an offense because he is the offense or at least was at College of Charleston.

Terry has really worked on his body since the end of the season, I think someone posted his tweet on this thread about putting on 20 lbs of muscle and improving his vertical by 3 to 4 inches in five months which is pretty impressive when you add that amount of mass to your body. So while he may have looked small and inexplosive last season he may look better if we had camps and workouts to verify but you would take him assuming with the added strength and explosiveness he game will improve drastically.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From scouting videos on YouTube, Riller is a SG in a PG's body. He can score from anywhere on floor but he is not going to create shots for others (1:1 AST / TO) or run an offense because he is the offense or at least was at College of Charleston.

Terry has really worked on his body since the end of the season, I think someone posted his tweet on this thread about putting on 20 lbs of muscle and improving his vertical by 3 to 4 inches in five months which is pretty impressive when you add that amount of mass to your body. So while he may have looked small and inexplosive last season he may look better if we had camps and workouts to verify but you would take him assuming with the added strength and explosiveness he game will improve drastically.

That's exactly what I see in Riller (which won't translate to the NBA, except perhaps in an Eddie House type deep bench instant offense role). As for Terry, that's an awful lot of speculation based solely on measurements and not a single second of game action.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Kira Lewis Jr looks like he can turn into 17-20 pts a game 5-8 assist by his 2nd or 3rd year.

I think he or J.Smith should be the pick if Toppin does not fall.

Kira speed will allow him to score in the open court early in his career.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kira Lewis Jr looks like he can turn into 17-20 pts a game 5-8 assist by his 2nd or 3rd year.

I see some KJ in him. I wouldn't mind the pick...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Kira has been the guy I’ve been eyeing. He has an innate ability (speed) that gives him an automatic advantage on the court. We don’t have many guys like that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kira has been the guy I’ve been eyeing. He has an innate ability (speed) that gives him an automatic advantage on the court. We don’t have many guys like that.

The only thing about him that concerns me is his decision making. He is very turnover prone. (But then again, so was KJ early in his career.)

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
PG Rubio
SG Booker
SF Kelly
PF Cam
C Ayton

Cam in the bubble added and dribble-drive element to his game.

SF 6th Man Bridges
PG Kira Lewis
SG Payne
PF Dario
C Baynes/Free Agent

With Baynes setting screen for Kira layup all-day
Bridges and Payne with the 3 ball

Then Booker and or Kelly come back in the game.

Suns can make playoffs with that rotation.

Kira gives the Suns a player that can possibly compete with Steph, Ja, and Fox in the West.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
PG Rubio
SG Booker
SF Kelly
PF Cam
C Ayton

Cam in the bubble added and dribble-drive element to his game.

SF 6th Man Bridges
PG Kira Lewis
SG Payne
PF Dario
C Baynes/Free Agent

With Baynes setting screen for Kira layup all-day
Bridges and Payne with the 3 ball

Then Booker and or Kelly come back in the game.

Suns can make playoffs with that rotation.

Kira gives the Suns a player that can possibly compete with Steph, Ja, and Fox in the West.

Cam still can't rebound or defend, and his shot is way too inconsistent. He really needs to come off the bench.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Some mildly interesting nuggets from Jonathan Givony on ESPN+ this morning:

“After those three, the second tier includes Deni Avdija, Obi Toppin, Isaac Okoro, Tyrese Haliburton, Onyeka Okongwu and Patrick Williams. Those players appear likely to make up picks Nos. 4-9 in some order.”

“There is far less consensus around the league after that top nine. Devin Vassell, Killian Hayes, Aaron Nesmith, Tyrese Maxey, Precious Achiuwa, RJ Hampton, Kira Lewis and Saddiq Bey are the most likely to land among teams in the top 20”

“Aleksej Pokusevski, Cole Anthony, Jalen Smith and Josh Green could also go that high (top 20), though their draft ranges appear to be a bit wider.”

I found it interesting that he says that Patrick Williams is now a consensus top 9 pick and also mentions that there is talk that he could go as high as 4.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some mildly interesting nuggets from Jonathan Givony on ESPN+ this morning:

“After those three, the second tier includes Deni Avdija, Obi Toppin, Isaac Okoro, Tyrese Haliburton, Onyeka Okongwu and Patrick Williams. Those players appear likely to make up picks Nos. 4-9 in some order.”

