KK...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't change his strategy. Kyler was literally only trying to get to the left hash for the FG. That's why that play looked so bad because that was his only intent.

Again the people arguing against this call would 100% be calling out KK if we run another play and a turnover happens.

This is a ton of supposition. Under no circumstances does kicking a 41 yarder make sense on second down.

41 yard FGs are made 85% of the time so a 15% fail rate. Just 4 yards cuts that fail rate in half. 8 yards quarters it.

Also, if the intent was to reposition the ball, you don't run towards an uncovered defender on the prior play. You stack in that direction and minimize the risk.

Nothing you are stating here makes any sense statistically or within the flow of the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look I get it. But I have seen teams lose games like this, where the field goal wins it, because of interceptions and fumbles. It hurts even more than that missed field goal did. If we get the snap off in time it was a win right there.

You haven't seen it 15 times out of 100 times.

If the intent was to kick the FG regardless of down, he would have done it 5 yards closer on 1st down.

It wasn't. He panicked.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Why was it spite of him? Like someone said above, he had one or 2 stupid play calls, but why is this win not because of him?
It's one thing to say that it is in spite of some bad or iffy decisions, but he also had a lot to do with this win as well.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. It worked.

So when we missed the FG on second down, is that a sign that it was a poor decision because it didn't work?

You seem to be conflating end results with everything in between. The saying of a broken clock being right twice a day absolutely applies here.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the intent was to kick the FG regardless of down, he would have done it 5 yards closer on 1st down.

It wasn't. He panicked.

You should send him, Keim and Bidwill sternly worded Tweets.

I am messing with you Chris. But overlooking the good to focus and obsess on the bad .... I personally would rather not.

Yes, the team and the coaches made mistakes. So did Seattle. Their fans are really pissed if you go to their boards. I am enjoying being in our position thoroughly. I really did not care about anything that went wrong when the last kick slithered through.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was yelling at the TV to go for the TD first. I agree with Bruce Arians... settling for the kick with downs in your pocket takes off the board 50% of your ways to win the game.

But do I care now? Absolutely not.

The fact the team overcame THAT and won should as equally be credited to coaching.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It wasn't. He panicked.
Yeah, he didnt want to risk a throw and after running for a loss he wasnt sure the Seahawks were going to give up anymore rushing yards. He went conservative.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is a ton of supposition. Under no circumstances does kicking a 41 yarder make sense on second down.

41 yard FGs are made 85% of the time so a 15% fail rate. Just 4 yards cuts that fail rate in half. 8 yards quarters it.

Also, if the intent was to reposition the ball, you don't run towards an uncovered defender on the prior play. You stack in that direction and minimize the risk.

Nothing you are stating here makes any sense statistically or within the flow of the game.
Not suggesting that his method of getting to the left hash was the right way, but he 100% was trying to simply set up where Zane likes to kick from on the left hash and take the FG.

What other reason do you have for that truly atrocious play happening where Kyler didn't even half way look like he was trying to make a play?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting that his method of getting to the left hash was the right way, but he 100% was trying to simply set up where Zane likes to kick from on the left hash and take the FG.

What other reason do you have for that truly atrocious play happening where Kyler didn't even half way look like he was trying to make a play?

No idea but I think Murray has cleared this all up.

I have told you all before that I met Kyler's family and they were VERY forward with how conservative Kliff's play calling is.

Murray is about to outgrow these handcuffs

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No idea but I think Murray has cleared this all up.

I have told you all before that I met Kyler's family and they were VERY forward with how conservative Kliff's play calling is.

Murray is about to outgrow these handcuffs
Here's to hoping that Kliff adjusts as it becomes more and more clear that Kyler can handle more responsibility.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff did not ice his own kicker. The kick went up after DOG would have been called.

Kliff has the courage to orchestrate at 48 second drive to tie the game on RUN plays. Any other coach would have tried it all through the air and would have lost the game. Their no huddle game made it possible. He gets credit for that

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems we have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation with our coaches at times.

You must be registered for see images attach

Still, this team suffered several back breaking moments in this game and didn't quit.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kliff did not ice his own kicker. The kick went up after DOG would have been called.

Kliff has the courage to orchestrate at 48 second drive to tie the game on RUN plays. Any other coach would have tried it all through the air and would have lost the game. Their no huddle game made it possible. He gets credit for that

It’s not about the timeout. It’s about not going back to Chase when he was FEASTING on their sorry ass D.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knit pick KK all you want but please just look back to 2018 for just a second.

We are in the top 5 in just about every offensive category averaging about 30 ppg.

We are 5-2 and just defeated perhaps the best team, certainly the best offense in the league.

Of course there is room for improvement but this team is starting to blossom. This team loves KK. They played their collective guts out for him tonight and that alone is worth a thousand words.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Actually an assistant told Kliff or it would’ve been a delay. Just another game management error on his part, which he’s did repeatedly at Tech & numerous times here.

Kyler & a few others bailed his butt out!
Zane should have kicked that 41 yarder, and Kliff had to call a timeout due to the team running out of time. It was a roller coaster of a game but he was the coach to hand Seattle their first defeat. Yeah, he has game management problems but Chewing Gum lost the game and it's Kliff winning

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Knit pick KK all you want but please just look back to 2018 for just a second.

We are in the top 5 in just about every offensive category averaging about 30 ppg.

We are 5-2 and just defeated perhaps the best team, certainly the best offense in the league.

Of course there is room for improvement but this team is starting to blossom. This team loves KK. They played their collective guts out for him tonight and that alone is worth a thousand words.
I dunno
I think the bucs are better than Seattle

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose