KK...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-4th down call
-Going limp in OT after trying to be aggressive
-Iced his own kicker

Running a ton at the end of regulation, which ate up so much time
I didn’t mind that 4th down call against a juggernaut offensive team like that.

The others though? Yeesh.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don't know what the heck you guys are talking about.

Other than two stupid screen passes, I don't see what Kliff did so wrong.

Are you all just pissed about not kicking the FG, because I think it was the right decision.

I like the aggressiveness he has going for it on 4th downs and he's been successful more often than not. Sucks when it doesn't work out but I'll take it over being too passive any day.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know what’s funny?

This was Kliff’s worst coached game this season. Arguably bottom 3 since his tenure.

And we still won whether cause or in spite of him.

Incredible.
we won in spite of kingsbury tonight. first time i've said that in his tenure

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kicking a FG on second down when the opposition has 2 time outs was even worse. You can kneel down, whatever, you have to burn those time outs.

He saw Kyler get hit and turtled. If Simmons doesn't make an amazing pick Kliff is the biggest goat in this game by far.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kicking a FG on second down when the opposition has 2 time outs was even worse. You can kneel down, whatever, you have to burn those time outs.

He saw Kyler get hit and turtled. If Simmons doesn't make an amazing pick Kliff is the biggest goat in this game by far.
The game would have been over if we made the FG as it was overtime and Seattle already had a possession.

The FG call in OT was absolutely the right call considering the above. Zane just can't miss a virtual XP.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game would have been over if we made the FG as it was overtime and Seattle already had a possession.

The FG call in OT was absolutely the right call considering the above. Zane just can't miss a virtual XP.

Its not the right call on second down when the opposing team has two time outs became the odds of missing the FG are far greater than a poor exchange.

Further, he tried to get more yards and Kyler got hit and he immediately kicked it.

He changed his entire strategy, incorrectly, by one play. It was amateurist.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Its not the right call on second down when the opposing team has two time outs became the odds of missing the FG are far greater than a poor exchange.

Further, he tried to get more yards and Kyler got hit and he immediately kicked it.

He changed his entire strategy, incorrectly, by one play. It was amateurist.
He didn't change his strategy. Kyler was literally only trying to get to the left hash for the FG. That's why that play looked so bad because that was his only intent.

Again the people arguing against this call would 100% be calling out KK if we run another play and a turnover happens.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So instead, he had no play clock awareness on the game winning play?

Was there a delay in him calling for the FG? That's really the only thing he could directly control.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Look I get it. But I have seen teams lose games like this, where the field goal wins it, because of interceptions and fumbles. It hurts even more than that missed field goal did. If we get the snap off in time it was a win right there.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The head coach needs to know the play clock on that play. He had to be reminded by an assistant.
Still have no idea how the players couldn't get into position faster though. The decision to kick came right away so the players should have hustled out there and got in position to snap it in time.