Grant Riller

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Riller is a 6'3" 190 pound PG/SG prospect from Charleston. He would be an interesting selection if the Suns had a second round pick. His assist to turnover ratio (3.9/3.1) would be a concern. Also he is already 23 years of age and played against lesser competition

This past season he shot .499 from the field, .362 from 3 point range, 5.1 rebounds and had 3.9 assists.

Tankathon has him ranked #44 in their mock. Most mocks I have seen have him going in the second round.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/grant-riller

Kellan Olson writes about Grant Riller on Arizona Sports:

10. Grant Riller, PG, Charleston, 23 years old

It’s really unfortunate for Riller that he likely won’t have the combine and team-hosted workouts to show out because he would destroy this entire guard class at them. I’m talking defcon-five style annihilation.

As you can tell by now, this class has a dire lack of efficiency and production at guard, let alone someone who meets that as a goal and exceeds it as well.

Riller had his true shooting percentage above 60% and usage percentage above 30% in each of his last two seasons. Here are the guards who got picked in the NBA Draft to do that since 2010: Jimmer Fredette, Damian Lillard (twice), C.J. McCollum, Buddy Hield and Ja Morant.

https://arizonasports.com/story/229...ft-big-board-pt-3-biggest-sleeper-at-wing-pg/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some video highlights of Grant Riller.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kinda looks like Bledsoe. Not super fast, but crafty.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like someone James Jones would reach for at 10...

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Grant Riller is a 6'3" 190 pound PG/SG prospect from Charleston. He would be an interesting selection if the Suns had a second round pick. His assist to turnover ratio (3.9/3.1) would be a concern. Also he is already 23 years of age and played against lesser competition

This past season he shot .499 from the field, .362 from 3 point range, 5.1 rebounds and had 3.9 assists.

Tankathon has him ranked #44 in their mock. Most mocks I have seen have him going in the second round.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/grant-riller

Kellan Olson writes about Grant Riller on Arizona Sports:

10. Grant Riller, PG, Charleston, 23 years old

It’s really unfortunate for Riller that he likely won’t have the combine and team-hosted workouts to show out because he would destroy this entire guard class at them. I’m talking defcon-five style annihilation.

As you can tell by now, this class has a dire lack of efficiency and production at guard, let alone someone who meets that as a goal and exceeds it as well.

Riller had his true shooting percentage above 60% and usage percentage above 30% in each of his last two seasons. Here are the guards who got picked in the NBA Draft to do that since 2010: Jimmer Fredette, Damian Lillard (twice), C.J. McCollum, Buddy Hield and Ja Morant.

https://arizonasports.com/story/229...ft-big-board-pt-3-biggest-sleeper-at-wing-pg/
Wow. Just... wow Mainstreet. So you'll do a thread on Grant Riller but NOT on my 3rd round sleeper Arturs Zagars. Zagars is going to light up the G league for like 10 years, just you watch. (Of course, his career will be cut short in his 30's as he'll be playing teenage heartthrob Zack Morris on the Latvian renditon of Saved By the Bell).
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just... wow Mainstreet. So you'll do a thread on Grant Riller but NOT on my 3rd round sleeper Arturs Zagars. Zagars is going to light up the G league for like 10 years, just you watch. (Of course, his career will be cut short in his 30's as he'll be playing teenage heartthrob Zack Morris on the Latvian renditon of Saved By the Bell).
You must be registered for see images attach

Two-way contract. :D