Cards are bringing in and intend to sign Prince Amukamara

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So you are giving up on the season? Trading away our best defensive player for a guy you think tbe raider are going to cut?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
1st...I don't believe Peterson is our best defensive player. This is magnified by the amount of zone we run.

2nd...Gabe Jackson is a hold over from previous regime. The Raiders have invested in Incognito, and drafted Simpson. They are also in a tight cap situation where they may want to get something to improve a weakness and push for the playoffs. For the Cardinals, Gabe Jackson adds a piece at RG to replace Sweezy, is an upgrade in talent, and fills a need to get stronger up front. It also would enable to Cardinals to avoid taking an OG early and focus on C or OT if they wanted to get better up front.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1st...I don't believe Peterson is our best defensive player. This is magnified by the amount of zone we run.

2nd...Gabe Jackson is a hold over from previous regime. The Raiders have invested in Incognito, and drafted Simpson. They are also in a tight cap situation where they may want to get something to improve a weakness and push for the playoffs. For the Cardinals, Gabe Jackson adds a piece at RG to replace Sweezy, is an upgrade in talent, and fills a need to get stronger up front. It also would enable to Cardinals to avoid taking an OG early and focus on C or OT if they wanted to get better up front.

I can't talk for anyone else but I would do that trade.

I know there are people here going to scream "P2 for a Guard?! He's a top 10 CB. No he isn't. Not anymore.

He's a 30 year old corner with a recent PED bust who's obviously on the down slope and a free agent in 11 games.

Jackson is a huge physical tone setter who at 29 has plenty of years left.

It won't happen though because I'm pretty sure they signed Justin Murray to play RG but it's nice to dream.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score

I would love to have Gabe Jackson at RG. Send a third rounder for him and maybe Justin Murray. The guy has power to spare. A total mauler in the run game.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to have Gabe Jackson at RG. Send a third rounder for him and maybe Justin Murray. The guy has power to spare. A total mauler in the run game.

A third rounder and Murray for a guy who's backing up a rookie?

They'd make that deal in a nanosecond.

P.S. Murray, so far, has been an upgrade on Sweezy.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

The Raiders traditionally give players away, making BOB look like he was a competent GM. You may be able to get Jackson from them for some dude you signed yesterday off the street, who hasn't played a snap in 7 years...7 potatoes and a bag of turnips...Plus, you can probably get the Raiders to pay the rest of his salary for 2020.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I can't talk for anyone else but I would do that trade.

I know there are people here going to scream "P2 for a Guard?! He's a top 10 CB. No he isn't. Not anymore.

He's a 30 year old corner with a recent PED bust who's obviously on the down slope and a free agent in 11 games.

Jackson is a huge physical tone setter who at 29 has plenty of years left.

It won't happen though because I'm pretty sure they signed Justin Murray to play RG but it's nice to dream.
P2 shut down DK Metcalf who lit up Gilmore earlier this year....
Hes playing at an all pro level

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Murray has been GOOD at RG. The Cardinals offensive line has become a good unit.

I was reading a national level article yesterday that basically said the Cardinals were really promising but still had a weak offensive line. It's just not true anymore. Hump is a legit good LT now. Pugh has been real good at LG. The rest of the line are all solid players. Plus there is quality depth. It think it's the best weve seen in Arizona.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P2 shut down DK Metcalf who lit up Gilmore earlier this year....
Hes playing at an all pro level

Fans man.

P2 has done nothing all season. He gave up 100+ to McLaurin. He didn't play well vs Lions or Panthers. Had nothing to do vs the Jets. Played pretty well vs a garbage Dallas offense.

Has one great game vs DK and he's "playing at an all pro level". I hope he stays at this level but don't tell me he's had an all pro season because of one game. He's been generally poor up to that point.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fans man.

P2 has done nothing all season. He gave up 100+ to McLaurin. He didn't play well vs Lions or Panthers. Had nothing to do vs the Jets. Played pretty well vs a garbage Dallas offense.

Has one great game vs DK and he's "playing at an all pro level". I hope he stays at this level but don't tell me he's had an all pro season because of one game. He's been generally poor up to that point.
He didn’t shadow McLaurin, he shadowed Galloday except on his TD catch because we were in zone on that play, didn’t have a good game vs Robby Anderson, the jets targeted the guy P2 covered 13 times and he gave up 2 catches, shadowed Amari Cooper and didn’t give up anything until we were up 28-3, and he held a top 5 yard getter 23 total yards and had an INT.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn’t shadow McLaurin, he shadowed Galloday except on his TD catch because we were in zone on that play, didn’t have a good game vs Robby Anderson, the jets targeted the guy P2 covered 13 times and he gave up 2 catches, shadowed Amari Cooper and didn’t give up anything until we were up 28-3, and he held a top 5 yard getter 23 total yards and had an INT.

He was on McLaurin for most of his catches and his TD. Watch it. He didn't shadow Golladay, he was mostly on Jones and he gave up 100+ yards and a TD to Lockett. But sure he's All Pro.

He had a good game vs DK, but otherwise has been well below All pro level.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans man.

Attributing all of the 100+ yards by McLaurin to PP21 is exaggerating to make a point, and being part of a "D" that largely shuts down an opponent is a plus, not a meh.

That said: I don't think he's All-Pro at this point.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He was on McLaurin for most of his catches and his TD. Watch it. He didn't shadow Golladay, he was mostly on Jones and he gave up 100+ yards and a TD to Lockett. But sure he's All Pro.

He had a good game vs DK, but otherwise has been well below All pro level.
Kirkpatrick was on Lockett...watch the film and even listen to Michaels and Collinsworth calling him out, because he appeared to be playing hurt and not doing a great job of covering Lockett.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirkpatrick was on Lockett...watch the film and even listen to Michaels and Collinsworth calling him out, because he appeared to be playing hurt and not doing a great job of covering Lockett.

Kirkpatrick is a liability, in every games, he put some effort but really struggle to stick with a receiver
Peterson performance has been up and down, after one good game we can't forget some mediocre games he had, but this is a problem for great part of the cornerbacks not named Ramsey, Humphries and few others
Peterson is still a good one
He is always been good against big receivers but had more problems covering quickest and shifty guys

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Attributing all of the 100+ yards by McLaurin to PP21 is exaggerating to make a point, and being part of a "D" that largely shuts down an opponent is a plus, not a meh.

That said: I don't think he's All-Pro at this point.

Maybe not all, but most. He shadowed him most of the game. Had a couple of snaps on Kirkpatrick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

P2 was on Lockett for the 40 yarder the very first play of the game and the "moon shot" at the end of the half for the TD.

You can watch them here interspersed with some of his DK coverage

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
P2’s coverage on their catches was great.

He is a massive asset. DK didn’t have a game with less than 90 yards before last week. He was less effective than Isabella.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
P2 was on Lockett for the 40 yarder the very first play of the game and the "moon shot" at the end of the half for the TD.

You can watch them here interspersed with some of his DK coverage

The coverage on Lockett was good by p21, he just made two crazy catches

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The coverage on Lockett was good by p21, he just made two crazy catches

I never said otherwise, but then everyone is judging his coverage of Metcalf by how much yardage Metcalf didn't have. But he gets a pass on yardage on Lockett because they were good passes. Maybe by the same token the passes to DK were bad? Certainly the interception was bad as Metcalf was open and the ball well well overthrown.

Peterson had his best game vs Seattle for sure, but he's been far from All Pro level overall. Considering all his off season talk about bouncing back and showing he's still the man it's taken 7 games to really do anything.

All I'm saying is, can't we have some nuance? The P2 threads and the game threads are full of people saying how average P2 has been. He has 1 game where Metcalf under performs and hes "All pro".

This whole discussion today was brought on by someone picking up a 16 days old comments from the P2 discussion basically trying to say "Well weren't you wrong, look at him vs DK. He's an All Pro". No he's not. 1 game doesn't change anything.

Lets see how he does vs Diggs when we play the Bills, DK and Lockett in game 2, Woods and Kupp when we play the Rams. Then we can talk.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said otherwise, but then everyone is judging his coverage of Metcalf by how much yardage Metcalf didn't have. But he gets a pass on yardage on Lockett because they were good passes. Maybe by the same token the passes to DK were bad? Certainly he interception was bad as Metcalf was open and the ball well well overthrown.

Peterson had his best game vs Seattle for sure, but he's been far from All Pro level overall. Considering all his off season talk about bouncing back and showing he's still the man it's taken 7 games to really do anything.

All I'm saying is, can't we have some nuance? The P2 threads and the game threads are full of people saying how average P2 has been. He has 1 game where Metcalf under performs and hes "All pro".

If Wilson didn't overthrown peterson was in position to close the gap easily

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said otherwise, but then everyone is judging his coverage of Metcalf by how much yardage Metcalf didn't have. But he gets a pass on yardage on Lockett because they were good passes. Maybe by the same token the passes to DK were bad? Certainly the interception was bad as Metcalf was open and the ball well well overthrown.

This whole discussion today was brought on by someone picking up a 16 days old comments from the P2 discussion basically trying to say "Well weren't you wrong, look at him vs DK. He's an All Pro". No he's not. 1 game doesn't change anything.

Lets see how he does vs Diggs when we play the Bills, DK and Lockett in game 2, Woods and Kupp when we play the Rams. Then we can talk.

Metcalf admitted after the game that pick was his fault. He stopped and was trying to set up for a sideline catch but Wilson was already throwing it towards the corner of the endzone, which apparently is what he's supposed to do in that scenario. If you watch the replay the reason DK is "open" is he stopped the route.

It was a bad throw in the sense that PP was able to catch it inbounds, it should have been where if DK doesn't catch it, nobody can.

PP is not nearly as good as he used to be, but he played great against DK and he had good coverage on Lockett. The 2 throws were perfect the 2 catches were great. The TD also on that play it was Baker not PP in coverage, for whatever reason Baker stopped, I think he thought PP had the better angle and he wanted to get out of his way.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Peterson is not the problem. Why the hell are we talking about something which is not the problem during mid season when this thread is about the value of the Pauper Amukamara? The second CB situation is mediocre, but that's a Cardinal constant every year it seems. So basically, we have to ask ourselves... did we get a solid mediocre guy or did we get someone who sucks lol

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lockett made some ridiculous catches too, on plays he was well covered. I though that the game looked over on the first play. Lockett makes a wild one handed grab for a 50 yard gain. And never stopped..

Let's look at moving Murphy up to the big time and give him CB2 like was always intended.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lockett made some ridiculous catches too, on plays he was well covered. I though that the game looked over on the first play. Lockett makes a wild one handed grab for a 50 yard gain. And never stopped..

Let's look at moving Murphy up to the big time and give him CB2 like was always intended.

Not just no. Let him stay where he is thriving.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Let's not. Murphy is unable to play the outside and never has shown to me that he really can. What he can be is a great nickel back and he better be great for a second rounder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose