Cards are bringing in and intend to sign Prince Amukamara

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, Oct 8, 2020.

1. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Ive been saying it all year. If you are not willing to sign him to a big money extension, then you need to trade him.

Its how good teams operate. If you want to debate signing him, moving him to safety, or anything else its a different story...but if the organization knows he either wants to test FA, or we are not going to be able to sign him...then you get something of value.

I will take Njouku a 2nd, and a 5th

2. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Nobody. It's suggested in this thread.

GuernseyCard likes this.
  3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I think Peterson has played fairly well, considering he is a man corner playing zone all of the time. It's one of the biggest indictment of Joseph's system that he forces pretty much a hall of fame cover corner to play zone when his strength is man. It's the same crap that Wilks did with him, but Bowles/Bettcher did not.

Jetstream Green and daves like this.
  4. Krangthebrain

Yeah based on total Mitchian conjecture, the Cards are looking at getting rid of Peterson!

I'd argue that the Cardinals are looking at the depth behind Murphy and understand they will be in big trouble if Peterson-Kirkpatrick-Murphy gets hurt, and they are preparing for that contingency by bringing in someone who can at least play a little boundary corner.

I'm still annoyed that despite what he showed on the field, the Cardinals cut Chris Jones.

5. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Are they in that much zone? They played all man vs the Jets. Mostly man vs Jets, Skins and Lions. Seemed to me only Panthers had zone to some degree?

6. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

1st...I don't believe Peterson is our best defensive player. This is magnified by the amount of zone we run.

2nd...Gabe Jackson is a hold over from previous regime. The Raiders have invested in Incognito, and drafted Simpson. They are also in a tight cap situation where they may want to get something to improve a weakness and push for the playoffs. For the Cardinals, Gabe Jackson adds a piece at RG to replace Sweezy, is an upgrade in talent, and fills a need to get stronger up front. It also would enable to Cardinals to avoid taking an OG early and focus on C or OT if they wanted to get better up front.

7. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I can't talk for anyone else but I would do that trade.

I know there are people here going to scream "P2 for a Guard?! He's a top 10 CB. No he isn't. Not anymore.

He's a 30 year old corner with a recent PED bust who's obviously on the down slope and a free agent in 11 games.

Jackson is a huge physical tone setter who at 29 has plenty of years left.

It won't happen though because I'm pretty sure they signed Justin Murray to play RG but it's nice to dream.

8. Ronin

Ronin NMSU alumnus

Chris_Sanders and daves like this.
  9. Snakester

Snakester Draft Man

I would love to have Gabe Jackson at RG. Send a third rounder for him and maybe Justin Murray. The guy has power to spare. A total mauler in the run game.

BritCard likes this.
  10. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

A third rounder and Murray for a guy who's backing up a rookie?

They'd make that deal in a nanosecond.

P.S. Murray, so far, has been an upgrade on Sweezy.

11. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

The Raiders traditionally give players away, making BOB look like he was a competent GM. You may be able to get Jackson from them for some dude you signed yesterday off the street, who hasn't played a snap in 7 years...7 potatoes and a bag of turnips...Plus, you can probably get the Raiders to pay the rest of his salary for 2020.

GuernseyCard likes this.
  12. Rohinaz

Rohinaz Registered

P2 shut down DK Metcalf who lit up Gilmore earlier this year....
    Hes playing at an all pro level

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard and daves like this.
  13. Krangthebrain

Murray has been GOOD at RG. The Cardinals offensive line has become a good unit.

I was reading a national level article yesterday that basically said the Cardinals were really promising but still had a weak offensive line. It's just not true anymore. Hump is a legit good LT now. Pugh has been real good at LG. The rest of the line are all solid players. Plus there is quality depth. It think it's the best weve seen in Arizona.

14. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Fans man.

P2 has done nothing all season. He gave up 100+ to McLaurin. He didn't play well vs Lions or Panthers. Had nothing to do vs the Jets. Played pretty well vs a garbage Dallas offense.

Has one great game vs DK and he's "playing at an all pro level". I hope he stays at this level but don't tell me he's had an all pro season because of one game. He's been generally poor up to that point.

daves likes this.
  15. AZfaninMN

AZfaninMN Registered

He didn’t shadow McLaurin, he shadowed Galloday except on his TD catch because we were in zone on that play, didn’t have a good game vs Robby Anderson, the jets targeted the guy P2 covered 13 times and he gave up 2 catches, shadowed Amari Cooper and didn’t give up anything until we were up 28-3, and he held a top 5 yard getter 23 total yards and had an INT.