“There is far less consensus around the league after that top nine. Devin Vassell, Killian Hayes, Aaron Nesmith, Tyrese Maxey, Precious Achiuwa, RJ Hampton, Kira Lewis and Saddiq Bey are the most likely to land among teams in the top 20”

“Aleksej Pokusevski, Cole Anthony, Jalen Smith and Josh Green could also go that high (top 20), though their draft ranges appear to be a bit wider.”

I found it interesting that he says that Patrick Williams is now a consensus top 9 pick and also mentions that there is talk that he could go as high as 4.

It would make the draft more interesting if some players projected to go outside the top 10 managed to move up. It would give the Suns more choices unless they were interested in Patrick Williams.

If the Suns stay put, I think Precious Achiuwa would be a solid choice.

I continue to think the Suns will try to trade down if they get the right offer.

What we don't know is how much the Suns value a point guard. There should be some available.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would make the draft more interesting if some players projected to go outside the top 10 managed to move up. It would give the Suns more choices unless they were interested in Patrick Williams.

If the Suns stay put, I think Precious Achiuwa would be a solid choice.

I continue to think the Suns will try to trade down if they get the right offer.

What we don't know is how much the Suns value a point guard. There should be some available.

The key is whether a point guard prospect has greater potential than Jevon Carter. In my opinion, only Haliburton, Hayes and Lewis definitively do.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I saw him play extensively in the Pac 12 season, and I saw nothing special in him. Reminded me a lot of Seth Curry.

I don't know what to say to this, I watched him play enough to see something special in him but to also have doubts. And the coaches saw enough special in him to name him to the all conference rookie team. That doesn't make him a future star or even necessarily a future NBA player but couple his freshman performance with reports and videos of his offseason improvement and there's sufficient reason to think he could be a very special player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns should not pass on the 4 two years in a row when some good ones are available. No Cam is not a real PF

There is a good argument to be made for this especially when some look like they could be BPA at 10.

Good point guards are such a rare commodity, one always has to consider them though. They are about as valuable as quarterbacks in the NFL.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know what to say to this, I watched him play enough to see something special in him but to also have doubts. And the coaches saw enough special in him to name him to the all conference rookie team. That doesn't make him a future star or even necessarily a future NBA player but couple his freshman performance with reports and videos of his offseason improvement and there's sufficient reason to think he could be a very special player.

That is EXACTLY what was said about Marquese Chriss. I need to see more in order to invest a Top 10 pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is EXACTLY what was said about Marquese Chriss. I need to see more in order to invest a Top 10 pick.

Tyrell Terry isn't going to go in the top 10 but he has some traits that will make him good. He can shoot with range, has an incredibly quick release and can get to the rim. There is no reason he can't be a good passer as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tyrell Terry isn't going to go in the top 10 but he has some traits that will make him good. He can shoot with range, has an incredibly quick release and can get to the rim. There is no reason he can't be a good passer as well.

Well, there is talk here of taking Terry at 10, which I equate to taking Chriss at 8...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

By whom? I certainly heard nothing like that about Chriss here or on RGM or the two Facebook Suns sites I frequented that season. Willie Cauley-Stein would have been a much better comparison given all the videos out there demonstrating how he'd remade his game but even still, it's irrelevant. This is a unique off-season and it's much easier to believe that someone has remade their body this year than usual.

Despite your negative review of him, Terry has a lot of supporters when it comes to his basketball IQ, passing ability and shooting skills. The concerns about him typically centered around his size, strength and athleticism. His height will always be somewhat of an issue but he's gone a gone a long way toward satisfying most of those concerns AFAIC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there is talk here of taking Terry at 10, which I equate to taking Chriss at 8...

We didn't just take Chriss at 8, it was far worse than that. I was against drafting MQ at all but the idea we'd pay a premium to get him at 8 was vomit inducing. Terry has none of the head and heart red light warnings about him. Simply drafting Terry at 10 in a top-light draft really isn't all that similar. I'm not sure it's the right thing to do but I won't bat an eye if he's the guy we choose there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave