2020 Draft

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
EVERYTHING about Terry reminds me of T.Young.
He may be the best shooter in the draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
EVERYTHING about Terry reminds me of T.Young.
He may be the best shooter in the draft.

Except that their performances in college, particularly in the points and assists categories, were in different universes, and Young was far superior driving the ball and passing it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those measurements official? Also why aren’t they listing reach which I always value over wingspan for bigs....

I doubt it's official because they don't have things like standing reach as you mention.

In the note about Tyrell Terry, it seems close to accurate.

Terry’s grown to 6-foot-2 barefoot and added 14 pounds to reach 174, and his stock has increased accordingly. Multiple league sources say Terry is receiving interest in the mid-first round. He’s been ranked in my top 10 for months because of his shotmaking ability packaged with a feel for passing and a grit for defense.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some stuff I agree with, other stuff, not so much, but Kellan has a pretty good track record when it comes to the draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Some stuff I agree with, other stuff, not so much, but Kellan has a pretty good track record when it comes to the draft.

Riller and Bane at 10 and 11 over guys like Vassell, Bay, Achiuwa and Smith are ridiculous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope Kellan Olson does not have insider information on the Suns draft.

If so, the Suns should be talking to the Celtics about a trade down for a couple of their first round picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score

I agree the Kellan deserves much respect for his prospect analysis. He's probably my favorite draft pundit of all time.

That said... I'm completely at a loss for his infatuation with Riller and Bane. I just don't see what he's seeing when I watch the film. And I for sure don't understand how they surpass Nesmith or Vassell let alone guys like Smith or Oturu.

I was deeply frustrated last year when we drafted Cam. NOT because I didn't like Cam, but because I thought we could have still taken him later. If we take Bane or Riller at #10 I will be much more frustrated. These two could be had MUCH later, and unlike Cam, I DO NOT LIKE either of these prospects. I'd maybe consider them in the 2nd round... in an absolutely awful draft... which this is.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I hope Kellan Olson does not have insider information on the Suns draft.

If so, the Suns should be talking to the Celtics about a trade down for a couple of their first round picks.
I agree the Kellan deserves much respect for his prospect analysis. He's probably my favorite draft pundit of all time.

That said... I'm completely at a loss for his infatuation with Riller and Bane. I just don't see what he's seeing when I watch the film. And I for sure don't understand how they surpass Nesmith or Vassell let alone guys like Smith or Oturu.

I was deeply frustrated last year when we drafted Cam. NOT because I didn't like Cam, but because I thought we could have still taken him later. If we take Bane or Riller at #10 I will be much more frustrated. These two could be had MUCH later, and unlike Cam, I DO NOT LIKE either of these prospects. I'd maybe consider them in the 2nd round... in an absolutely awful draft... which this is.
I also completely agree that his rankings of Riller and Bane are WAY off, but the one thing I will say, he has had them both ranked high from the very beginning before any of the other mocks and rankings had them high, and they continue to move up most national guys boards. Once again (since some on this board don’t read very well), it is crazy to have either of them on any list that only includes the top 20, but props to Kellen for having two of the consensus risers on his radar from day 1.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think that’s his draft board from the Suns’ POV. However with our wing depth plus Carter’s emergence I don’t see it with Bane. You can at least argue Riller would be a nice backup in the short term and has longterm starter potential (but he’d have to become a lights out shooter). Like I said before he’s less of a reach at #10 than Cam was at #11 in real time so it wouldn’t shock me.

I just think they’re targeting PG’s given the roster outlook. There’s no pressure to be anything special right away and you already have an elite SG attracting so much attention. If it’s me I’m trading back if the Big 3; Hayes, Haliburton or Lewis Jr are gone and focusing on Riller and Terry.

If Toppin is at #10 they’ll have to think hard. He’s so good offensively and complete trash on the type defensive plays he’ll see at the next level. You can’t put anymore pressure on Ayton to be an anchor.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also completely agree that his rankings of Riller and Bane are WAY off, but the one thing I will say, he has had them both ranked high from the very beginning before any of the other mocks and rankings had them high, and they continue to move up most national guys boards. Once again (since some on this board don’t read very well), it is crazy to have either of them on any list that only includes the top 20, but props to Kellen for having two of the consensus risers on his radar from day 1.

I think Kellan Olson has developed a contact close too or within the Suns organization. I'm not sure there is another way to explain it, especially his affinity to both Riller and Bane.

I did a thread on Riller way back on June 17th using input from Olson when he had him ranked 10.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/grant-riller.354792/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a preview of the draft with Kellan Olson and Luke Lapinkski.

JerkFace

Reaction score

Blurb in here linking the Suns to Nesmith.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Blurb in here linking the Suns to Nesmith.

That's all the Suns need is another wing and on the shorter side at that.

It's not that I don't like him but somebody needs to play interior defense and rebound. If the Suns went this direction in the draft I think a wing would have to be traded but maybe that's the plan.

If the Suns just want shooters maybe they should use the approach the Mavericks use and sign small guards like Trey Burke and Seth Curry.

JerkFace

Reaction score
That's all the Suns need is another wing and on the shorter side at that.

It's not that I don't like him but somebody needs to play interior defense and rebound. If the Suns went this direction in the draft I think a wing would have to be traded but maybe that's the plan.

If the Suns just want shooters maybe they should use the approach the Mavericks use and sign small guards like Trey Burke and Seth Curry.
Along those lines, I saw a trade suggestion that made me stop and think: #10 to Dallas for Curry, #18, #31.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Along those lines, I saw a trade suggestion that made me stop and think: #10 to Dallas for Curry, #18, #31.

I dislike helping Dallas. If the Suns were going to do something like this, I'd prefer 14 and 30 from Boston.

Seth Curry would be a nice addition though. I guess that's the sweetener.

Edit: I'd seriously think about this trade knowing James Jones' draft tendencies.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Dallas parted with Seth Curry except for a star.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose