Official Cuts/Practice Squad Thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two things:
1. We'll know if the team thinks that Butler might have a future, if they sign him to the PS.
2. I recently read (and I already forget where) that Arizona has a Top Ten Talent rating on a roster of players under 25 years of age. If so SK must be doing something right.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I wonder if that means the UA kid is sticking? Probably either him or Crawley (or a waiver guy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure they do. You expect your mid-round picks to contribute somehow. Butler will have appeared in 0 games as a Cardinal, and that's embarrassing.
Stats can mislead - We assembled a huge room of receivers and "we had to cut someone."

Nother way to look at it - Look at the guys we're keeping; they represent a lot of talent for one position.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Two things:
1. We'll know if the team thinks that Butler might have a future, if they sign him to the PS.
2. I recently read (and I already forget where) that Arizona has a Top Ten Talent rating on a roster of players under 25 years of age. If so SK must be doing something right.
Talent means nothing if Huey don’t realize talent. All drafted player have talent.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wonder if that means the UA kid is sticking? Probably either him or Crawley (or a waiver guy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously I’m rooting for Whittaker to stick. He would be a nice back up at slot CB

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes they do. Do me a favor look up how many 4th rounders even make it to there second contract. Here’s a hint...not a lot.

There’s a yawning gap between not getting a second contract and not playing in a single game, but you prolly knew that already, right?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yes they do. Do me a favor look up how many 4th rounders even make it to there second contract. Here’s a hint...not a lot.
I’m not concerned about second contracts I’m concerned about fourth-round picks, especially the #1 fourth-rounder, literally doing nothing for the team.

Your standards should be higher than this. This is the second fourth-rounder to be cut without playing a down under Keim’s leadership

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If the Cards cut Butler this early in the cycle, they’re not bringing him back at all. It’s personal

This, it's not about Butler's potential physically but there's a attitude flaw with him which for me seems evident. There is too much hush hush about why since he joined the Cards which goes beyond his ability to play football

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bit surprising for the Cardinals to waive Chris Jones but I'm taking this as a good thing... I hope, I hope.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This, it's not about Butler's potential physically but there's a attitude flaw with him which for me seems evident. There is too much hush hush about why since he joined the Cards which goes beyond his ability to play football

This. It's clear he doesn't have the drive. The guy has been healthy for about 10 months. He should have rocked up at camp looking like the Terminator. Instead he looked like he played Xbox the whole time.

And in the limited video we saw he just looked lethargic. Where other guys were running practice reps like they were a game he looked like he was going through the motions.

People wondered why he dropped. Now we know.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Jones has promise. Surprised he's cut considering our issues.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m super bummed about Hakeem, and certainly you never want to have a 4th rounder not play a down for your team, but not every player has the same risk profile. Hakeem has some elite traits that you could dream on, and also has some traits that could lead you to believe this would be his fate. You could draft a special teams player in the 4th round that stayed with you for 4+ years and pat yourself on the back, but at the end of the day sometimes you have to take risks on guys that have a chance of being great. You win some, you lose some.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not concerned about second contracts I’m concerned about fourth-round picks, especially the #1 fourth-rounder, literally doing nothing for the team.

Your standards should be higher than this. This is the second fourth-rounder to be cut without playing a down under Keim’s leadership

No you should actually know how the draft works and have a realistic view of it. A 4th round pick contributing and playing a legit role for the team is a lot more rare than a 4th rounder being cut.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have to dislike his personality or work habits. He is clearly at least the 3rd best CB on the field on the team.

I think this is a mistake.

I'm starting to get nervous about it as well with the cut of Jace Whittaker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard